Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on September 23, 2012, 03:10:38 PM
125's r awesome :o
From what I read, they usually put up a great match! Loved watching the semi-finals of the tournament, and heard they got booed at the event cause they weren't the type of fight the fans wanted....

I watched the prelims and gotta say was happy with them! Some good matches in there which kept me entertained :).

And I'm a Bisping fan :P. Glad he came away with the win, but could only read about it all!

RiOtChEsS

yeah Bisping was good :( Stann wasnt himself imo maybe an adrenalin dump? just stood there an got over awed by the moment

evan dunham vs tj green omg that was a firecracker fight on the prelims, best scrap ive seen in ages, Bones toyed with Vitor yawn ::)

j959

Vitor had his chances, that armbar looked pretty deep and saw post-fight article with Jones saying something popped ...

i got to the pub late and missed Bisping v Stann ...  :(

things picking up Marcz! your local finally cottoning on ...   ;)
what's wrong with that??

i can't believe people would boo the flyweights!!??  :o
very short-sighted and narrow-minded ...  >:(    ;)

RiOtChEsS

Nobody booed it at my local but it wasnt a huge turnout unfortunately, i thort the fight was great

tbh the only chance any LHW fighter has atm is Bones taking them too lightly ala that armbar, i thort he was done, ry as he may after that Vitor could hardly get ahold of that arm again

Justin Bieber

Yeah, Jones said something popped and Vitor said he eased up once it happened, but allowed Jones to get out of it :-X. People say Gustaffason may have a chance as he is quite a big LHW to match Jones to a lesser extent but maybe only after the Rua match.

I watch the Fox and FX events, but can't watch these big ones as I don't bother going to a Pub alone :P.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 25, 2012, 08:51:47 PM
Yeah, Jones said something popped and Vitor said he eased up once it happened, but allowed Jones to get out of it :-X. People say Gustaffason may have a chance as he is quite a big LHW to match Jones to a lesser extent but maybe only after the Rua match.

I watch the Fox and FX events, but can't watch these big ones as I don't bother going to a Pub alone :P.
speaking of which is the next Fox event going to be on OneHD??

Gustaffason is at least 1-2yrs away from being seriously able to challenge Bones imo, even if he gets past Rua ...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on September 26, 2012, 12:31:26 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 25, 2012, 08:51:47 PM

speaking of which is the next Fox event going to be on OneHD??

Gustaffason is at least 1-2yrs away from being seriously able to challenge Bones imo, even if he gets past Rua ...
Still some time away, but if Jones beats Henderson, there isn't much left at LHW that Jones hasn't conquered if you think about it :o. Hence, Gustaffason may find himself in a match with Jones end of next year.

Not sure if FX/Fuel events are also shown on OneHD, but next Fox event is early December, Henderson Vs Diaz which is looking to be an awesome card with the title fight headlining!

Event this coming weekend is UFC on Fuel TV 5 - Struve vs. Miocic. Struve and Miocic vying to move up the HW pecking order and a win for either could see them face tougher competition next time around. Hardy Vs Sadollah both will always come out banging so could put on a good show! Show is mainly of up and coming fighters, or those trying to move up slowly in their divisions. But should make for good fights as they have to perform to move onto bigger cards which is why I love watching these type of cards :D.

RiOtChEsS

haha HP sounds like u care what ppl think :P i go on my own bcos i enjoy UFC, also didnt ask the others what they thought of me being there on my own ;D

Gustaffson has no real ground game as J said aways off even if he does get the big fights he will get bullied

Justin Bieber

Haha, I don't really like spending money and would have to travel a little to get to a Pub/Bar, so I'm lazy :P. And wonder what my parents would think of me going to a Pub/Bar alone as I don't really drink :P. I'll enjoy the Prelims and read up on the actual Event.

Looks like we may have to wait a while before there somebody could dethrone Jones if he stays at LHW.... But we can always hope!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 28, 2012, 08:51:33 PM
Haha, I don't really like spending money and would have to travel a little to get to a Pub/Bar, so I'm lazy :P. And wonder what my parents would think of me going to a Pub/Bar alone as I don't really drink :P. I'll enjoy the Prelims and read up on the actual Event.

Looks like we may have to wait a while before there somebody could dethrone Jones if he stays at LHW.... But we can always hope!
i went and had a coffee, two coke zero's and a bowl of chips :D pity about the travel mate...

The New Toddlerweight Champion Of The World

Dan Hardy is back!!! very impressive with new wrinkles in his game :o

Struve Vs Miocic was great too...
bit of a disaster that Miocic slipped on a wet corner area then got finished as he was regaining his footing tho :-\

Justin Bieber

The event was pretty good to watch 8). I gotta say I liked Sass Vs Wiman match the most seeing as missed out on the Prelims. Gotta say I like the grappling matches!

Haha, nice Marcz, nothing too expensive for the event :). Yeah, I'm just too lazy to travel as have to most days of the week to Uni and going out :P. Rather sleep in and relax on weekends, only time I can catch up on sleep.

RiOtChEsS

haha nice mate glad to see ur maximizing urself 8)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on October 01, 2012, 01:41:55 AM
haha nice mate glad to see ur maximizing urself 8)
Except I don't use the time to study ::).

j959

maybe i should have brought the little one to the pub??   ;)
(just teasing, don't think i'd win any parent of the year awards that way!)    ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on October 02, 2012, 07:41:02 PM
maybe i should have brought the little one to the pub??   ;)
(just teasing, don't think i'd win any parent of the year awards that way!)    ;)
the venue was reasonably subdued where i was, could have got away with it, no drinking just ppl having lunch etc 8)

just stumbled across some gifs ;D