Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

So I promised I would give you a link to my bro's fight once it was put up on youtube and it finally has been. So if you want to see my bro's first fight click the link. Not the best fight you will ever see, but not bad for a guy who is 19 and is moving over to America for 6 months next year to start training in their gyms ;)

BRACE FOR WAR 12 - Dallas Wilkinson Reed VS Rob Wilkinson

Also regarding the nickname, that was given to him by the announcer about 10 minutes before the fight...

Maca24

Nice fight!
Your brother has good jabs standing. And a nice reach.
Shame he got a bit gassed when he had full mount, could have finished it quicker ;)

RiOtChEsS

wicked 8)

he is a massive bloke for 19 :o looks like he has a ton of potential, that double axehandle ruined the other guy ;D

Maca24

Quote from: Marcz on December 11, 2011, 12:41:21 PM
wicked 8)

he is a massive bloke for 19 :o looks like he has a ton of potential, that double axehandle ruined the other guy ;D
LOL

Nah he is actually very good! Like a white Bones ;)
Very tall, what weight class does he fight at?

RiOtChEsS

Costa Phillipou :o

CrowsFan

Quote from: Maca24 on December 11, 2011, 11:46:24 AM
Nice fight!
Your brother has good jabs standing. And a nice reach.
Shame he got a bit gassed when he had full mount, could have finished it quicker ;)
He told me that the reason he looked a bit gassed was because he kinda hesitated at first about smashing the guy up because he had obviously never done it before, so obviously will improve on that.
You're right about his reach, it is massive! He is 6"2' which is 188cm or something, but reach is over 190!
Quote from: Marcz on December 11, 2011, 12:41:21 PM
wicked 8)

Yeah that second double hammerfirst really destroyed the other guy didn't it. You just see his lights go out haha!

Quote from: Maca24 on December 11, 2011, 12:43:18 PM
Nah he is actually very good! Like a white Bones ;)
Very tall, what weight class does he fight at?
He was fighting at middleweight which is 84kg or 185 pounds. Could beef up and go to light heavyweight but don't think he will.

RiOtChEsS

yeah that totally made him go limp :D

Maca24

Yeh thats so awesome though CF. Really cool  8)

He will improve a lot of he gets with a gym in US. Experience helps and he is only 19 like you said.

I'm 190cm and 80kg, so I'd probs be a Middleweight as well :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 11, 2011, 12:57:14 AM
So I promised I would give you a link to my bro's fight once it was put up on youtube and it finally has been. So if you want to see my bro's first fight click the link. Not the best fight you will ever see, but not bad for a guy who is 19 and is moving over to America for 6 months next year to start training in their gyms ;)

Also regarding the nickname, that was given to him by the announcer about 10 minutes before the fight...
Still, first fight jitters but came away with the win 8). Can tell he likes his punches. With his size, would be great if he learnt submissions. The other guy was open for a rear naked and armbars with his arms just wailing in the air! Good luck to him training in America 8). Going to be travelling (gym to gym) or settle down in a gym and train?

Quote from: Marcz on December 11, 2011, 01:10:50 PM
Costa Phillipou :o
I read about that! Then also the Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung seemed insane :o.

Maca24

Yeh he had a great opportunity to take his back and choke him out.

RiOtChEsS

Phillopou looked like Shane Carwin, gawd dang that dude has some power in his hands, guy went to sleep on his face :o

Maca24

Quote from: Marcz on December 11, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
Phillopou looked like Shane Carwin, gawd dang that dude has some power in his hands, guy went to sleep on his face :o
If you find a video, do you reckon you can throw us a link? :)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 11, 2011, 03:39:13 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 11, 2011, 12:57:14 AM

Still, first fight jitters but came away with the win 8). Can tell he likes his punches. With his size, would be great if he learnt submissions. The other guy was open for a rear naked and armbars with his arms just wailing in the air! Good luck to him training in America 8). Going to be travelling (gym to gym) or settle down in a gym and train?
He is actually really good at submissions, he trains with probably the best Australian fighter who is not in the UFC. That guy has never been submitted so teaches him a fair bit. Rob's favourite is the triangle but being on top couldn't really pull that off ;)
Regarding America he is going to LA (I think) to live with a mate from school and there is a gym nearby which is where I think he will be going. The only UFC fighter at that gym that he is aware of is Stefan Struve, which is probably good for him considering his hight. Also he wants to learn kickboxing and the dutch are probably the best in the world at that so would be helpful. There is another gym about an hour away that has a lot more UFC fighters but can't remember who they are...

Justin Bieber

Well after viewing one match, couldn't really tell he was a submission man! Probably just wanted to punch the guy alot :P.

Should be an interesting journey for him. Hopefully will see him in the UFC one of these days.

EDIT: UFC 140 is over. Didn't see that finish coming :o.

CrowsFan

Haha yeah. He was saying he wanted to win with a knee to the head haha.
But to be fair winning by ground and pound is probably the most brutal way to win since you are just sitting on a guy smashing his head over and over again!