Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Yeah, especially with full mount! Shame he gassed a bit, leave it to the rush ;).

Maca24

UFC 140 interesting... I'm just going to talk about here, if people don't want to see results then don't check the thread!  :P

Jones got tested, but still got the win. That standing guillotine sounded brutal! Seemed pretty arrogant after the fight  ::)
Mir finished Big Nog, Broke his arm! Mir was screwed but rolled out and put on a kimura.
Lil Nog TKo'd Tito the White Goodman.

Hominick lost in 7 seconds! Want to see some videos of these fights. Will go searching on youtube.

The Phillipou KO sounded brutal as well.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Maca24 on December 11, 2011, 03:53:08 PM
Quote from: Marcz on December 11, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
Phillopou looked like Shane Carwin, gawd dang that dude has some power in his hands, guy went to sleep on his face :o
If you find a video, do you reckon you can throw us a link? :)
this usually works ;) http://www.facebook.com/UFC?sk=app_128953167177144

j959

Quote from: Maca24 on December 11, 2011, 04:37:34 PM
UFC 140 interesting... I'm just going to talk about here, if people don't want to see results then don't check the thread!  :P

Jones got tested, but still got the win. That standing guillotine sounded brutal! Seemed pretty arrogant after the fight  ::)
Mir finished Big Nog, Broke his arm! Mir was screwed but rolled out and put on a kimura.
Lil Nog TKo'd Tito the White Goodman.
nah, Jones guillotine on Machida nowhere near as brutal as Mir kimura on Nogueira was!!!  :o    ;)

was watching at a big sports bar and at first people clapped the submission but then the slow mo replays came on and you can see Nogueira's shoulder pop out and everyone collectively went, "ooh" "ouch" "eww" and various other utterances of 'pain sympathy' and everyone wasn't so hot on it after that - but impressive by Mir due to Nogueira's BJJ pedigree and seeing reports of his post-fight interviews, he says he hopes Nogueria will be ok and that he's idolised him for a long time.

Jones' guillotine was impressive nonetheless - first time I've seen a standing guillotine live.

Tito's ok, I think they set him up to be the 'heel' most of the time ... Lil Nog impressive though - it's funny, i'm saw him fight Jason Brilz earlier this year or last year and he didn't look as good. Tito has been up and down and then he submits Bader - just shows at top flight competition in any sport, if you're just a bit off your game you can get toasted!  ;D

Quote from: Maca24 on December 11, 2011, 04:37:34 PM
Hominick lost in 7 seconds! Want to see some videos of these fights. Will go searching on youtube.

The Phillipou KO sounded brutal as well.
missed Jung over Hominick but saw bits of the Phillipou KO - can't remember where these were but prelims will be replayed this week i think ...

ok, next on the menu is Lesnar vs Overeem on or around new year's eve!!   :D

valkorum

UFC 140 - best pay per view in a long while.

Little Nog v Tito - Awesome as I hate Tito
Big Nog v Mir - Holy flower what a submission
Jones v Machida - Jones was expected to win, nice standing guillotine and was put on a little differently as well.
Jung v Homick - Landed right on the button then finished on ground.

I cant remember who was in one of the under card fights but DAMN.... he must have connected with about 10 BIG shots that eventually finished his opponent.  Krystoff was also easily beaten in his match - quite surprising.

Maca24

am youtubeing parts of the event now..

LOL at Hominick.. what a rookie took a random as swing 1 second into the fight leaving his chin up.
Chan Sung Jung connects with 1 punch dropping him, then stands over him with a barrage of punches...
7 second TKO.. lol

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on December 13, 2011, 09:03:13 PM
UFC 140 - best pay per view in a long while.

Little Nog v Tito - Awesome as I hate Tito
Big Nog v Mir - Holy flower what a submission
Jones v Machida - Jones was expected to win, nice standing guillotine and was put on a little differently as well.
Jung v Homick - Landed right on the button then finished on ground.

I cant remember who was in one of the under card fights but DAMN.... he must have connected with about 10 BIG shots that eventually finished his opponent
.  Krystoff was also easily beaten in his match - quite surprising.
Costa Phillopou Valk, was droppin bombs on that tall dutch guy

valkorum

Quote from: Marcz on December 15, 2011, 04:28:35 PMCosta Phillopou Valk, was droppin bombs on that tall dutch guy

Thats the one - credit to the dutch guy as he took a showerload of hits and keep trying to fight.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on December 15, 2011, 05:25:37 PM
Quote from: Marcz on December 15, 2011, 04:28:35 PMCosta Phillopou Valk, was droppin bombs on that tall dutch guy

Thats the one - credit to the dutch guy as he took a showerload of hits and keep trying to fight.
he definitely had a chin... saw that standing guillotine on Sportsnation too that was freakin bad@$$ :o

j959

This ...

... is goin to be huge!!!!!!  ;)

Sat, NYE morning/afternoon for Oz ...   :D

think other main card fights have Nate Diaz v Donald Cerrone & Fitch vs Hendricks ... just before main event.  :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on December 20, 2011, 04:32:32 PM
This ...

think other main card fights have Nate Diaz v Donald Cerrone & Fitch vs Hendricks ... just before main event.  :)
dang :o they some big dudes... if Lesnar's striking hasnt improved outta sight he could be in for a beatdown

Maca24

We get to see it!!!!???

valkorum

Quote from: Maca24 on December 20, 2011, 09:18:32 PM
We get to see it!!!!???

Its on mainevent so you will have to order it or go to a sports bar that has it showing.

Maca24

Quote from: valkorum on December 21, 2011, 01:22:15 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on December 20, 2011, 09:18:32 PM
We get to see it!!!!???

Its on mainevent so you will have to order it or go to a sports bar that has it showing.
thought so... ah well :P

j959

Reminder: this Saturday, NYE morning/afternoon for us - order from main event/foxsports or get to a pub showing!  ;)

Quote from: Marcz on December 20, 2011, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: j959 on December 20, 2011, 04:32:32 PM
This ...

dang :o they some big dudes... if Lesnar's striking hasnt improved outta sight he could be in for a beatdown