Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I read that too. I like Rashad as a fighter, he actually entered the UFC through going through the Heavyweight Division in TUF season 2 :o. He was small but still made it work against the bigger and more powerful opponents. There is hope he can take out Jones 8).

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 25, 2011, 09:09:44 PM
Haha I love Jones ;D
Rampage wouldn't touch him in a fist fight due to the 30cm reach disadvantage :P
Lol. Still reckon Rampsy would KO him  :-*
Incredible power in his hands.

RiOtChEsS

Rampage deserved to be disrespected in fight, he asked for it he was trying to gain an advantage via his smack talk...

Thing that had me interested in the fight was the countdown suggesting Rampage was training hard as ever etc etc...

What happened was Rampage was all hype he had no interest in pursuing and pressuring Jones he already knew he was gonna lose he only wanted a fat payday, i rekn he gave up his back on purpose as Jones was slow to even go for the choke but it was just THERE. I at first felt embarrassed for him, but after more thought i want my next event free, Rogan asked why did u abandon the leg kicks they were working, he replied he is a great wrestler and u dont want to that chance with getting caught >:( he also thanked god for looking after him and not getting too hurt and yelled im getting drunk tonight ::)

if ur too scared to throw a leg kick ffs let us no prior to ordering an event, Jones had every possible advantage and u knew that so if u werent going to take chances dont take the fight >:( i like Rampage and i like watching him on tv he is a classic, but plz dont take anymore fights unless u r going to be that madman that hunts dudes down, go make movies :-X

j959

Quote from: Marcz on September 25, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
the distance Rampage wants isnt available, when they r apart kicks and jabs keep him at bay and when he gets close he ties him up...

gotta say i thought the kid said he was gonna blow him away but it looks more like he wants to control him for the decision
Jones still fighting from Greg Jackson's school??
that would be the strategy cos they'd be worried about Rampage tagging him with puncher's chance.

I think Rampage just loses heart when he can't make his (now) one-sided attack work (he just wants to knock people out but doesn't want to work for the opportunity, have no idea why he's left his Pride wrestling advantage there) ... pretty sure I saw him like this against Evans - Rashard was too quick and too well-conditioned and Rampage just gave up, he sorta did something similar against Machida and thought he'd lost ...

Let Jones clear out LHW first cos he's young and skinny and then have him move up to HW - like i'd written before, you put Jones next to Carwin and Lesnar and he looks puny ...

hopefully a Jones vs Silva superfight coming soon!!!!!!  ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on September 26, 2011, 01:22:58 PM
Still waiting for the Silva Vs GSP Superfight! ;D.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 26, 2011, 01:40:44 PM
i think Dana and UFC matchmaker Joe Silva wouldn't be as hot for that one for the reasons you guys have been discussing re Jon Jones' height and reach advantage ... it'd be nice to think that GSP could be competitive but the size and reach advantage I think would be just too much for him against Silva

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on September 26, 2011, 01:44:39 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 26, 2011, 01:40:44 PM
i think Dana and UFC matchmaker Joe Silva wouldn't be as hot for that one for the reasons you guys have been discussing re Jon Jones' height and reach advantage ... it'd be nice to think that GSP could be competitive but the size and reach advantage I think would be just too much for him against Silva
Size isn't everything though as GSP has the skill to take it to Silva. Wouldn't mind either of the fights though as they would both be great matchups. Also can make alot of cash out of these fights :P.

8-6 Suited

There is only 3 fights I really really want to see.

Lesnar vs Cain. - Was such a good fight but I don't think Lesnar was really rady for a quality opponent like Velasquez yet after what he had been going through only a few months prior.

Silva vs GSP. Would just be amazing.

Jones vs Silva - As Above.

So until either of those come up, I wont be getting main event for UFC instead opting to watch it for free at the pub :P

Maca24

Lesnar vs Overeem should be pretty sick.

We all want to see Cain vs Lesnar, but I'm looking forward to Cain vs JDS also.

Edgar vs Maynard is always a classic  8)

8-6 Suited

JDS v Cain will be a great fight too. I didn't think of that actually. :P

j959

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 26, 2011, 04:13:20 PM
JDS v Cain will be a great fight too. I didn't think of that actually. :P
how could you forget that one Shaggy??!?!  :o    ;)

apparently that one is going onto mainstream Fox in the US ...

Maca24

I hope Cain wins, as I'd like to see the rematch with Lesnar.
JDS will probably win though due to Cains absence?

8-6 Suited

Cains an animal though, trains consistently. I don't think JDS will get past him.

j959

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 26, 2011, 04:26:47 PM
Cains an animal though, trains consistently. I don't think JDS will get past him.
think it might be a war and therefore come down to cardio where Cain is king, even though JDS i no slouch there either ...

8-6 Suited

Power wise, I think Cain has the edge as far as hits go. JDS is no slouch for sure, but I think Cain has him edged out on just about everything by small margins nonetheless. It could go either way but my money would be on Cain.