Main Menu

More disappointment.

Started by anchorman, July 24, 2017, 08:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

More disappointment for Freo fans on the weekend, and it doesn't get much better in weeks to come.I don't see a game we can honestly say we can win.Maybe the Suns at home.
A long and painful end to the season I feel.I think we will also be in for more pain next season unless we can get some experience players from the trade table.
One real shining light for us is the way Sean Darcy has stepped up.He has taken what ever, and whoever has been thrown at him with the ease of a veteran.A real plus for us.

HappyDEZ

Fyfe for 6 years is a positive. Blakely headed towards elite? Walters/Hill/Hill has huge potential. Neale still has a ton of good footy ahead of him. Ryan & Logue look like permanent back 6 fixtures for the future. Bennell is a huge ? mark. Cross your fingers on that one but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath. Cam should improve steeply next year you would think. It is obvious that Taberner lacks something that RTB holds highly. Forward pressure? Strange one 'cos they kept bombing it to no one in the recent derby. Surely Taberner would have been of some use, at least while Cam was out? & yeah the big lad Darcy has been ultra competitive. Not the greatest list but all you can do is hit the draft & hope some 'B' graders can take the next step. Weller, Crozier, Tucker, Hughes not that far off?

anchorman

Dez, It is a list that certainly has a lot of promise, but we need that to turn to performance.I believe it will do later next year.It will just take time to gel with the kids needing game time.
I think the skills need a lot of work done over summer to get them up to scratch.
A host of kids who have yet to play double figure number of games.Three, I think, first year players, Darcy Cox and Logue all showing something.
I think Weller has stepped up a bit sooner than first thought. We need some bigger bodied back men to hold firm, I am not sure we have them yet.Collins, for some reason, seems to be on the outer and can't crack a game. Will he become another Jacob Ballard!!!
We will suffer pain early next season for sure.Not sure Kersten is an answer up forward.I agree McCarthy will be a better player.
Just have to wait and see.

valkorum

It's definitely not fun watching a losing team each week, but there are a lot of positives with some of the kids we have.

Blakely
Weller
L Ryan
Hughes
Nyhuis
Darcy
Tucker
Logue
Langdon
Balic (hope he stays)
McCarthy
Grey
Deluca

Then

A Pearce - hopefully he comes back strong and healthy
Bennell - things looking up for him
Apeness - I see him as our #1 key forward
B Hill - been a great recruit and is still young
Hamling - another great recruit and is still young

Then

We will get a top 10 draft pick again, so hopefully we can target someone decent

anchorman

Not that it gives us four points, but that was a brave performance from the boys on Saturday.All the boys contributed in some way.
Darcy struggled a bit against a second tier ruckman but still gave his all.Ryan was super in the back line.Great signs from Logue again.Played ten games now and continues to improve.
I don't think the club will risk Blakely again this season.They will rest him and let him recover for next season.McCarthy still disappoints a bit.Maybe the 12 months off has held him back more than expected.
Kersten played his best game yet for us.He now has to keep improving each weeks .Lift his work rate.