2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfitty

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 19, 2021, 06:03:22 PM
Are you guys going McNeil? I currently have Jordan, Downie and Berry on bench but could move Scott to the forward line incase one of Bergman or Warner ain't named.

I'm trying not too - feel he's Cavarra 2.0.

Scott I feel much more comfortable with out of the two.

Mat0369

For those that are worried about Dow, keep an eye on Tyson. Cunnington is probably a fortnight away minum, Garner injured his calf today and Dumont is still 2-4 weeks with his calf. Tyson may get a decent run if we're looking at more expensive options

Samsturmfels

Quote from: jfitty on March 19, 2021, 06:06:27 PM
Are you guys going McNeil? I currently have Jordan, Downie and Berry on bench but could move Scott to the forward line incase one of Bergman or Warner ain't named.

I'm trying not too - feel he's Cavarra 2.0.

Scott I feel much more comfortable with out of the two.
Yeah I think I'll pick him up after 2 weeks if good enough pick. Would be good if we knew if Warner or Bergman were playing.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 19, 2021, 06:12:37 PM
For those that are worried about Dow, keep an eye on Tyson. Cunnington is probably a fortnight away minum, Garner injured his calf today and Dumont is still 2-4 weeks with his calf. Tyson may get a decent run if we're looking at more expensive options

Tyson looking like a decent sideways, great contingency, just have to switch Dow to the middle.

tkringle

Not at this stage. Should know if Warner plays shortly.

Mat0369

Warner, Gulden and Campbell named for the Swans

Downie emergency for the Hawks. Brockman and Kosi in the 22.

Sharp named for the Lions

Jones, Cox and Cahill named for the Bombers.

jfitty

An interesting predicament with Downie - announced he was debuting, but is clearly going to be the medical sub,

Maybe we're better off picking McNeil, as this could happen to any rookie still (Lazarro, etc)

Colliwobblers

I hate not having sunday teams.

I've got

DEF: Kozi / H Sharp / Highmore

MID: Powell / Bruhn / Gulden / Brockman / Berry / Scott

RUCK: Flynn

FWD: Campbell / Warner / Henry / Rowe

All named I believe to this point except highmore, not sure I have enough $ for the Port lad if highmore isnt named and the port lad is....

Wanderer

Out goes Downie and in comes Sharp (or Berry).

tkringle

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 19, 2021, 07:46:42 PM

I've got

DEF: Kozi / H Jones / Highmore

All named I believe to this point except highmore, not sure I have enough $ for the Port lad if highmore isnt named and the port lad is....

Highmore named to debut. No idea if he will be the sub though ala Downie..

https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1372702548835016705?s=21

Mat0369

Yup. Which is why I brought Sharp into my backline

Colliwobblers

Thanks mate, yeah, that's a bit rich - named to debut - then the sub and that is "assumed" he will debut.

This injury thing may get tightened up next round as its a farce.

It's a fatigue sub as it stands.

Not worth getting upset about, but about as stupid as the AFL have ever made themselves look, and  they've had some real good cracks at it, so that's saying something.  :D

Wanderer

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 19, 2021, 07:52:02 PM
Yup. Which is why I brought Sharp into my backline
We should know Saints squad before Sharp plays.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 19, 2021, 07:46:42 PM

I've got

DEF: Kozi / H Sharp / Highmore

Edit - H sharp in the backline there sorry.

Hazza09

Ok so I’m trying to get my head around this.

Currently have L Jones, Kosi and Highmore in my defence.

Downie, Scott and  A Fyfe in my midfield.

Would it be wise to trade Jones to Sharp and wait for teams to be announced tomorrow at 6.25pm.
Thing is I need to decide if I bring in Jordon and don’t want to be left with Downie as a M10 donut, unless he is a sub.

Could also replace Sharp with Downie In my midfield in hope Jones is named or Briggs.