2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Wanderer on March 19, 2021, 07:54:40 PM
We should know Saints squad before Sharp plays.

I still have Highmore but I have put the E on Sharp instead just in case he is the sub. I made the move for Briggs.

Also if Jones played SANFL that means Bergman will debut.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 01:42:43 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 19, 2021, 07:54:40 PM
We should know Saints squad before Sharp plays.

I still have Highmore but I have put the E on Sharp instead just in case he is the sub. I made the move for Briggs.

Also if Jones played SANFL that means Bergman will debut.

Highmore definite, has been announced publicly.

Mat0369

So was Downie but he is still an emergency

Hazza09

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 02:15:56 AM

Don’t know if it’s wise to start with Jones and Downie if they are both emergencies.
But don’t know much about Jordon and Berry either.

Have no idea what to do.

Mat0369

I grabbed Sharp but I also have Highmore and Kosi for D6/D7. In the midfield I have gone with Scott, Brockman and Gulden as my three bench players. I have Campbell at M7 and Powell at M8. If you have Dow in the midfield and Campbell in the forward line you could always move him to your mids and grab a Harrison Jones/Fullarton for your forward line.

Bully

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 20, 2021, 02:40:03 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 02:15:56 AM

Don’t know if it’s wise to start with Jones and Downie if they are both emergencies.
But don’t know much about Jordon and Berry either.

Have no idea what to do.

All are risky, Melbourne missing Viney & Melksham, the Crows missing Crouch. This one is a toss of the coin, probably go the older player & that is Jordon but I'm far from confident.

Hazza09

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 02:45:48 AM
I grabbed Sharp but I also have Highmore and Kosi for D6/D7. In the midfield I have gone with Scott, Brockman and Gulden as my three bench players. I have Campbell at M7 and Powell at M8. If you have Dow in the midfield and Campbell in the forward line you could always move him to your mids and grab a Harrison Jones/Fullarton for your forward line.

That’s a good set up!

So I currently have Jones, Kosi & Highmore in defence, but I’ll bring in Sharp for Jones if he isn’t named.
I have Campbell M5, Gulden M6, Bruhn M7 and Powell M8 with Downie, Brockman & A Fyfe on the bench.
Bergman F5 and Fullarton F6 with Rowe and A Scott on the bench.

Don’t have Dow.

j959

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 20, 2021, 02:53:10 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 02:45:48 AM

That’s a good set up!

So I currently have Jones, Kosi & Highmore in defence, but I’ll bring in Sharp for Jones if he isn’t named.
I have Campbell M5, Gulden M6, Bruhn M7 and Powell M8 with Downie, Brockman & A Fyfe on the bench.

Don’t have Dow.
That's the issue ... everyone waiting on PTA team announcement for Jones/Bergman ...  :-X

I'm a bit worried even if they're named, it's a strong side so can they get to 5+ to make them worth the cash cow grab??  :-\

Mat0369

Quote from: Hazza09 on March 20, 2021, 02:53:10 AM
That’s a good set up!

Don’t have Dow.

Are you using Fyfe for loophole purposes? You can also swing him around with Sharp using the DPP.

I forgot about Bruhn because I searched by named rookies and that teams for that game haven't been released yet.

My gut tells me Bergman will play this week with Harlett out but could be out just as quick. With Scott locked you unfortunately can't swing him yet. Have you got Danger in your forward line currently? The other option is field Danger as a mid this week, bring in someone like Chad Warner if you can afford him and play him at F4 with Bergman at F5, Fullarton at F6 and bench Gulden.

Mat0369

Quote from: j959 on March 20, 2021, 03:00:29 AM
That's the issue ... everyone waiting on PTA team announcement for Jones/Bergman ...  :-X

I'm a bit worried even if they're named, it's a strong side so can they get to 5+ to make them worth the cash cow grab??  :-\

I'm pretty sure Port have said they will have one debutant and I don't think they were referring to Aliir and Fantasia. If Jones played even a little bit of SANFL my gut says he will be the emergency and they were just getting some run into his legs this week just in case. That leaves the spot for Bergman. However you have the HH problem from next week

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 03:04:00 AM
Quote from: j959 on March 20, 2021, 03:00:29 AM

I'm pretty sure Port have said they will have one debutant and I don't think they were referring to Aliir and Fantasia. If Jones played even a little bit of SANFL my gut says he will be the emergency and they were just getting some run into his legs this week just in case. That leaves the spot for Bergman. However you have the HH problem from next week

I'm torn on this one, tempted just to pick Lazzaro who should get quite a few games in a rebuilding North side.

Mat0369

North do have a pretty extensive injury list. They have Cunnington, Dumont and Garner all out of that midfield rotation with injury. Polec and Anderson are all racing the clock so there is no guarantee that Lazzaro will get an extended run of games. Tyson and Powell are probably ahead of him in the pecking order so once those guys start creeping back in he may get dropped pretty quickly

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 20, 2021, 04:04:16 AM
North do have a pretty extensive injury list. They have Cunnington, Dumont and Garner all out of that midfield rotation with injury. Polec and Anderson are all racing the clock so there is no guarantee that Lazzaro will get an extended run of games. Tyson and Powell are probably ahead of him in the pecking order so once those guys start creeping back in he may get dropped pretty quickly

So Harrison Jones has the best JS in your opinion?

Mat0369

Yup. But I'd still take Bergman and his higher scoring potential over Jones

RaisyDaisy

I'm settled on my rookie selections now

Deciding which ones to field though is a whole other thing  ;D