Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Saw the highlight J :o right on the button 8)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on November 13, 2012, 12:35:52 AM

Anyway, for UFC in Macau, the main card started at 1am our time on Fuel TV (Only noticed as went to check up to put it on record for the normal like 6am or 9am start). Thought it was in the morning like normal, so missed the first 3 matches on the prelims (Especially the Lineker match which was one of the ones I actually wanted to watch on this card). Sadly missed the Main Event as fell asleep at 2am as was tired out from going out 3 days in a row (including for 2 exams then clothes shopping for 6 hours). Read up on it and didn't think much was missed besides that Knockout by Le :o. Le certainly went for more power with the way he was standing and attacking, different to usual.

And apparently January 12th is the last Strikeforce event before they are absorbed fully by the UFC :o. Means Cormier, Melendez, Rockhold, Rousey (Female divisions coming as guessing Dana wants to cash in on her) and others could make for some nice matches :D.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 13, 2012, 02:01:52 AM
Quote from: Marcz on November 13, 2012, 12:35:52 AM

Anyway, for UFC in Macau, the main card started at 1am our time on Fuel TV (Only noticed as went to check up to put it on record for the normal like 6am or 9am start). Thought it was in the morning like normal, so missed the first 3 matches on the prelims (Especially the Lineker match which was one of the ones I actually wanted to watch on this card). Sadly missed the Main Event as fell asleep at 2am as was tired out from going out 3 days in a row (including for 2 exams then clothes shopping for 6 hours). Read up on it and didn't think much was missed besides that Knockout by Le :o. Le certainly went for more power with the way he was standing and attacking, different to usual.

And apparently January 12th is the last Strikeforce event before they are absorbed fully by the UFC :o. Means Cormier, Melendez, Rockhold, Rousey (Female divisions coming as guessing Dana wants to cash in on her) and others could make for some nice matches :D.
cant wait, Ronda Rousey is :-*

if i fought her id be ONLY trying to take it to ground :P

j959

she would crush me ... but it'd probably be worth it!   ;)

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 12, 2012, 06:59:52 PM
For anyone living in Launceston (why would you live there? :P) my bro is having a fight on December 8 there. So should go check it out...
"why would you live there?" - way harsh CF!  :o    ;)

Quote from: Toga on November 12, 2012, 06:56:49 PM
Is this on One HD anymore? Havent seen a fight for ages! :(
here's the answer from earlier in the thread Toges ...

Quote from: valkorum on November 06, 2012, 02:03:26 PM
UFC signed a new deal with a different channel (FX - Channel 123) on Foxtel so its no longer on OneHD or Fuel

RiOtChEsS

id fight Jon Jones for the priviledge to have her submit me ;D

CrowsFan

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 12, 2012, 06:59:52 PM
For anyone living in Launceston (why would you live there? :P) my bro is having a fight on December 8 there. So should go check it out...
"why would you live there?" - way harsh CF!  :o    ;)
[/quote]
Haha don't tell me you're from Launceston j? :P
It is of course all in jest, I don't really have anything against the place. In fact that place makes one of my favourite beers so it must be alright ;)

j959

Ha, ha! no CF, don't live in Launny ...  ;)

UFC 154 was solid if not spectacular - thought we were in for an 'epic' when Condit got a high head kick to glance GSP's temple and get him to the ground in the 2nd ... definite unanimous decision but with 49-46, 50-45 & 50-45 there is a definite 'wrestling bias' in judges scorecards for MMA and it needs to be 're-balanced' back the other way a bit, in my opinion - maybe i want to see a bit more stand-up but to me, getting a take-down is hard work but should it be 'worth' more than hitting a guy to the ground??

just seems that judges go with take-downs, or maybe it is take-down plus top-control - but i don't see that staying on top equates with control when the other guy is so active from the bottom and looking to recover or going for submissions??

decent card too - HP, you have to see Hendricks knocking out Kampmann in the 1st round!  :o
Almost a carbon copy of what he did to Jon Fitch in his last fight!  :o   ;)

Dos Anjos was impressive over Hominick and should be on his way towards a title fight after a couple more, if he keeps it up ...

next card, UFC on Fox 5 - Dec 9 our time looks really good ...

