2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

I mentioned Giro last week and nearly grabbed him, but now he's definitely an option

If Highmore doesn't return, my D6 is looking dicey, so I might even grab both Freo rookies this week in Giro and Chapman

RaisyDaisy

The only way I can get Chapman however is by trading Powell

Earlier than planned, but might be forced to do it - will wait and see on that one

One of Sharp or Fullarton to Giro seems very likely

Wanderer

Glad I offloaded Dow. The Blues dominated and he still struggled.

Mat0369

Quote from: Wanderer on April 04, 2021, 08:38:14 PM
Glad I offloaded Dow. The Blues dominated and he still struggled.

Played a lot of half forward. It resulted in him getting caught in no mans land a lot. He has no idea how to hunt the ball when it's not a clearance situation.

The 3 frees against didn't help his score today. 1 was a holding the vall and the other two were high tackles the Freo players slid. He should have gotten a holding the other way which wasn't paid. He was also stiffed on a goal assisst where McKay was tackled and got a whopping 3 points for the mark and kick. He still needs to go this week regardless

Gavdroid

Nik Cox or Chapman might need to come in for defence if Highmore/Sharp not named again. Kozi probably just hanging on as well

Bully

Not sure who I will punt, maybe the loophole but I'd prefer to keep as these rookies are a nightmare to predict. Rowe perhaps? That 19 has trashed his cash generation.

RaisyDaisy

I forgot that Giro was the sub in Round 1 and actually scored 27 so goes up this week

SC Gold had him projected to score 49 and increase to 153k. He scored much more than 49, so will likely be 170k+

Not sure he's a great pick at that price now  :-\

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 04, 2021, 10:34:25 PM
I forgot that Giro was the sub in Round 1 and actually scored 27 so goes up this week

SC Gold had him projected to score 49 and increase to 153k. He scored much more than 49, so will likely be 170k+

Not sure he's a great pick at that price now  :-\

That's a bit too much unfortunately. Might just save the trade for Waterman.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah, I might just look at Kosi to Chapman this week

Might even go a week early on Waterman just to ensure I have both trades free the following week

Mat0369

The 27 comes out of his rotation on his next price rise. So he could still make some decent coin with the run of games he has coming up. As long as you're able to bank some cash bringing Giro in it could be worthwhile. Probably no different to bringing in Dev Robertson who I'm also looking at for the week after.

Bully

I like Giro but I can't see a way to get him in unless I cull a rookie early, maybe Rowe goes & that may even fix the hole at F6 by swinging Campbell forward. That could be a plan.

IntegralX

Dear god Dow was just woeful today. Is Chapman from Freo close to a must? Thinking I go Dow to Chapman via Sharp. Bergman and Highmore should both come straight back in next week for teams that just copped floggings, Bruhn probably does too based on the sheer volume of injuries going around.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 04, 2021, 10:46:19 PM

Might even go a week early on Waterman just to ensure I have both trades free the following week
Yeah I could do the same kosi to Chapman. I have both Highmore and sharp but don't have enough cash.

Ringo

Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 05, 2021, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 04, 2021, 10:46:19 PM

Yeah I could do the same kosi to Chapman. I have both Highmore and sharp but don't have enough cash.
I do not have cash to do Kosi to Chapman but thinking of Dow to him via DPPs - Brockman/Scott and Sharp.