Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Nice! Whether in the Camp or with Sonnen, great opportunity for him :D.

j959

UFC 148 - this Sunday right??

Silva v Sonnen II

Griffin v Ortiz IV??
(did I get that right Valk/Marcz/CF/HP??)

anyone getting excited yet??  ;)

Justin Bieber

Think it's the rematch or 3rd match between them off the top of my head. Tito's retirement and some are calling for Forrest to retire as well although doubt it. Just checked and the 3rd match, with it tied 1-1.

Can't wait to see how the rematch between Silva and Sonnen plays out. Will be interesting if Sonnen can wrestle Silva down again or Silva can keep it standing alot more this time around.

Cote also comes back to fight Cung Le. Love watching Cote fight as he's one of my favs. Stun Gun Vs Maia on the prelims could certainly be a great match to watch! Hoping to catch it on FB if they show them (pretty sure they do). Can't believe McKenzie Vs Mendes got promoted to main card ahead of that :o.

CrowsFan

RiOtChEsS

stoked for ur brother CF definitely hoping he maximizes his potential, making a big camp like that is a good notch in his belt 8)

bit disappointed in Tito's bravado, seen an interview on SC with him saying this is his dream last fight #giveusabreak #playitsafe

for me Silva will win via a KO, Forrest via TKO

CrowsFan

Quote from: Marcz on July 08, 2012, 02:13:00 AM
stoked for ur brother CF definitely hoping he maximizes his potential, making a big camp like that is a good notch in his belt 8)
Turns out Sonnen trains at another Team Quest gym about 30 miles away, but does come up to the other one every so often to help out. The head trainer at the gym where my bro is is a guy called Matt Lindland. He got a silver medal at the Sydney Olympics in wrestling so knows his stuff. Although you may know him more for his self KO in the UFC... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZyMnUkCEeI

My bro has only been in Portland for a couple of days so still waiting to find out exactly what is going on, but he said he has been told he can join the team training sessions immediately, which is invite only. He's only with the amateur team at the moment, but hopefully can train with the pro team further down the track... He is also hoping to get a fight whilst he is over there. Will keep you updated :)

BratPack

SEAGAL!  ;D

THE POWER OF THE SEAGAL! NEVER DOUBT IT!  :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 08, 2012, 02:32:33 AM
Quote from: Marcz on July 08, 2012, 02:13:00 AM
Turns out Sonnen trains at another Team Quest gym about 30 miles away, but does come up to the other one every so often to help out. The head trainer at the gym where my bro is is a guy called Matt Lindland. He got a silver medal at the Sydney Olympics in wrestling so knows his stuff. Although you may know him more for his self KO in the UFC... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZyMnUkCEeI

My bro has only been in Portland for a couple of days so still waiting to find out exactly what is going on, but he said he has been told he can join the team training sessions immediately, which is invite only. He's only with the amateur team at the moment, but hopefully can train with the pro team further down the track... He is also hoping to get a fight whilst he is over there. Will keep you updated :)
awesome still, and yeah im familiar with Lindland, has a massive meat head and cauliflower ears and has never seen the sun  ;D
has been around a while too so plenty of knowledge to pass on 8)

check this ufc parody out i got a giggle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGMLy2MGOw&feature=share

CrowsFan

Well he has managed to pick up a fight. The bad news is it's in 3 and a half weeks and it's in the light heavy division...

Jay

C. Judd been watching too much UFC? Perfect 'chicken wing' on Adams on friday ;D

j959

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 12, 2012, 07:14:12 PM
Well he has managed to pick up a fight. The bad news is it's in 3 and a half weeks and it's in the light heavy division...
ooh! I think you mentioned he was 'just right' for middleweight previously ...

wish him well for us CF!

i've been a neglecting my MMA of late - what's been happening??
I missed seeing it, but know that Silva handed Sonnen his tongue back and heard Sonnen was gracious in defeat.  ;)

CrowsFan

Well my bro's fight was earlier today. As you all know most people cut weight to make the weigh in, however since he was moving up from middle to light heavy he did not need to do that. In fact he told me he was drinking water before the weigh in to try and weigh more, yet he still weighed in 2.25kg UNDER the limit hahaha!!!

Anyway just saw his status on FB and says he won via submission at 1 min 42 seconds of round 1. Very proud of him :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 05, 2012, 07:52:03 PM
Well my bro's fight was earlier today. As you all know most people cut weight to make the weigh in, however since he was moving up from middle to light heavy he did not need to do that. In fact he told me he was drinking water before the weigh in to try and weigh more, yet he still weighed in 2.25kg UNDER the limit hahaha!!!

Anyway just saw his status on FB and says he won via submission at 1 min 42 seconds of round 1. Very proud of him :)
bet u r mate thats freaking awesome news too 8)

was a sensational event from the 5 fights i saw too

CrowsFan

Turns out he won by rear naked choke :)

The guy would have been at least 5 kilos heavier than him so pretty impressive effort!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 07, 2012, 11:15:05 PM
Turns out he won by rear naked choke :)

The guy would have been at least 5 kilos heavier than him so pretty impressive effort!

definitely is worthy of note for those making matches... we r obviously all cheering for him CF 8)