Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: Marcz on December 15, 2012, 11:50:49 AM
8) another owning, surely the bigger promotion will take notice sooner or later and give him a bigger chance to prove himself...

Battle of the Smashes Finale is on FX today at midday, should be a cracker with George Sotoropolis Vs Ross Pierson
Yeah you would think so, especially since he has had a fight in the US as well. He's had 2 fights with Brace, and 1 with Valor so you would think he would get a chance in the CFC soon. I think he may have been asked once since his coach is one of their best fighters, but he wasn't available at the time...

He was also annoyed that he couldn't try out for the Smashes. He hadn't had enough fights at the time and also it's not his weight class. I haven't seen any of this series marcz, what's the quality like? Could my brother have done alright in it?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 15, 2012, 01:05:14 PM
8) another owning, surely the bigger promotion will take notice sooner or later and give him a bigger chance to prove himself...

Battle of the Smashes Finale is on FX today at midday, should be a cracker with George Sotoropolis Vs Ross Pierson
Yeah you would think so, especially since he has had a fight in the US as well. He's had 2 fights with Brace, and 1 with Valor so you would think he would get a chance in the CFC soon. I think he may have been asked once since his coach is one of their best fighters, but he wasn't available at the time...

He was also annoyed that he couldn't try out for the Smashes. He hadn't had enough fights at the time and also it's not his weight class. I haven't seen any of this series marcz, what's the quality like? Could my brother have done alright in it?
deadset could have taken it out, that fight he just had vs the first he had shows an amazing progression, his stance has advanced, he looks really comfortable, and he was constantly setting that last opponent up to fail, whereas the other fights he was reacting to their mistakes rather than forcing them into them... that fight was really really impressive 8)

the card is a good one...
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/11/3756216/ufc-on-fx-6-fight-card-tuf-smashes-finale-preview
there were a couple of guys that didnt belong on the show at all, i definitely think ur bro could have owned it, it has been fairly successful tho so maybe they will go again with different weight classes and he will get his chance to shine...

CrowsFan

Quote from: Marcz on December 15, 2012, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 15, 2012, 01:05:14 PM

deadset could have taken it out, that fight he just had vs the first he had shows an amazing progression, his stance has advanced, he looks really comfortable, and he was constantly setting that last opponent up to fail, whereas the other fights he was reacting to their mistakes rather than forcing them into them... that fight was really really impressive 8)

the card is a good one...
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/11/3756216/ufc-on-fx-6-fight-card-tuf-smashes-finale-preview
there were a couple of guys that didnt belong on the show at all, i definitely think ur bro could have owned it, it has been fairly successful tho so maybe they will go again with different weight classes and he will get his chance to shine...
Yeah certainly has improved. He was telling me after his first fight that he had a slight moment of doubt to start pounding the guy once he had got on top of him since it was his first fight and he hadn't done it before. But certainly loves doing it now! Loves his elbows too when he is in mount.

I abused him after his first fight for not going for the arm bar when the guy just kept leaving his arm up in the air, and he said that thought popped in to his head during this one so that's why he did it. Looks like I'm now the coach haha :D

Yeah hopefully they get another season going with aussie fighters in it at a different weight class. Although I'm not sure if he is planning on going back to the US or not. Think he might be at some stage, since that's really where the fight scene is at...

valkorum

If he wants to have a red hot crack at it then he will most likely have to go to the states and train there.  From the fights I have seen he appears to have the skillset

RiOtChEsS

haha nice "subconscious armbar"
the exposure that the sport gets these days, surely its just a matter of time until he gets his shot... they just wrapped another TUF show on Sunday which had US vs Canada, was a great finale and the main event had Big Country Nelson Vs Matt Mitrione, bombs thrown ;D

valkorum

I just watched the finale to TUF Smashes Aus V UK.  Hector Lombard was in BEAST MODE - he surely put his name up in lights with that first up performance in the UFC.

Will watch the TUF S16 finale tonight

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on December 18, 2012, 12:13:17 PM
I just watched the finale to TUF Smashes Aus V UK.  Hector Lombard was in BEAST MODE - he surely put his name up in lights with that first up performance in the UFC.

Will watch the TUF S16 finale tonight
yeah Hector has throws bombs :o

lovin all these free UFC events of late, in the festive spirit 8)

valkorum

I watched the TUF Season 16 Finale last night and that was a great card - some very entertaining fights.  I wont post any details in case people havent watched it.

j959

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 13, 2012, 10:17:13 PM
Yeah he's very good on the ground!
It's funny because in the 4 fights I've heard him be introduced as a kick boxer, a boxer and a wrestler! Can't decide what he is ;D
that's cos he's a MMA fighter!   ;)

CrowsFan

Rob's been named as one of the rising stars by the Brace organisation :)

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=87c462f431c254534eeb41aca&id=ebd2a9038f

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 26, 2012, 08:25:01 PM

Awesome stuff, good to get recognition as a rising star after notching up several wins 8).

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 26, 2012, 08:29:31 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 26, 2012, 08:25:01 PM

Awesome stuff, good to get recognition as a rising star after notching up several wins 8).
8)

Grazz

RiOtChEsS

Cleaned Up On The Junior dos Santos Vs Cain Velasquez Fight, picked round, method of win and result... got over 20/1 8)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on December 30, 2012, 11:18:41 PM
Cleaned Up On The Junior dos Santos Vs Cain Velasquez Fight, picked round, method of win and result... got over 20/1 8)
NICE Marcz :o :o :o. Would be extremely happy with that at 20/1 odds!! Think Junior talking about Overeem so much, he looked past Cain :-X.

Was only able to watch prelims of course and didn't disappoint. Garcia Vs Holloway was a nice standing war. Garcia certainly put up a fight seeing as he may get cut, but he always entertains. Not a bad way to close out the year.