Grand Final Lodgement and Banter Threads

Started by Ringo, August 25, 2015, 07:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Winchester Werewolves - 1320/15 with C and sub

D: Michael Hibberd 59, Troy Chaplin 67, Brad Sheppard 73, Jackson Thurlow 42
M: Matt Priddis 77x2=154 (C), Patrick Cripps 94, Tom Bell 111, Dayne Zorko 99
R: Ivan Maric 101
F: Jarryd Roughead 108, Jimmy Bartel 68, Luke Dahlhaus 106 (VC), Taylor Walker 101
U: Tom Lynch 114, Tom Hickey 20
E: Sam Fisher (def), Jackson Merrett 28 (fwd), Sam Gibson 23 (mid)(sub), Shaun Hampson 0 (ruck)

vs

Liverpool Rams - 1329/15 with C and sub

D: B.Houli 74, G.Birchall 86, J.Gibson 76, S.Wright 53
M: D.Heppell 98, A.Treloar 133 (vc), H.Hartlett 136, L.Dunstan 32
R: T.Goldstein 105x2=210 (c)
F: B.Harvey 80, H.Bennell 66, L.Taylor 52, B.Brown 44
I: T.Hunt 80, J.Laverde 58

E: M.Thomas 83 (M - sub), T.Varcoe 84 (D), J.Lonie (F), B.Stratton 33/2=17 (R - OOP)

Nige

So Hickey got 19 pre-scaling means Gibson's 23 will be added for the Werewolves meaning they go to 1310.

And Dunstan's score prescaling is 32. Which means Tank comes on for him instead and means we finish on 1329.

Wow, what the flower. Did I just somehow win? I don't believe it. I completely wrote the boys off...

Nige

JBs-Hawks

Rusty00

Congrats Nige :)

Can't believe we put that score out in the Grand Final. Garbage!

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 30, 2015, 07:27:08 PM

Thanks mate, I'm still in complete and utter disbelief.

I know right, absolutely atrocious stuff haha.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on August 30, 2015, 07:37:36 PM

My team this week would of scored more than that haha...

Rusty00

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 30, 2015, 07:54:17 PM
Quote from: Nige on August 30, 2015, 07:37:36 PM

My team this week would of scored more than that haha...
I reckon every other team in the league would have beaten us both this week :-[

Nige

Dropped Sheridan and he tonned up. Whoops.  :P

Ringo

We have come to the end of the season with two extremely close finals for the premiership and the plate. Interestingly both scores in the Plate final would have won the Premiership.

Premiership
Liverpool Rams 20.13.133 defeated Winchester Werewolves 20.12.132
Changes:
Werewolves: Sam Gibson subscore replaces Tom Hickey score.
Rams: Matt Thomas subscore replaces Luke Dunstan score   
This game did not reach the great heights expected of a grand final.  It was a very defensive game with neither team wanting to lose which lead to numerous stoppages. Rams Captain and Ruck was not able to exert the dominance he has displayed in recent weeks and the Werewolves Ruck Ivan Maric held his own and may have just finished in front. Both teams were not helped by having players named as substitutes or subbed out of the game.  Hamish Hartlett played his best game of the year for the Rams and he helped lift the Rams over the line. Werewolves had injuries strike at the wrong end of the season and fielded one of their inexperienced lineups for the year. Werewolves Captain Matt Priddis had one of his quitest games of the season being well held by the Rams.
Best Players:
Rams: Hartlett, Treloar, Goldstein
Werewolves: Tom T Lynch, Bell, Roughead, Dahlhaus.

Congratulations to the Rams and their coach Nige.

Plate Final
Manchester Magic 21.10.136 defeated Oxford Owls 20.14.134
Changes:
Magic: Rory Sloane subscore replaces Steven Motlop score
Owls: Jonathan Griffin replaced Zachary Clarke,  Zac Tuohy replaced Sharrod Wellingham and Jeff Garlett subscore replaces Sam Lloyd score      
Owls were not helped by the late withdrawls but they put in a creditable performance and if they had kicked straighter may have won. The Magic once again used Rory Sloane as a super sub and this worked a treat and largely contributed to the win especially with captain Lance Franklin leaving the ground early. For the Owls Jack Gunston was a shining light but he needed a little more support up front.
Best Players:
Magic: Jeremy Cameron, Brodie Smith, Sloane, Vince, Baguley
Owls: Gunston, Scott Thompson, Robinson, Jack Steven

Congratulations to the Magic on their win.

Remember our MVP and awards night this Thursday Night,    

Nige

O0 O0 O0

I think we'll be the second coming of the Hedgehogs though. Not sure our fall from grace will be as harsh, but I don't think we'll be a top two team again.

Anyway, tomorrow is the Rams' B&F otherwise known as the monstrum medal, so look forward to that!

Torpedo10

That's right Ringo, don't thank me, thank the team.  :P

That said, thanks Ringo for being such a marvellous Admin this season. Don't think anyone could've done it better!

Condolences to the Owls and Werewolves, and congratulations to Nigey and his Rams! Definitely one to savour.  I look forward to being here this time next season, the difference being we will win the Premiership.  ;D

Now trade season! PM for any interest in players! All is on offer.

Ringo

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 30, 2015, 11:25:56 PM
That's right Ringo, don't thank me, thank the team.  :P

That said, thanks Ringo for being such a marvellous Admin this season. Don't think anyone could've done it better!

Condolences to the Owls and Werewolves, and congratulations to Nigey and his Rams! Definitely one to savour.  I look forward to being here this time next season, the difference being we will win the Premiership.  ;D

Now trade season! PM for any interest in players! All is on offer.
Just an oversight Torp - Shows you where my head is at the moment with so much going on in a number of areas of my llfe.