Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

im gonna have to catch 138 on the wednesday midnight replay aka thursday :( dont think my tv records unfortunately...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on November 04, 2011, 01:56:54 PM
Quote from: valkorum on November 03, 2011, 09:18:53 PM
So UFC 138 is on at 4am Perth time and I cant watch it.  Going hot air ballooning on Sunday (present for better halves birthday) and have to be at the place by 4am
I've already told my better half that I'm booked out on Sun, 13 Nov for Cain v JDS - fingers crossed nothing like work or unforeseen emergency gets in the way of me seeing that!!!  :o   ;)
Haha, we'll cross them for you as well. Shame if anybody can't watch that card especially as we get it for free :D

My TV can't record One anymore (Foxtel has removed it from their channels) so have to go old school with an antenna from the 90's :P.

RiOtChEsS

RiOtChEsS

just seen there is a Cung Le Vs Wanderlei Silva and Shogun Rua Vs Dan Henderson on the same card coming in December :o

valkorum

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2011, 03:26:31 PM

My TV can't record One anymore (Foxtel has removed it from their channels) so have to go old school with an antenna from the 90's :P.

But if you are on Foxtel cable (instead of satellite) you still get the feed. 

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on November 04, 2011, 05:37:02 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2011, 03:26:31 PM
But if you are on Foxtel cable (instead of satellite) you still get the feed.
We do have cable but can't find One on the sports channels anymore (Was taken off a few months back). Have a HD TV though so just need to hook the antenna up and all good.

I miss One though for stuff like this :(.

valkorum

Yeh I was changed over to Satellite at the beginning of the year (against my choice) so if they have just taken it away now then that sucks balls.

Justin Bieber

Wasn't able to get up in time to watch the Main Event (Have a massive cold so very bad sleep) but read about Leben Vs Munoz :o.

Won't spoil the results incase anybody is watching tonight but was quite unexpected how it ended!

Maca24

I also missed it. Was a dissapointing ending from what I read  >:(

valkorum

Is it been shown again on OneHD tonight?  What time?

CrowsFan

Nah not tonight valk. Being shown Wednesday night though, for those in WA it is being shown at 9pm, for the others on the Eastern side of the country it is at midnight ;)

Also went and watched the movie Warrior last night, thought it was probably the best fight movie I have seen in a long time (better than The Fighter and The Wrestler). I would advise everyone to go see it! Even has some cameo appearances from some UFC fighters such as Rashad Evans, Rumble Johnson etc. Even has Kurt Angle in it haha

Justin Bieber

I've heard of the Warrior, read some reviews on it 8). Sounds AWESOME so need to watch it eventually (whenever it's available my way ;)).

CrowsFan

Gets a little emotional at the end but still great. Went with my GF and we were going for different brothers haha ;D

valkorum

Will prob get a copy of 138 tonight and watch it tonight

Yeh, my missus said she wants to see "Warrior" so I am gonna have to take her ;)

j959

Quote from: valkorum on November 07, 2011, 05:04:38 PM
Will prob get a copy of 138 tonight and watch it tonight

Yeh, my missus said she wants to see "Warrior" so I am gonna have to take her ;)
even my father-in-law who loves his movies but isn't 'yet' into UFC/MMA (i'm working hard on him and my brother-in-law to get them interested  ;)) said it was a good movie - he isn't generally a harsh critic movie-wise but from a pure fighting movie POV it must have a bit more in it than just fight scenes ...  ;)

UFC 138 - Leben v Munoz: me, the wife and our little one had to head down south (Bunno for the other sandgropers) for my nephew's 18th b'day but my wife booked us into a motel for the w/end which luckily meant foxsports cable and therefore good ol' OneHD.  :D

The only issue was the timing but I set my alarm for 5.30am AWST which was lucky cos I must've mis-read when the main event was on (thought it was 6am)! So there I am in the motel room with my wife and child asleep and I wake them up with UFC 138 at 5.30am! i'm only a little obsessed ...  ;)