Main Menu

Best 22?

Started by BoredSaint, July 06, 2015, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredSaint

Was yesterdays team our best 22?

Still have Billings out but not sure where he might fit in??

And then we still have McCartin, Goddard, Templeton, Shenton, Acres playing in the 2s

EXCITING TIMES AHEAD :D

Pkbaldy

FB: Sean Dempster, Sam Fisher, Jarryn Geary
HB: Jack Newnes, Sam Gilbert, Jimmy Webster
C: Leigh Montagna, Mav Weller, Dylan Roberton
HF: Jack Billings, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
FF: Tim Membrey, Josh Bruce, Jack Lonie
F: Billy Longer, David Armitage, Jack Steven
B: Luke Dunstan, Farren Ray,  Seb Ross, Shane Savage
Emg: Jack Sinclair, Luke Delaney, Hugh Goddard, Daniel McKenzie

That would be my 22. Wouldn't hesitate to drop Farren Ray for Sinclair, but looks good to me ;)

This is my 22 in a few years. (Bright future)

FB: Jarryn Geary, Luke Delaney, Hugh Goddard
HB: Dylan Roberton, Tom Lee, Jimmy Webster,
C: Daniel McKenzie, Jack Newnes, Luke Dunstan
HF: Jack Billings, Patrick McCartin, Jack Sinclair
FF: Tim Membrey, Josh Bruce, Jack Lonie
F: Billy Longer, David Armitage, Jack Steven
B: Seb Ross, Shane Savage, Mav Weller, Eli Templeton

Few notes:
- Jason Holmes could become anything in a few years, but i'm leaving him out because he is a project player.
- Spencer White is a kid I don't believe will make it, either injured or playing average in the Sandringham 2s... Not good.
- Nathan Wright could easily sneak in but at this current point I don't see him cracking the 22.

BoredSaint

Yeah White is done, With Membrey coming in and Bruce becoming a fwd, theres no space for him anywhere. McCartin would be next in line if either of Roo, Bruce, Membrey gets injured, then they'll probably blood Goddard or throw Tom Lee back in to the side before White.

Totally forgot about Wright haha. He was good when he was in the team but atm we have too many running half back flankers but hes a pretty decent backup

elephants

Roberton's last 5 or so games have been sick! Looks a player now.

Thought Seb Ross looked pretty good early against the Dons too.

Pkbaldy

I could really see the Saints trading Tom Hickey (Possibly Dogs?) at the end of this year. Longer is doing a fine job as the #1 and Jason Holmes I could see becoming a much better player than Hickey, and also will have Tom Lee and Josh Bruce who can ruck when Longer needs a rest.

BoredSaint

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 06, 2015, 06:52:37 PM
I could really see the Saints trading Tom Hickey (Possibly Dogs?) at the end of this year. Longer is doing a fine job as the #1 and Jason Holmes I could see becoming a much better player than Hickey, and also will have Tom Lee and Josh Bruce who can ruck when Longer needs a rest.
Yeah hes got a bit of currency. However if you look at the top teams, most of them have 2 Ruckman who can go forward

Bill Manspeaker

I don't think we'll trade Hickey. for a while there we were only relying on one ruck in McEvoy, and then Hickey after Macca got traded

think we need that backup and Hickey is great. also think with the sub rule getting flowered off next year it helps having a second ruck

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on July 07, 2015, 09:15:39 AM
I don't think we'll trade Hickey. for a while there we were only relying on one ruck in McEvoy, and then Hickey after Macca got traded

think we need that backup and Hickey is great. also think with the sub rule getting flowered off next year it helps having a second ruck

But what if the coaches have high faith that Holmes will become the 2nd ruck?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 07, 2015, 09:25:39 AM

yeah if the coaches have high faith then he might be. I have high faith he'll be an excellent tap ruckman, just not sure around the ground

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on July 07, 2015, 09:30:53 AM

yeah if the coaches have high faith then he might be. I have high faith he'll be an excellent tap ruckman, just not sure around the ground

His marking and ability to find the goals has shocked me this year. Has kicked a few sneaky goals, loving his work in the AFL. And I was a guy who was super skeptical of him at first.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 07, 2015, 09:34:53 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on July 07, 2015, 09:30:53 AM

His marking and ability to find the goals has shocked me this year. Has kicked a few sneaky goals, loving his work in the AFL. And I was a guy who was super skeptical of him at first.

I haven't really seen bugger all of him, but do remember that goal he kicked against Essendon (well, kind of Essendon) in the preseason. that was a thing of beauty

but yeah if he keeps improving and the coaches can see him slotting into our 22 or at least decent back up, then we might look to see what we can get for Hickey

Bill Manspeaker

FB: Dempster, Delaney, Geary
HB: Savage, Fisher, Webster
C: Newnes, Steven, Roberton
HF: Billings, Riewoldt, Sinclair
FF: Lonie, Bruce, Membrey

R: Longer, Armitage, Weller

I: Montagna, Dunstan, Schneider, Gilbert

and in a few years, something like

FB: Webster, Delaney, Roberton
HB: Savage, Goddard, McKenzie
C: Newnes, Steven, Acres
HF: Billings, Bruce, Sinclair
FF: Lonie, McCartin, Membrey

R: Longer, Armitage, Dunstan

I: Ross, Weller, Weller (;)), Parish (we'll find a way!) (or whoever we draft this year)

Templeton?
think he'll be somewhere around the mark

Lee?
think he'll be somewhere around the mark

Markworth? :(
really really hope he is over his injuries and can get on the park and start smashing it soon

Wright?
hard barbie and love his pace, disposal needs work

White?
WORK HARDER FOR flowerS SAKE. I don't know if this kid has what it takes to make it. prove me wrong Spence because we want you to succeed!

Minchington?
lovely disposal and smashes the VFL but I'm not sure he has what it takes at AFL level as yet

Geary?
brought to my attention that I missed Geary. he'll be somewhere around the mark too

and probably more but that'll do for now

think our side in a few years is gonna look sexy as flower 8)

BoredSaint

Reckon Holmes will get elevated at the end of this season since we have a few players on the list who will probably be delisted (Markworth, White etc) so there are a few spots

Pkbaldy

You've been on bigfooty too much Kyle. With this Lachie Weller to Saints stuff haha.

So you don't think that Gears will be top 22 in a few years??  :o

BoredSaint

Also apparently this years draft is the weakest draft for a while so its good that we've stocked up on talent in the previous drafts meaning that we prbably don't need to rely on loading up this year