Main Menu

AXV: Taiwan Dolphins

Started by Memphistopheles, March 05, 2013, 03:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Great article Memph! Cant wait to line up this weekend. ;)

Yeah we do look shower on paper, but watch out ;)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: KoopKicka on April 09, 2013, 06:20:00 PM
Great article Memph! Cant wait to line up this weekend. ;)

Yeah we do look shower on paper, but watch out ;)

I helped build your team, I know what it's capable of.

Howlett on fire, Ebert on fire, Hannebery on form, Mzungu looking good. This is going to be a tough game for us.

Memphistopheles

Have updated the OP with a new Starting XV.

Thought Stokes, Jones and Jackson deserved their faces there given how important they've been to our season so far. McMahon and Winderlich also have cracked the first team. Corey, Lower, Vlastuin, Varcoe, Porplyzia the guys dropped.

I'll be bringing back the match reports as well when I get a chance.

Jay

Any word on the Jason Winderlich scandal?

Toga

I've heard shower's going down in Asia HQ :o :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Toga on April 29, 2013, 04:27:00 PM
I've heard shower's going down in Asia HQ :o :P

If I wasn't running my own spreadsheet of player scores for our players I never would have noticed. I could have kept it quiet but chose to speak up.

If he had played before this week I probably would have noticed but as it was his first score it was the first week I checked his score on SportsBet.

I assumed the Doc had the player positions right in his thread plus I vaguely remember Winderlich being a mid type player - it's been so long since he's played I think anyone would have struggle to tell you what position he was.

I've since spotted a second error in Nathan Wright being listed as a midfielder when he is a defender.

Toga

Haha no worries Memph, just joking. :P

Good on you for pointing it out! :)

tor01doc

Dolphins and Hawks.  ;D  ;D

Couldn't resist.

Colliwobblers

Dolphins a game clear on top of the AXVS ladder after 8.  nice work

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 19, 2013, 09:15:10 PM
Dolphins a game clear on top of the AXVS ladder after 8.  nice work

Yes, will get some action on this thread soon, been busy at work but the league leaders deserve it.

Memphistopheles

The Taiwan Dolphins are busy in the first trade period bringing in several potential superstars while moving on a few decent players.

Their first trade saw David Zaharakis and Aaron Edwards moved on for Rioli and Pick 33 in the National draft from the Eskimos

The second trade saw Rory Sloane, Daniel Jackson and Matt Rosa heading to the Strikers and Steele Sidebottom, Scott Lycett and Pick 41 in the National draft arrive at the Dolphins.

Memphistopheles

A number of other trades have been made by the Taiwan Dolphins as the trade period continues.

Firstly Steele Sidebottom's stay at the Dolphins proved temporary as he was soon on-traded along with NAT pick 44 to the Kuala Lumpur Crocodiles in exchange for Harley Bennell, Zac Tuohy and NAT pick 21.

Secondly the Dolphins moved NAT Pick 21 to the Vipers in exchange for NAT Picks #32 + #37 and Rookie Pick #36. The rationale behind this trade was that the Dolphins would be drafting deep into the National and Rookie drafts whereas the Vipers were not so the extra picks would come in handy.

Finally Taiwan was involved in a complex trade with the Bangladesh Bears and Kuala Lumpur Crocodiles which saw Jed Adcock, Zac Tuohy and Jordan Lewis leave the Dolphins and Daniel Rich, Dean Terlich and NAT picks 29 + 53 and Rookie pick 16 arrive in Taiwan.

Because of the nature of the deal Terlich will not arrive at the club until the next trade period however, the Dolphins are delighted to secure his, and Rich's, services.

Memphistopheles

In other news there looks likely to be big changes in player personnel at the Dolphins next season with a number of players retiring and several others given notice that they are likely to be delisted if a new home could not be found for them in the trade period.

Retirements:
Jared Brennan
Jason Blake
Brett Ebert
Joel Corey

Impending delistment:
Cameron Richardson
Nick Lower
Kyal Horsley
Corey Dell'Olio
Alex Howson
Jordon Bourke
Jack Osborn
Orren Stephensen

Uncertain future:
Josh Hunt
Darren Jolly
Leigh Osbourne
Kyle Hardingham
Sam Wright
Alwyn Davey

Ricochet

Here you are mate ;), unfortunately I had to delete from my thread :(

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2013, 01:09:48 PM
2013 Player Reviews: Isaac Smith

Position: Midfield

2013 Average: 115.5

2013 Games: 21

Season Scores:

Review: The recently acquired Isaac Smith was quickly sought out by Kuala Lumpur's Taiwan's coaching staff after an interesting but impressive 2013. The midfielder's stats are appealing just on face value; 115 average, as a 24 year old, in only his 3rd year of Asian level football. But when we look into his finish to the season, it really gets the Kuala Lumpur Dolphin faithful excited for 2014 and beyond. After Smith's scheduled bye in Round 13, Isaac exploded. He averaged 129.4 over these 10 games which included a mammoth score of 207! However being an outside player Smith is susceptible to tags. He was kept to his lowest score of the year (51) in Round 12 by Jaryd Cachia and again by Mark Whiley in Round 8 (for 98 points). However there are signs that the Isaac has learnt to work with his team-mates to break free from his opponent. This was shown in Round 20 when Smith was under a heavy tag from Clinton Jones but rose to the challenge to post a respectable 124. Isaac will be a valuably addition to the Crocodiles Dolphin midfield group and we are very excited to have him on board.

Memphistopheles

Thanks Ric. Handy info there.

Sorry I'm not doing reviews but here's one on Ablett.

Ablett single-handedly led the Dolphins to a Top 2 finish.

However, his drop off in form at the end of the season meant we had no chance in the finals :(