Main Menu

Best 22 For 2016

Started by Pkbaldy, August 17, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 12, 2016, 03:00:45 PM
Well technically we lost Pick 5 (Darcy Parish/Aaron Francis) and Pick 24 for Jake Carlisle and Jade Gresham.

I'm fine with this. 1 year off for Carlisle isn't the worst thing in the world, he can get his head around it all, St Kilda have sent him to work in construction for a while, so he can learn, it'll be good for him. And even though I wasn't a fan of getting a small midfielder in Gresham, you can't complain about his Championship stats. So i'm totally fine with this trade. Good luck the Darcy, hope he has a successful career. But I think we'll be fine with Jake and Jade.
Parish is also a small mid as well - so it was basically a like for like plus Carlisle (only losing pick 25 in a shallow draft)

I don't think anyone won the trade, but no one even remotely lost it (turned out to be pretty even). I don't see why Kingy was criticising it (then again, I swear those Fox sports analysts are reading from a teleprompter - I would be willing to even put money down that there was a teleprompter behind the cameras - esp. when Eddie McGuire talks)

Bill Manspeaker

Acres getting a lot of the ball in the intra club

Billings kicked a couple already

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on February 12, 2016, 06:30:02 PM

Acres $51 on Sportsbet for Rising Star... Could be worth the coin if he can get gigs in the middle.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 12, 2016, 09:08:08 PM

Acres $51 on Sportsbet for Rising Star... Could be worth the coin if he can get gigs in the middle.

definitely worth a $50 bet right now. and if at the end of the year he doesn't win, who cares. what's 50 bucks? but if he does, $2550 is taaaasty

Ziplock

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on February 13, 2016, 02:24:29 AM

definitely worth a $50 bet right now. and if at the end of the year he doesn't win, who cares. what's 50 bucks? but if he does, $2550 is taaaasty

spoken like a true punter :P

BoredSaint

Always thought Acres had ACRES of potential :P :P :P :P

Looks like a replica of Pendlebury. Excited to see if he breaks out this year ;D

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ziplock on February 13, 2016, 02:46:49 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on February 13, 2016, 02:24:29 AM

spoken like a true punter :P

funnily enough I hardly ever bet :P

and by hardly ever I mean I could count the amount of times I've had a bet on one hand. and although I know I should put a bet on here, I won't :P

elephants

Nah Acres to sit in the ressies for the season then he'll want a trade home.

Take Mitch Brown St. Kilda :P

Football Factory

Bill Manspeaker

we would have had Mitch Brown a couple years ago if not for Cale Hooker not wanting to leave Essendon

and thank flower for that, because we were gonna give up 2 picks in the 20's. those 2 picks ending up being Nathan Wright and Spencer White though, so fair to say that didn't really work out for us anyway. still, missing out on Brown wasn't a bad thing, may have changed the way we drafted/traded in the next few years and I'm stoked with how we went so I wouldn't change it. and having a look at it - not much around those picks anyway. maybe Clurey and Hunter would've been nice but ah well. not writing off Wrighty just yet anyway, just needs to work on his kicking. like really work on it :P

oh and no you're not getting Acres :P

Pkbaldy

Eric McKenzie for Blake Acres. Done ;)

elephants

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on February 16, 2016, 02:28:44 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 16, 2016, 02:20:25 PM
Eric McKenzie for Blake Acres. Done ;)

Haha not quite ;)

Then flower it, we'll keep him :P

You don't need him. Tom Lamb is going to be a beast.