Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Marcz on December 30, 2012, 11:18:41 PM
Cleaned Up On The Junior dos Santos Vs Cain Velasquez Fight, picked round, method of win and result... got over 20/1 8)

Sweet, always handy around Xmas time.  :)

Cookie311993

Ultimate fighter : The smashes season 2 airing in September

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Cookie311993 on January 01, 2013, 11:46:04 PM
Ultimate fighter : The smashes season 2 airing in September
source? i cant find anything on it... hopefully their doing middleweight or light heavyweight, fingers crossed

Cookie311993

Fx preview for what's on in 2013. They didn't go into it much. Just showed Rob Whittaker so I thought they were talking bout this year but then showed season 2. Nothing has been announced yet. I couldn't find anything about season 17 jones vs sonnen

RiOtChEsS

cool, i hope CF's bro gets on, TUF guys always get a great chance to shine, more than one too...

j959

Quote from: Marcz on January 04, 2013, 02:24:39 AM
cool, i hope CF's bro gets on, TUF guys always get a great chance to shine, more than one too...
yeah, CF your lil bro heard anything about this??
wonder if they'll do middleweights??

UFC 155 - not bad. Marcz, cleaned up! I thought Cain would win but I could understand why Junior was favourite.
Cain really was 'rusty' in their first fight, he fixed up all the mistakes ... can't wait for Velasquez v Dos Santos 3 when that happens - not right now, but they're both in their primes so highly likely to face off again!  ;D

be interesting to see whether Junior fixes up his mistakes from this last one ...

j959

ooh, this could be a corker!??!  ;)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Gilbert-Melendez-to-Challenge-Benson-Henderson-for-Lightweight-Title-at-UFC-on-Fox-7-49083

not sure when, can't be bothered looking it up yet ...

CF, your brother heard anything about next TUF the Smashes yet??

j959

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on January 16, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
ooh, this could be a corker!??!  ;)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Gilbert-Melendez-to-Challenge-Benson-Henderson-for-Lightweight-Title-at-UFC-on-Fox-7-49083
Quote from: j959 on January 16, 2013, 07:15:11 PM
ok, so it didn't really need that much research ...  ;)

April 2013

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Frank-Mir-Daniel-Cormier-Tapped-for-UFC-on-Fox-7-Heavyweight-CoHeadliner-in-April-49087

Both should be great matches! Cormier calling out Mir after their match had to be scrapped is a decent tune up match for him in the UFC. Although said he wouldn't fight Cain so he may move down to LHW for Jones if he can cut it down safely.

Never seen Melendez in action, but rated so highly and a straight title shot straight in from Strikeforce says quite alot!

Another MASSIVE fight named is: Mousasi Vs Gustafsson :o. Could easily make Gus lose his top spot at LHW and push Mousasi right up there straight away. Tough match for Gus as Mousasi is even if most fans don't know about him :-X. Most Casual fans won't know about the strikeforce guys (Rockhold and Jacare another two who may get pretty good matchups in MW) so will be interesting what the UFC does with them.

http://www.cagepotato.com/alexander-gustafsson-to-welcome-gegard-mousasi-to-ufc-in-april/

Justin Bieber

Past weekend was Bisping Vs Belfort which I was able to watch :D.

Sadly not too much to take out of the event. Belfort Blitzed Bisping in the 2nd after a sweet head kick :o. Now means Anderson can take a longer lay off with no challenger for him at the moment. Got to say Dolloway put on a solid performance against Sarafian, a welcome change from his usual matches (Won fight of the night for it). Pepey Vs Viera was also a good match! As a FX card, not too many big names, but Lentz and Nurmagomedov are the guys to keep an eye on down the track. Barboza came back strong after his first loss in UFC.

Fox Card coming up this week with Dodson Vs Johnson! Looks to be an AWESOME card :D.
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-on-Fox-6-Johnson-vs-Dodson-26199

Top 3 matches have big names (As I like flyweights :P ) and should be great. Koch Vs Lamas would be a matchup highup in the potential matchups for Aldo with Koch injured before this title fight and Lamas upsetting Hioki pushing him up the order. Grant and Wiman both underrated and great fighters so should be a nice match there :D. Not to mention Guida's move down to FW to face Hioki and Bader back in action against Matyushenko.

RiOtChEsS

only caught the Bisping Vitor fight unfortunately, or maybe not, i thought both fighters looked tentative and rusty tbh, no real flow to the fight, frothing for the Dodson Vs Mighty Mouse rekn Dodson has some serious power that others in that division do not have...

RiOtChEsS

Sonnen Vs Jones The Ultimate Fighter 17 starts tonight on FX guys, series link it ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Marcz on January 27, 2013, 12:06:34 PM
Sonnen Vs Jones The Ultimate Fighter 17 starts tonight on FX guys, series link it ;)
Watched it already since it's already been shown in the US. Some good fights in the first ep, plus some usual Sonnen banter so it's great :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 27, 2013, 12:21:53 PM
Quote from: Marcz on January 27, 2013, 12:06:34 PM
Watched it already since it's already been shown in the US. Some good fights in the first ep, plus some usual Sonnen banter so it's great :)
awesome 8) there is an event on fuel tv now and they had him and bones on, Gz Sonnen can talk the talk :o

RiOtChEsS

T.J. Grant continues to impress the shower out of me 8)