Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

i dont discount he has a chance as he is in the fight, i just really dont rate him as highly as his results...

i think he has definitely got the best out of himself, stylistically its a bad matchup for Sugar

Mat0369

Bones is going to destroy Evans. The man is a freak.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on March 12, 2012, 02:16:06 AM
i dont discount he has a chance as he is in the fight, i just really dont rate him as highly as his results...

i think he has definitely got the best out of himself, stylistically its a bad matchup for Sugar
Yeah, it's a bad matchup with Jones' height and reach. But I like Rashad which is why I've followed him since he was on TUF (as he was the underdog as a heavyweight). It'd certainly be a MASSIVE upset if Rashad comes through 8).

Cookie311993

I recently started doing Brazilian jiu jitsu lessons and they are the fittest people. I am rather fit and I was stuffed after 15 minutes in a 1 and a half session

Justin Bieber

Well I missed the Brazillian TUF first episode on Sunday (or something like that). I did however find a replay of it and watched it this morning :D. The dialogue is in another language but subtitles are there to be able to translate. The fights were the Coaches' + Dana's voiceovers in English. Some nice fights and some of those guys look fierce in the cage :o. Should be a good season, maybe better than the normal one currently going.

For those who missed it: http://www.mmatko.com/the-ultimate-fighter-brasil-episode-1-video-complete-replay/

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 28, 2012, 08:01:50 PM
Well I missed the Brazillian TUF first episode on Sunday (or something like that). I did however find a replay of it and watched it this morning :D. The dialogue is in another language but subtitles are there to be able to translate. The fights were the Coaches' + Dana's voiceovers in English. Some nice fights and some of those guys look fierce in the cage :o. Should be a good season, maybe better than the normal one currently going.

For those who missed it: http://www.mmatko.com/the-ultimate-fighter-brasil-episode-1-video-complete-replay/
cheers Hp 8)

arlott

my brother was the original UFC fan in our home but one day he was watching a big fight and i was around the house so i decided to watch with him. ever since i got hooked to UFC i am also planning to take some martial art classes to keep myself fit rather than the usual gym routine that i am having right now becasue it sounds more interesting plus i can use it for my self defense i have always rooted for Jon Jones and i really catch his fight nowadays.

j959

So I missed Jones vs Evans ... how was it?

(looks at Marcz, HP, Maca, etc, etc)

Maca24

Quote from: j959 on April 29, 2012, 05:39:54 PM

Didn't get a look at it J :(
Jones is superior to everyone though, so the future is bleak :(

valkorum

Typical Evans style fight - boring as batshower.  Jones won but won of the worst title fights I have watched in a while.

Justin Bieber

I had to go out that day so I missed it as well. Managed to read the play-by-plays from Sherdog on my phone, which was quite small and tedious as had to keep scrolling down to update it for the final fight :P.

Quote from: valkorum on April 30, 2012, 12:23:45 PM

Typical Evans style fight - boring as batshower.  Jones won but won of the worst title fights I have watched in a while.
Evans seemed to be fighting more to survive than to win with Jones controlling the match quite easily. Although, it showed somebody can go the distance with Jones (think the first match since his Bonnar fight in which he's done so). Now comes Hendo for him...

Cicjose

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 30, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

I had to go out that day so I missed it as well. Managed to read the play-by-plays from Sherdog on my phone, which was quite small and tedious as had to keep scrolling down to update it for the final fight :P.

Quote from: valkorum on April 30, 2012, 12:23:45 PM

Evans seemed to be fighting more to survive than to win with Jones controlling the match quite easily. Although, it showed somebody can go the distance with Jones (think the first match since his Bonnar fight in which he's done so). Now comes Hendo for him...
Sounds like I didn't miss that much then - cheers Valk, cheers HP.

hmmm ... Hendo for Bones next - only risk would be Jones getting over confident (because he dealt with Rampage's knock-out power so easily) and Hendo knocking him out in rd1 or 2??  :-\    ;)

Justin Bieber

Gotta favour Bones in that fight although People are always saying Hendo's in with a puncher's chance :P.

UFC on Fox 3 was on last night. Diaz Vs Miller. I'm gutted as was sleeping through the entire Event while it was recording. Go to see, it stopped just over a minute of actual fight time for the entire thing, so missed the ending!

On the card itself, gotta say some of the Prelims were awesome to watch. Gaudinot Vs Lineker was a deserving fight of the night, those guys were smashing each other! Dodson Vs Elliot was another good one, with a few somersaults and even a cartwheel in there! These two flyweight bouts were my favourite of the night by far, looks to be a very exciting division 8). Belcher Vs Palhares wasn't long but was quite intense knowing Palhares and his leg locks.... And Belcher walked right into them and came out of it on top.

Diaz and Hendricks winning puts them near the top of their weight classes, with Diaz set to face the winner of Benson Vs Edgar :o. That may be an interesting match up whoever he faces.

RiOtChEsS

granted ive realized its my dislike for Sugar clouding my vision, he "fights smart" as do i but when it comes to watching a fight it is indeed boring lmao... i will give him kudos tho he looked the most likely of any to catch or upset Jones albeit being totally outclassed...

BREAKING NEWS
http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/150489.html?CMP=OTC-RSS...

The UFC announced on Thursday evening that an international edition of the reality show will see fighters from Australia and the UK go head-to-head in a season that will echo the USA v UK series, coached by Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping.

dunno if casting has happened but CF could be a good chance for young CF to get some exposure?