British XV's 2015 Awards Thread

Started by Ringo, March 27, 2015, 09:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Memphistopheles

How does anyone from the Steins/Giants get an invite lol.

Must be the only players who got votes.

Though Hogan must be up there for the Rising Star:D

Ringo

Bear in mind we are announcing MVP and Rising Star on that night so obviously the winner of the rising star needs to be in attendance as well.

Like the Brownlow as well all clubs get an invite for some of their players,  So obviously winners will come from the list of invitees if any one would care to have a guess at a market or winner.  Do not know the winner myself as yet as I still have 5 rounds to review and I can say there are some surprises with votes. And to answer your little question memph 6 players from Giants and 10 players from Steins have posted votes in the first 12 rounds.

So far in the first 12 rounds we have had 145 players poll votes.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on August 26, 2015, 08:49:17 PM
Wingard or Enright for me.

It's super tight at the top, winner revealed later tonight!

Ringo

can I have some more nominations for Coach of the year please.

My Nominations:
Rusty -  Werewolves has made the grand final 3 years in a row.
Nige - Taken the Rams from the bottom 3 to grand final in 2 years.
Purple77 - Has gradually improved the Hurricanes taking them to Preliminary Final this year from KO finals last 2 years.

Pkbaldy

Nrich/Ringo - For getting a team from 3rd on the bottom into the top 8 in a single year.

Rusty00

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 28, 2015, 11:11:41 AM
Nrich/Ringo - For getting a team from 3rd on the bottom into the top 8 in a single year.
Yeah, that was a fairly impressive turnaround.

Spite

I would like to nominate Memph. Didn't quite get the runs on the board, but the before and after snapshot of his list is quite remarkable. I'm sure if we calculated points for/against improvement he would be right up there!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Spite on August 28, 2015, 03:15:33 PM
I would like to nominate Memph. Didn't quite get the runs on the board, but the before and after snapshot of his list is quite remarkable. I'm sure if we calculated points for/against improvement he would be right up there!

Thanks mate :D

I don't think I deserve to win this season though. Swansea or Winchester probably in the running this year but, in future seasons things are really looking up for the Steins.

Going to be more competitive each year from here on in I think. This is probably the last year where we'll get rid of some list cloggers (Grima, Spangher, Mzungu, Max King) and then we'll only be trading/drafting to improve the Best XV and push our team up the ladder.

We had a bit of a tricky run with injuries this year as well with Tomlinson missing most of the year, Petracca doing his ACL, Grima retiring, Mzungu on the outer, Clark getting injured after a good start and Lachie Hunter only really turning it on after our season was over. So the results weren't there but, with a bit of luck next year we should be well clear of priority pick territory.