Henderson v Diaz for lightweight title
Shogun v Gustafsson LHW
BJ Penn v MacDonald WW
Swick v Brown WW

ps. i don't know why i put those weight designations there and then noticed I missed the last two ...  :P

RiOtChEsS

looking forward to the next one, schoolies week down here so i didnt go to the pub for 154...

got an underdog multibet on Penn over MacDonald and Shogun over Gustaffson paying $8.18 to 1...

Interested to see how Nate goes against BenHen, been a fan since TUF, if he can keep his range he will win, even if he cant he has a mad ground game and could pull out a submission so could be a fast paced fight

Justin Bieber

I saw it as was reading the PBPs on Sherdog and also watched the post-show on Fuel. Was similar to Fitch being KOed in the way Kampmann fell which was :o. I wanted Kampmann to win, but got to give the #1 contender to Hendricks after his last couple of wins (Pierce, Fitch, Kos and now Kampmann, 3 of them having a wrestling background). Could pose problems to GSP but even then, he showed against Condit, hard to deny his take downs.

Dos Anjos became the 5th person to be Bocek (Danzig and then 3 of the top of the division are the only other ones to beat him) so certainly on his way up the ladder if he continues! Cote Vs Alessio also looked like it was going to be awesome! Cote got the win by DQ because of SOOOOOOO many strikes to the back of the head to KO him. He was rocked by a normal shot, but there were like 5-10 shots to the back of the head in total, all went without a warning.... Hopefully get the rematch here :D.

The Fox card certainly looks like one of the most stacked cards that are free to watch. Hopefully you guys without pay tv can watch it, certainly is set up to possibly have a few great matches! I'm a fan of Brown, certainly put together a few wins. Want Penn to win but going for Gustaf against Shogun :P.

CrowsFan

Rob has his 4th fight tonight, against some guy called Mad Dog ::)

Grazz

All the best to him CF. ;)

CrowsFan

Won by first round submission :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 08, 2012, 11:16:10 PM
Awesome stuff by Rob! Certainly putting together a string of dominant wins from the sounds of things 8).

Was meant to say this two days ago, but personal stuff came up but UFC on Fox is on today! Chiesa and the Johnson Vs Schaub match were cancelled but still quite a damn decent card for free (Well Pat TV provideres or those going down to the pub :P ).

Tim Means slipped in Sauna so replaced in his match by Marcus LeVesseur, was looking forward to seeing Means again after he destroyed Salas in his last match. Quite alot of former TUF fighters on the undercard, certainly a few of those fights should be entertaining, such as Siver Vs Phan and Jorgenson Vs Albert (really want to watch this one). Top 3 fights with big names! Henderson Vs Diaz with belt on line, Rua Vs Gustaffson and Penn Vs MacDonald. Swick Vs Brown also has the potential to be good. Swick over his injuries and Brown on a roll. But all 4 certainly are great fights to have on a free card :D.

Also, first Women's match in UFC history has been made, set for UFC 157 :o. http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ronda-Rousey-to-Defend-Bantamweight-Belt-Against-Liz-Carmouche-in-UFC-157-Headliner-48001

RiOtChEsS

Congrats To Rob!!!

First 3 prelim fights on fox have been insane, hope u guys can catch a replay if ur not watching... Cmon Nate ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 09, 2012, 03:12:50 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 08, 2012, 11:16:10 PM
Awesome stuff by Rob! Certainly putting together a string of dominant wins from the sounds of things 8).
Yeah he seems to be doing alright! 2 by KO and 2 by submission all in the first round isn't bad at all haha!
I wasn't there to see the fight, but have been told it was an arm bar that won him the fight. Apparently the vid will be up in about a week :)