2021 Rookies

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2021, 03:22:21 AM
He played 20 and 19 games in year one and two before playing 3 last year. He had a knee injury last season which is why he only played 3 games. He probably isn't getting dropped

He wasn't dropped because he's a top 5 draft pick, most clubs tend to give high picks time to sort themselves out. Think Dow is so far down the pecking order, well behind Cripps. Walsh, Williams, Setterfield & Petrevski-Seton. Throw in some cameos from Martin & Murphy & he's clearly expendable. He's a better pick in AFL Dreamteam, tends to find it but butcher it.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: IntegralX on March 15, 2021, 11:24:17 PM
Might be safe to dump Treacy now. Or keep him for a loophole.
who is everyone getting in for Treacy? Im thinking one of Fullarton or Waterman (if named).

Fid

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 16, 2021, 05:11:21 PM
who is everyone getting in for Treacy? Im thinking one of Fullarton or Waterman (if named).

same here, it depends on who is named

Bully

I think I'll be taking Fullarton with a view to a Treacy downgrade in round 5 or thereabouts.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Fid on March 16, 2021, 05:30:02 PM

The issue i have is that i only have 242.5k to spend on the two remaining rookies (which can be either both forwards or one of each forward/mid. I really need one of Waterman or trew to be named  R1. Otherwise i could go Flynn to Hunter. But that could cost me alot of cash gen.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 16, 2021, 05:40:14 PM

The issue i have is that i only have 242.5k to spend on the two remaining rookies (which can be either both forwards or one of each forward/mid. I really need one of Waterman or trew to be named  R1. Otherwise i could go Flynn to Hunter. But that could cost me alot of cash gen.

I've gone Short to Docherty which seems the path of least resistance, Doch should have averaged 95 without the injury game so comes with a decent discount.

Fid

Quote from: Bully on March 16, 2021, 05:50:54 PM

I've gone Short to Docherty which seems the path of least resistance, Doch should have averaged 95 without the injury game so comes with a decent discount.

I had Docherty for a while, but I was worried the effect both Saad and Williams (when resting) will have on his score

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Fid on March 16, 2021, 05:57:25 PM

I had Docherty for a while, but I was worried the effect both Saad and Williams (when resting) will have on his score
yeah im pretty set on my premos. I could go a Rowell to Taranto, Danger to Walsh/Cripps/Daniel or even a Neale to Steele/Merrett. But i dont think it would be worth it, although if not enough cheap rookies get named i may be stuffed.

Bully

Quote from: Fid on March 16, 2021, 05:57:25 PM

Don't see a huge issue, Doch scored well with Simpson in the side. Williams likely spends more time in the middle, Saad effectively replaces Simpson.

Same deal with Short, Houli comes back and they have to share it around. Reckon both Short & Docherty will be in the 95-105 region.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on March 16, 2021, 12:13:14 PM
He wasn't dropped because he's a top 5 draft pick, most clubs tend to give high picks time to sort themselves out. Think Dow is so far down the pecking order, well behind Cripps. Walsh, Williams, Setterfield & Petrevski-Seton. Throw in some cameos from Martin & Murphy & he's clearly expendable. He's a better pick in AFL Dreamteam, tends to find it but butcher it.

Petrevski-Seton is a half back flanker now and won't play in the midfield. He has no impact on Dow. Murphy they want to play at half forward now and they want more pace in the midfield with Cripps so Setters and Curnow are your two wings. Our CB line-up will be a heavy rotation of Walsh, Cripps, Williams, Dow and Jack Martin spelling when needed.

While Dow can butcher the ball he hasn't been  high possession guy. Most of his touches have been contested and in clearance situations. If he can use the ball effectively around the stoppages in scoring chains he could have a nice spike.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 16, 2021, 08:43:03 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 16, 2021, 12:13:14 PM

Petrevski-Seton is a half back flanker now and won't play in the midfield. He has no impact on Dow. Murphy they want to play at half forward now and they want more pace in the midfield with Cripps so Setters and Curnow are your two wings. Our CB line-up will be a heavy rotation of Walsh, Cripps, Williams, Dow and Jack Martin spelling when needed.

While Dow can butcher the ball he hasn't been  high possession guy. Most of his touches have been contested and in clearance situations. If he can use the ball effectively around the stoppages in scoring chains he could have a nice spike.

If he cuts the clangers then there's some hope but there's plenty of risk, this is one I'm happy to observe and do a correction trade if needed.

Samsturmfels

Any chance Chapman gets a game rd 1? with Lobb, Treacy, Frederick all injured rd 1 (and possibly Darcy missing). Cox could be moved to the fwd line.

IntegralX

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 16, 2021, 10:32:37 PM
Any chance Chapman gets a game rd 1? with Lobb, Treacy, Frederick all injured rd 1 (and possibly Darcy missing). Cox could be moved to the fwd line.

Maybe but even if he did he'd get a couple games at best. Cox is too valuable to Freo back there to move from defence for a long period of time.

Mat0369

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 16, 2021, 10:32:37 PM

Darcy, Frederick, Treacy are all around the 1-2 week mark. Add in Logue as well. It probably sees him only come in for that short period if he does play

Mat0369

AFL has approved the sub rule. This will be fun picking rookies