2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: frenzy on March 28, 2021, 10:17:29 PM
Don't rate Mcdonald?

Looks like he will be a future gun of the comp, but being KPP and quite pricey I don't see him as a must by any means

Mat0369

I don't think Berry is a must. He had a whopping 7 disposals this week and 8 the week prior. He doesn't appear to be a ball winner and I can't imagine he averages 8.5 tackles a game on the year which has been his saving grace.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 29, 2021, 01:02:04 AM
I don't think Berry is a must. He had a whopping 7 disposals this week and 8 the week prior. He doesn't appear to be a ball winner and I can't imagine he averages 8.5 tackles a game on the year which has been his saving grace.

The tackling is a great baseline however, once he hits 15 disposals he'll probably ton up.

frenzy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 28, 2021, 10:37:26 PM
Don't rate Mcdonald?

Looks like he will be a future gun of the comp, but being KPP and quite pricey I don't see him as a must by any means

yep cool, I'll take him thou. Gotta be better than Bergman Fullerton Rowe Jones Scott and Brockman. Pick one for me.  :-\

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 01:27:10 AM

The tackling is a great baseline however, once he hits 15 disposals he'll probably ton up.

Or he has 7 touches and a couple tackles and scores a bunch of 30's. I don't think those tackle numbers are sustainable in a season where I feel the overall number of tackles have dropped.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 29, 2021, 01:40:40 AM
Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 01:27:10 AM

Or he has 7 touches and a couple tackles and scores a bunch of 30's. I don't think those tackle numbers are sustainable in a season where I feel the overall number of tackles have dropped.

Maybe but he's a low ball risk if you sit him on the bench, should hit 200k in a fortnight with a couple of 60s.

Hazza09

I’m really confused in how to approach this rookie situation.
I have Kosi, Sharp (D8), Bruhn, A Fyfe (M11), Fullarton & Scott.
2 of them will have to go.

I have to bring in Jordon and Warner as replacements.

I have played around with the Fyfe option but I could be left without a loophole if I do that, unless one of those boys above get dropped.

My problem is deciding which of the 6 need to go.

I saw Bruhn tonight against Freo and he looked way off it. At 159k and avg 40 is a real concern, he could even get dropped this week.

Bully

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 29, 2021, 03:24:46 AM

I have played around with the Fyfe option but I could be left without a loophole if I do that, unless one of those boys above get dropped.

I saw Bruhn tonight against Freo and he looked way off it. At 159k and avg 40 is a real concern, he could even get dropped this week.

I'm in a similar boat, A.Fyfe stays if Sharp gets dropped, easy fix and you're not behind the eight ball in any way given so few have a viable D8. Can also loop the rookies.

Fullarton could be really handy to slip into r3 and you can basically do a straight swap with Flynn when he maxes out, 1 trade for any player on the park.

Bruhn probably goes, pocket some coin in the process.

Scott has DPP, perfect for looping the rookie forwards.

Hazza09

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 11:39:23 AM

I'm in a similar boat, A.Fyfe stays if Sharp gets dropped, easy fix and you're not behind the eight ball in any way given so few have a viable D8. Can also loop the rookies.

Fullarton could be really handy to slip into r3 and you can basically do a straight swap with Flynn when he maxes out, 1 trade for any player on the park.

You make some great points with Fullarton.
Have to wait for teams but i think I will be doing something very similar to yourself.

Yes Bruhn looked off the pace yesterday and knowing what Leon Cameron is like I can see him getting dropped soon, if not this week.

Fid

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 28, 2021, 10:37:26 PM
Don't rate Mcdonald?

I feel that you can only have ONE of either Daniher or McDonald

Ringo

Quote from: Bully on March 29, 2021, 11:39:23 AM

As you know Lions supporter - I expect Sharp to be dropped with both Gardner and Adams sent down to supplement team.  However I am keeping Sharp at D8 for loophole although not good this week, and also DPP which can ais flexibility,
Fullarton will probably continue to play especially with Big O under injury cloud.

Mat0369

I forgot the Brisbane players can't fly out. Adams and Gardiner aren't exactly like for like options unless Brisbane want to go even taller. I'm assuming one will come in if McInerney can't go

Mat0369

Darcy Gardiner, Rhys Mathieson, Marcus Adams and Connor Ballenden have all been flown down. Mathieson for Sharp seems more likely

Hazza09

If Sharp is dropped then he will have to be a DPP ( D8 ).
Hopefully there are no issues in defence in the coming weeks.

If that’s the case with Sharp then Fyfe goes to Jordon and Scott / Fullarton to Warner.

Ringo

Dev Robertson was already in Melbourne with the team so he may be the inclusion for Sharp. Not sure what the situation with Ely is though as not sure whether he went down or not. Berry is also apparently fit to come in as well.