Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 16, 2012, 05:47:28 PM
Unlucky you lost on Herman, but Fitch was an underdog over Silva so nice way to make some money back with him in a multi with Maia 8).

Considering Koch and then Aldo both got injured, at least it was something so that the event could go through, Big Nog even said he wanted to fight on it to help get another Big Brazillian name on the card to make up for it. From what I've read around, was better than what most were expecting from the fights on the card.
yeah, was heaps of injuries so Silva and Bonnar step up to put on an 'exhibition' i'd heard ...  ;)

look at this ...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jon-Jones-Chael-Sonnen-to-Coach-TUF-17-on-FX-Prior-to-April-27-Title-Bout-on-PPV-46571

Marcz gets his wish!  Jones v Sonnen!   ;)

People want to see it but Chael stepping up to LHW and getting a title shot straight away ... i'm not so sure??
but i s'pose it will sell PPV ...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on October 17, 2012, 12:48:52 PM
Unlucky you lost on Herman, but Fitch was an underdog over Silva so nice way to make some money back with him in a multi with Maia 8).

Considering Koch and then Aldo both got injured, at least it was something so that the event could go through, Big Nog even said he wanted to fight on it to help get another Big Brazillian name on the card to make up for it. From what I've read around, was better than what most were expecting from the fights on the card.
yeah, was heaps of injuries so Silva and Bonnar step up to put on an 'exhibition' i'd heard ...  ;)

look at this ...

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jon-Jones-Chael-Sonnen-to-Coach-TUF-17-on-FX-Prior-to-April-27-Title-Bout-on-PPV-46571

People want to see it but Chael stepping up to LHW and getting a title shot straight away ... i'm not so sure??

definitely cashing in on that beef, poor Jonny Jones having to fight someone he doesnt respect :P

tbh i cant see Chael troubling him, i just dont see anyone troubling him so im hoping someone surprises me... soon

j959

Quote from: Marcz on October 17, 2012, 09:04:11 PM

look at this ...

definitely cashing in on that beef, poor Jonny Jones having to fight someone he doesnt respect :P

tbh i cant see Chael troubling him, i just dont see anyone troubling him so im hoping someone surprises me... soon
i s'pose I thought that about Anderson Silva when he fought Chael the first time ... I remember saying to someone at the pub when we were watching, "This is a pretty big surprise, Silva hasn't really been 'touched' in 5yrs or more ..." as Sonnen was pummeling him from top position and then next round ... Silva 'snatches victory from the jaws of defeat' cos Sonnen for some unknown reason (with pretty much 4 rounds in his pocket), still wants to keep beating up on Silva and gets sloppy ... nice triangle choke and still pretty cool ...  8)     ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on October 18, 2012, 03:37:57 PM
Quote from: Marcz on October 17, 2012, 09:04:11 PM

look at this ...

i s'pose I thought that about Anderson Silva when he fought Chael the first time ... I remember saying to someone at the pub when we were watching, "This is a pretty big surprise, Silva hasn't really been 'touched' in 5yrs or more ..." as Sonnen was pummeling him from top position and then next round ... Silva 'snatches victory from the jaws of defeat' cos Sonnen for some unknown reason (with pretty much 4 rounds in his pocket), still wants to keep beating up on Silva and gets sloppy ... nice triangle choke and still pretty cool ...  8)     ;)

yeah it would be nice if someone could get a surprise victory over Jones and open up that div again, nobody is pushing the pace on him, they all respect his power, range etc too much, if ur going to be struck by him anyway u may aswell do it on ur own terms, come a little unorthodox and immediately with a ton of pressure, try and throw him off his game, ino nobody can fight at that pace for a long time but atleast the first minute of the fight and get him in a situation foreign to him and then u might be able to control the fight to an extent

CrowsFan

So my bro's second fight has finally been put on youtube so you can all enjoy it for free! I'll link all three of his fights here so you can watch them all if you want :)

First fight - in Hobart (Middleweight)

Second fight - in Canberra (Middleweight)

Third fight - in America (Light heavyweight)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 22, 2012, 12:30:16 AM
So my bro's second fight has finally been put on youtube so you can all enjoy it for free! I'll link all three of his fights here so you can watch them all if you want :)

Cheers CF 8)

Grazz

Justin Bieber

Thanks CF, watched 2nd fight as was on Facebook newsfeed a night or two ago!

j959

Hey Marcz, HP, CF, valk ...

do you guys know what the go is for this UFC in Macau??

i think I saw it's a Fuel TV thing - i don't know what's happened with OneHD but seems like UFC is off the menu on it these days??

I know the headliner is Rich Franklin vs Cung Le (assuming it's a catchweight 195lb or is Rich cutting to middleweight??)

am already getting excited for GSP v Condit next week!   ;)

valkorum

UFC signed a new deal with a different channel (FX - Channel 123) on Foxtel so its no longer on OneHD or Fuel

j959

Quote from: valkorum on November 06, 2012, 02:03:26 PM
UFC signed a new deal with a different channel (FX - Channel 123) on Foxtel so its no longer on OneHD or Fuel
damn ...   :(

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on November 06, 2012, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: valkorum on November 06, 2012, 02:03:26 PM
damn ...   :(
guess they r re-runs on fuel then, but im lovin FX, has a bunch of decent shows on it...

j959

I didn't see it but ...

"Cung Le Counter KOs Rich Franklin in UFC on Fuel TV 6 Main Event in China" over the w/end.

Link: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cung-Le-Counter-KOs-Rich-Franklin-in-UFC-on-Fuel-TV-6-Main-Event-in-China-47261

Hopefull will get to see GSP vs Condit this Sunday!!!

Don't know if it is bogus but the pub I was intending to go and watch UFC 154 at is apparently hosting Tito Ortiz for some promotional thing - would be good to see him but I'm not sure about a $10 cover charge because of that ...  :-\   ;)

but then I found this ... http://www.everythingmma.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Tito-Ortiz-AUST-Tour-Poster1-723x1024.jpg so now i'm confused ... poster says private booth, pub website says $10 cover charge but not what for, especially if he's going to be in a private booth ...

CrowsFan

For anyone living in Launceston (why would you live there? :P) my bro is having a fight on December 8 there. So should go check it out...

DazBurg

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 22, 2012, 12:30:16 AM

2nd one says it's been removed by the user :(