Great win, great come back... again.

Started by anchorman, April 24, 2017, 02:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchorman

What an amazing turn around from the boys Saturday night.I was prepared to say we were gone at the half way mark of the last quarter, but the boys found something extra.Not great football most of the night, but getting the result was incredible.
The senior players did a lot of hard work , but gee the young ones were hard at it.We have uncovered a good one in Brady Grey.His physical presence is inspiring to all.He is a never say die player.Never backs away from a contest or a scuffle.
Logue is going to be something as well.He looks like he believes he belongs.
Sandiland, yet again pulled the pants down of a supposedly better ruckman than himself.
Play physical football against the Toasters and we could very well come away with the four points.The Hawks proved that Sunday. Get physical and a few look for the cover of the turtle shell.
An interesting game for Derby 45.

valkorum

We were actually doing things quite well but that last kick in to the forward line was letting us down for the whole first half. 

Brady Grey was amazing - his effort and willingness to do the hard stuff was awesome.  Being at the game and seeing his effort off the ball was amazing.  He is quickly becoming my new favourite

Great win and the noise from crowd when Kersten kicked that winning goal was HUGE!!!

Ricochet

What a win. Not pretty at all but can't underestimate how important that game is for a young group going forward.

Hill out with a hammy hurts. And Peel not playing on the weekend isn't ideal either

Hopefully Balic's hip was only minor

Hawka

Havent seen any of the games Balic played, would he be a good replacement for Hill?

Ricochet

Quote from: Hawka on April 24, 2017, 02:35:12 PM
Havent seen any of the games Balic played, would he be a good replacement for Hill?
Hill's been pretty damn consistent for us in there and there isn't really a good replacement putting his hand up at Peel. We'd reshuffle if need be

valkorum

If Balic is fit I think he comes back in.  He was only dropped because he was injured.  From what you read it was only minor.