2015/16 Rookie Draft Thread

Started by Ringo, September 06, 2015, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

We open for business? As soon as leftover players are added to list I mean

Ringo

Rookie Draft is now open,

KB has indicated his pick will be Adam Oxley but he probably needs to confirm here,

Memph is next up.

GoLions

Out of curiosity, what happens if you miss your pick? Kinda hard to do the 'best available' like we do in NAT draft (or at least I think that's what we do). So do you just miss your pick and take it whenever you're next online?

GoLions

Also, is that list correct? I know that personally, I delisted Jayden Hunt and Kurt Aylett who are still on the Dees senior list and Bombers rookie list respectively (unless club pages are wrong), and they're not available to be picked in the rookie draft. Dunno if players have been missed from other teams as well or not though.

Nige

Aylett was delisted I'm pretty sure.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on November 30, 2015, 02:33:02 PM
Bombers need to update their team list then :P

But Jayden Hunt?

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on November 30, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

But Jayden Hunt?
Yeah, Hunt is still on Melbourne's list.

Footywire geneally has every list up to date pretty quickly.

Ringo

Jayden Hunt got missed in my cut and paste and now fixed. Aylett definitely shown as de-listed on the AFL site.
Reasonablly sure I got others right but as you know errors can be made with manual work.

Regarding skipping. I will make the ruling that auto picks will be made as follows:
As this is a rookie draft next Rookie listed in the rookie draft unpicked.  Rookie list is listed in draft order except for Cat B Rookies who will be next in line.

If all rookies have been taken then we will advance to Left Over National Draft players and if need be to Left over players from previous drafts.

This will be an incentive to be available for your pick within the 24 hrs.

KB has until 3.47am tomorrow morning to confirm Oxley as his pick.

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on November 30, 2015, 02:45:59 PM
Quote from: GoLions on November 30, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

But Jayden Hunt?
Yeah, Hunt is still on Melbourne's list.

Footywire geneally has every list up to date pretty quickly.
Footywire is what I was using to confirm but somehow missed Jay Hunt in my copying and pasting

kilbluff1985

nobody messaged me

but yes we take Adam Oxley with r1

Pkbaldy

Joshua Deluca-Cardillo is still on Wrexham's list Ringo.

Rusty00

Hey Ringo, a couple I noticed that were missing are Jack Hiscox, Lincoln McCarthy and Sam Shaw who were delisted by the Magic :)

nostradamus

Grope Lane Delisted Jake Kelly, he probs should be in the "Delisted players" list instead of "Left over players from previous years drafts" list

Everything else from our long list of delistments looks good though  ;)

Ringo

Have just re-done a double check and amended available players.  Must be getting too old to be admin made quite a few errors this year and not happy. 

Reiterating a rule here and is in the OP

Coaches have 24 hours offline, or 2 hours online in which to make their selections, after the previous selection is made.  This will be enforced by the league administrator and discretion can be used where appropriate.

As a courtesy coaches should PM the next coach on the list after they have picked. If ypu are passing advise in thread and the PM the next coach.

PM will be kept up to date.

So now Memph has till next on or 3:21pm tomorrow afternoon to pick.  Remember to PM next coach as over the next few days I will be away from keyboard for hours at a time due to commitments.

Memphistopheles