Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Yeah I was chatting to my bro about it yesterday marcz. Unfortunately there are a few issues stopping him from trying out for it. The first issue is that you must have had 3 fights to try and get in, but my bro has only had 2, it's also for featherweights so have to be under 77kg, which my bro is not. And lastly you have to be in Australia for the trials, but currently he is over in America training.

Kinda sucks he can't try out cos it would have been cool. Maybe he will try out for another season next year if he is still in the US :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 13, 2012, 12:03:00 PM
Yeah I was chatting to my bro about it yesterday marcz. Unfortunately there are a few issues stopping him from trying out for it. The first issue is that you must have had 3 fights to try and get in, but my bro has only had 2, it's also for featherweights so have to be under 77kg, which my bro is not. And lastly you have to be in Australia for the trials, but currently he is over in America training.

Kinda sucks he can't try out cos it would have been cool. Maybe he will try out for another season next year if he is still in the US :)
bummer :( hopefully he gets a gig in a show over there then ala George Sotorpopolis, they would be due for some bigger framed guys its been all the smaller crew the last few seasons

CrowsFan

Yeah they have been doing a lot of the smaller weight divisions recently, guess that is what people are finding exciting these days though. My bro has only been in America for about a month, but has already put on about 5kgs of muscle! Up to around 91kgs now...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 13, 2012, 01:12:34 PM
Yeah they have been doing a lot of the smaller weight divisions recently, guess that is what people are finding exciting these days though. My bro has only been in America for about a month, but has already put on about 5kgs of muscle! Up to around 91kgs now...
w0w thats all but Light Heavy... 92.5kg/205lbs

Justin Bieber

Unlucky CF, but sounds like your brother is getting big in the US :P. Hopefully he'll try out for a later season :D.

Yeah, read about that and am stoked they'll have more Aussies involved :D. Should be interesting who they pick as the coaches though as no big names are Aussies, so wonder if they'll still choose an Aussie to coach (e.g. Stiropolous (or however you spell it) or Noke).

RiOtChEsS

pretty sure they did name them... yep Hendo and Bisping ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Marcz on May 16, 2012, 02:10:42 AM
They were the coaches from the UK vs US season. From the article you linked it says this:
QuoteThe Smashes are yet to have the respective coaches of Australia and the UK confirmed, but Pearson is one of the leading candidates alongside the likes of Bisping, Dan Hardy and Brad Pickett.
So as you can see they haven't named the coaches yet ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 16, 2012, 12:34:14 PM
Quote from: Marcz on May 16, 2012, 02:10:42 AM
They were the coaches from the UK vs US season. From the article you linked it says this:
QuoteThe Smashes are yet to have the respective coaches of Australia and the UK confirmed, but Pearson is one of the leading candidates alongside the likes of Bisping, Dan Hardy and Brad Pickett.
So as you can see they haven't named the coaches yet ;)
:-[ ;D cheers mate thought it was an odd matchup considering hendo has bones, lost my common sense...

Justin Bieber

Haha Marcz ;D. From what I hear it's likely Pearson for UK and Stiropolous for the Aussies.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 16, 2012, 02:29:36 PM
Haha Marcz ;D. From what I hear it's likely Pearson for UK and Stiropolous for the Aussies.
cool im a big fan of George's game, and his "real body" proof that all the training in the world wont help some of us and also that books arent to be judged by their cover...

I respect Mir's resume, yet his lights r gettin dimmed in the first round, JDS's hand speed eclipses Carwin's and Shane ate Mir up...

RiOtChEsS

fkn b00m and Varner turned out Barboza's lights o_O

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on May 27, 2012, 12:09:39 PM
fkn b00m and Varner turned out Barboza's lights o_O
I saw that, just overwhelmed Barboza coming in as an underdog :o. Elkins was the same with Brandao, got past the first round and dominated on the ground just smashing him at times.

RiOtChEsS

Justin Bieber

Yep, has really gotten under Silva's skin this time around. Silva shouldn't let that get the better of him or could get him beat for the first time in the UFC :-X.

CrowsFan

Sonnen's response is pretty funny.

I'm hoping Sonnen gets the win since that's who my bro will be training with shortly. Actually don't know if it's actually with Sonnen but it's at his training camp in Portland...