Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Nah, Silva got Sonnen into a body triangle or a head triangle, cant remember which but Sonnenn pulled out of it and his arm got trapped and he tapped.

j959

Quote from: cookie311993 on October 07, 2011, 03:19:23 PM
edgar vs maynard should be an absolute cracker
and it was!   ;D

sorry for the bad pun on the nickname but ... Frankie had all the answers!!  ;)
worth looking for the youtube this one ... almost a carbon copy of Edgar v Maynard II from Jan this year - Maynard drops Edgar with a right uppercut but this time doesn't gas himself out looking for the finish and Frankie is bloodied worse but eats less damage than I thought he did in Jan and even gets a couple of hits back and survives the round.

For some reason Maynard seems to let Edgar off lightly after an initial stalking period in 2nd round and this allows Edgar to work his way into his rhythm - not sure why Maynard stopped pressing?? Edgar gets back into the fight and continues to pepper Maynard with strikes but Maynard is continually looking for his haymaker or more uppercuts to connect thru to the 3rd.

4th round is much of the same but Edgar goes in for more takedowns and in a scramble tags Maynard with an uppercut of his own that dazes Maynard and is quickly followed up with 2-3 right hooks right 'on the button' and Maynard goes down with Edgar goin in for the kill with lefts to the head and with Maynard not defending ref Rosenthal calls it.

Aldo V Florian - Aldo by unanimous decision 49-46 with Florian unable to do damage from the clinch and Aldo full mount x2 fluidly in 2 different rounds.

Sonnen v Stann - Sonnen is a clear class above and submits Stann via arm triangle choke(?) in 2nd round - post-fight in the cage with Joe Rogan, he calls out Anderson Silva, says he "absolutely sucks" and challenges him saying if he wins Silva should leave the middleweight division but if he loses that he'll leave the UFC forever! Classic!   :D

didn't see the rest but Lauzon v Gulliard sounds awse with Lauzon coming out on top 47secs into rd1 with (I think) a rear-naked choke!

Can't wait for Velasquez v Dos Santos but GSP v Condit next at UFC 137 end of Oct 2011 ...

Maca24

UnReal!
Thanks J. Edgar vs Maynard would have2 be the best rivalry of the modern era  :P

Sonnen vs Silva will surely be scheduled for an upcoming card? 142 or 143..

CrowsFan

Aldo is a gun! I can't think of a featherweight that could possibly beat him...

Justin Bieber

Guillard wanted Lauzon, Lauzon demolishes him to break him streak 8). Considering Guillard was in title contention, Lauzon was way off the title so it may push him quite a bit back now! I like Lauzon if you didn't notice :P.

Sounds like some good fights with Aldo and Edgar! The Pham Vs Garcia match could be another I look up when I get the time. Sounded like a great PPV.

Maca24

Guillard  :(
Maynard  :(

Justin Bieber

I liked Lauzon since I saw him on UFC 5. He seems quiet but very capable fighter. Guillard wanted to fight a submission man and Lauzon caught him with some punches before submitting him. Think he didn't expect much of Lauzon to go down that fast, 47 seconds :o.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 09, 2011, 08:13:09 PM
I liked Lauzon since I saw him on UFC 5. He seems quiet but very capable fighter. Guillard wanted to fight a submission man and Lauzon caught him with some punches before submitting him. Think he didn't expect much of Lauzon to go down that fast, 47 seconds :o.
Has certainly screwed his chances of title contention.

8-6 Suited

I really really want to see Sonnen vs Silva again, because I honestly believe Sonnen is Silvas kryptonite. If you haven't seen their previous fight, do so. it was fantastic and I think a Fight of the Year as well.

j959

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 09, 2011, 11:56:17 PM
I really really want to see Sonnen vs Silva again, because I honestly believe Sonnen is Silvas kryptonite. If you haven't seen their previous fight, do so. it was fantastic and I think a Fight of the Year as well.
that was a great fight - Silva hadn't been 'touched' for 2yrs or more (i think) and Sonnen beat up on him bad but was a bit too eager to do so ... he had clearly won all 4 rounds going into the final 5th round but he kept wanting to beat up Silva so bad he fell to his weakness of submission defence when it looks like he forgot all about it just wanting to keep beating up on Silva from top mount ... not smart imo ... but a great fight nonetheless ...  ;)

8-6 Suited

You are right, all he needed to do was survive and he would have been the champ. But he was too eager to finish the fight.

cookie311993

Yeah thats what I was thinking shaggy. There was that long left in the fight either from memory just went for the highlight reel finish and got submitted

Maca24

Anyone know a good place to watch previous fights?

Justin Bieber

Youtube isn't a bad way although have to search. Torrents is another good way, but again have to search :P.

j959

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on October 10, 2011, 02:04:01 AM
You are right, all he needed to do was survive and he would have been the champ. But he was too eager to finish the fight.
it was weird, he had it in the bag - could've just sat on him (apart from getting stood up by ref) for the round but he just wanted to keep pounding and didn't notice that his torso getting too high up in Silva's guard ... it just seemed really dumb when he's usually has decent tactics ...

ok UFC 137 GSP v Condit is next, our time 30 Oct 2011 - top 4 fights look pretty good then,
UFC 138 Leben v Munoz our time 6 Nov 2011 (looks a bit 'meh' - doubt i'd go to a pub for that one, might wait for replays) then ...
UFC on Fox: Velasquez v Dos Santos, 13 Nov 2011 our time - cannot wait for that one!  :D