Saints 2015 Draft, Trade and Delisting Thread

Started by Pkbaldy, August 27, 2015, 07:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

SANDY!!!  8) 8) 8)

We really should get into Mitch Brown. What a beast he is in the VFL.

Bill Manspeaker

that was intense

TDL was awesome as well

reckon there'll be a few teams interested in Mitch Brown

Nige

I'd be genuinely surprised if Mitch Brown wasn't picked up, he's been really solid all year.

Pkbaldy

Carlton and Essendon will be looking at him. And if we could snag him as 3rd rounder, that would be fine with me.

Bill Manspeaker

Daniel Markworth has been delisted :(

we might rookie him if no one else picks him up. can't read the link cos I'm not a HS subscriber, so I'll just c/p from BF

QuoteMarkworth has been told he won’t be on the senior list next season but could be rookie-listed, depending on what happens in the trade period.

He is out of contract and looking for an opportunity elsewhere.

The 23-year-old battled serious hamstring and shoulder problems and suffered a knee reconstruction at the end of 2012.

Markworth tore his anterior cruciate ligament on an altitude camp in Colorado.

He has finished the season with Sandringham in the VFL, kicking seven goals from nine games this year, and will target a full preseason.

St Kilda football manager Jamie Cox said in March Markworth was “a talented footballer” after dislocating his shoulder at training in March.

“Daniel is a talented footballer with enormous character who has had a wretched run with injuries and deserves a bit of luck,” Cox said.

“Frustratingly each of his injuries have been isolated incidents and not related to each other.”

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on September 14, 2015, 02:26:27 PM
Daniel Markworth has been delisted :(

we might rookie him if no one else picks him up. can't read the link cos I'm not a HS subscriber, so I'll just c/p from BF

QuoteMarkworth has been told he won’t be on the senior list next season but could be rookie-listed, depending on what happens in the trade period.

He is out of contract and looking for an opportunity elsewhere.

The 23-year-old battled serious hamstring and shoulder problems and suffered a knee reconstruction at the end of 2012.

Markworth tore his anterior cruciate ligament on an altitude camp in Colorado.

He has finished the season with Sandringham in the VFL, kicking seven goals from nine games this year, and will target a full preseason.

St Kilda football manager Jamie Cox said in March Markworth was “a talented footballer” after dislocating his shoulder at training in March.

“Daniel is a talented footballer with enormous character who has had a wretched run with injuries and deserves a bit of luck,” Cox said.

“Frustratingly each of his injuries have been isolated incidents and not related to each other.”

This make me very sad... Always rated this kid. Could go close to being  one of the most talent players to never get an AFL game under his belt.

Pkbaldy

BnF Ladder. Slight surprise. I knew it would of been out of one of those 2. Great season from them both!

Bill Manspeaker

T Dog

Roberton's season the big surprise for me. He was sensational.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: T Dog on September 15, 2015, 08:19:21 AM
Roberton's season the big surprise for me. He was sensational.

yep absolutely mate. an ankle fusion really stuffed his 2014, but when fully fit he has shown what he can do

Pkbaldy

Players the Saints are rumored to be interested in
[/b]

Jake Carlilse: Probably the biggest chance of happening... And will fit our structure perfectly.. But at what cost? Essendon want Jack Billings. Which I laugh uncontrollably about. No way we'd trade a future star and leader for a key defender who has an attitude problem. They're the ones on the back foot, shouldn't be DEMANDING overs for him

Likely Trade to get the job done: 2nd Rounder + Player (Nathan Wright or Cameron Shenton come to mind)

Nathan Hrovat: A smaller chance to happen, but would work out well for us. Provides that outside pace that we need, and has the ability to find the goals. Just not getting as much opportunity at the dogs now they seemed to be well supported in young midfielders.

Likely Trade to get the job done: 3rd Rounder could do the trick.

Nathan Freeman: Smaller chance of this happening than Hrovat, with Freeman's manager just trying to get him more money. Would look good on our outside if he can get rid of his injury scares... Which doesn't go well with me.

Likely Trade to get the job done: 2nd Rounder, hasn't played a single AFL game in his first 2 years. Won't be worth that much.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 21, 2015, 02:15:21 PM
Players the Saints are rumored to be interested in
[/b]

Jake Carlilse: Probably the biggest chance of happening... And will fit our structure perfectly.. But at what cost? Essendon want Jack Billings. Which I laugh uncontrollably about. No way we'd trade a future star and leader for a key defender who has an attitude problem. They're the ones on the back foot, shouldn't be DEMANDING overs for him

Likely Trade to get the job done: 2nd Rounder + Player (Nathan Wright or Cameron Shenton come to mind)

Nathan Hrovat: A smaller chance to happen, but would work out well for us. Provides that outside pace that we need, and has the ability to find the goals. Just not getting as much opportunity at the dogs now they seemed to be well supported in young midfielders.

Likely Trade to get the job done: 3rd Rounder could do the trick.

Nathan Freeman: Smaller chance of this happening than Hrovat, with Freeman's manager just trying to get him more money. Would look good on our outside if he can get rid of his injury scares... Which doesn't go well with me.

Likely Trade to get the job done: 2nd Rounder, hasn't played a single AFL game in his first 2 years. Won't be worth that much.
The Paddy Ryder trade still frustrates me to this day  >:(

I might add they requested Pick 6 from the Demons in exchange for Spud Melksham. I would go as far as saying that they should give the Dees pick 4 as consideration for taking the spud off their hands

Tbf, I think Bombers fan are just as frustrated as the other 17 clubs. A lot of trades have fallen through due to the stubborn nature of the Bombers recruiting department (Caddy being the biggest in recent times - If only the comp. had seen Hooker's potential back then (at the time he was considered a spud)

Ricochet

Spencer White, Tom Simpkin, Arryn Siposs and Daniel Markworth have been delisted

Bill Manspeaker

Spence :( knew it was coming but it just sucks. same with Marky

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on September 22, 2015, 05:06:18 PM
Spencer White, Tom Simpkin, Arryn Siposs and Daniel Markworth have been delisted

Goddard 2.0 I remember that