Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

goes to show im a crap tipster ;D

always watching the ole re runs HP 8)

would love to get 131 CF even just for Carwin Dos Santos id pay full price ;)

Justin Bieber

Well I wasn't on yesterday so forgot to remind all of you that The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale was on. Was a pretty good all up.

Guida Vs Pettis was pretty exciting at times and both have so much talent 8).

Tony Ferguson beat out Ramsey (something) for the contract. He became the bad guy of the comp but still won >:(. Knocked Ramsey out in the 1st with a hook just stunning him and it was over straight away.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 06, 2011, 05:16:59 PM
Well I wasn't on yesterday so forgot to remind all of you that The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale was on. Was a pretty good all up.

Guida Vs Pettis was pretty exciting at times and both have so much talent 8).

Tony Ferguson beat out Ramsey (something) for the contract. He became the bad guy of the comp but still won >:(. Knocked Ramsey out in the 1st with a hook just stunning him and it was over straight away.
Ive been watching The Ultimate Fighter with Rampage vs Rashad on ONE.
Roy Nelson is such a White Goodman haha, Rampage cracks me up with how he just pays out on Roy.
Brendan Schaub and Kimbo Slice have also been interesting to watch.

Justin Bieber

I remember watching the one where Rashad was in it but sadly haven't watched any on One. Didn't even know they showed it!

Just watched TUF 5 finale tonight and it was pretty exciting through the entire card. Ah.... I love the past seasons and re-runs :P.

RiOtChEsS

i missed the live show so only caught 3 fights in the replay...

Tony had clearly improved his ground game standup was already elite...

j959

Quote from: Marcz on May 14, 2011, 03:57:46 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 14, 2011, 03:17:40 PM
That really sucks for him!
Although a carwin v dos santos fight would be awesome to watch!! If it gets past the first round JDS will win but he will need to be wary of carwins power and punches in the first round
i think Carwin wouldve learnt his lesson from blowing his load too early against Lesnar...

definitely will end in a KO but look for both to be patient agressive early on until one of them gets tagged with a shot...

then it will be a brawl...
ok, here we go! UFC heads up for this Sunday!

UFC 131 - Dos Santos vs Carwin - this Sunday, 12 June 2011 main card from 11am AEST

Heavyweight bout:  Junior Dos Santos vs.  Shane Carwin
Featherweight bout:  Kenny Florian vs.  Diego Nunes
Heavyweight bout:  Jon Olav Einemo vs.  Dave Herman
Middleweight bout:  Demian Maia vs.  Mark Muñoz
Lightweight bout:  Donald Cerrone vs.  Vagner Rocha

This seems to be the main contender decider with the winner to fight Cain Velasquez once he's recovered from his injury issues. Unfortunately as per Marcz's pervious posts, Brock has had a recurrence of his diverticulitis and his return is indefinite.

Kenny Florian usually puts on a good show and is it his debut at featherweight??
Maia vs Munoz should be interesting and has possible middleweight contender consequences.

Maca24

Wish it was Lesnar fighting  :(

Justin Bieber

Pretty sure at UFC 137 there will be GSP Vs Nick Diaz. That would be an EPIC fight 8). Although Diaz is with Strikeforce and Dana White said no "Super fights" here it is :P.

Yeah, would have liked to see that match but has to get healthy again. Carwin isn't the worst replacement you can find though :P.

RiOtChEsS

absolutely not infact i think this fight is better much better...

these guys r both AmAz!nG strikers and i can see Junior wanting to take it to the ground as he has an advantage there...

trading strikes with Carwin is worst than playing russian roulette on ur own :P

j959

Quote from: Marcz on June 08, 2011, 12:39:40 AM
absolutely not infact i think this fight is better much better...

these guys r both AmAz!nG strikers and i can see Junior wanting to take it to the ground as he has an advantage there...

trading strikes with Carwin is worst than playing russian roulette on ur own :P
Whoa! Dos Santos picked Carwin apart ...  :o

Only thing that puzzled me was Junior kept going for these body shots and kept putting his head down right in the range of a big right-hand bomb from Carwin that never came/never connected ... think he did it 4-6 times.   ???

He had Carwin under control with his jab, why bother going for the body and keep risking getting knocked out?!?!?

anyway ... HERE WE GO!!!

VELASQUEZ VS DOS SANTOS

as long as Cain can get healthy and isn't too rusty, will be a must-see!!  ;D

RiOtChEsS

was talking to a mate who watched it, rekns Carwin gassed a bit again after a strong first round...

definitely the fight i want to see tho, was a maSSive Cain fan from the first fight i seen him in

Ben Ros? something, Cain was giving up some serious weight and smashed him :o

will be such a good match Cain Vs Junior, i smell a trilogy  :o >:( :-X

j959

Quote from: Marcz on June 13, 2011, 01:34:06 AM
was talking to a mate who watched it, rekns Carwin gassed a bit again after a strong first round...

definitely the fight i want to see tho, was a maSSive Cain fan from the first fight i seen him in

Ben Ros? something, Cain was giving up some serious weight and smashed him :o

will be such a good match Cain Vs Junior, i smell a trilogy  :o >:( :-X
mmm ... trilogy.

don't think your mate saw the same fight I recall seeing - pretty sure 1st rd Carwin was ok but he kept getting tagged with Junior's left jab regularly and then later in the round he got rocked with something (maybe glancing right to his temple??) and he went to his knees and Junior pounced on his back and kept swinging his short lefts into Carwin's head ... at one point Junior looks up at Herb Dean as if asking, "when are you gonna stop this thing?" but Carwin was 'defending intelligently' even if he was taking shots to his head.  ;)

think he got up but he was all bloodied up and then end of the round came.
props to Carwin as he ate a lot of punishment that first round but still went th distance - he didn't gas so much but obviously his cardio is still questionable.

RiOtChEsS

He had been drinking and he isnt into the technical side of things ;D

yeah trilogy Iceman Vs The Natural style :o

j959

Quote from: Marcz on June 13, 2011, 02:22:56 AM
He had been drinking and he isnt into the technical side of things ;D

yeah trilogy Iceman Vs The Natural style :o
ha, ha! fair enough - i'd been drinking too. so he could've been gassed and I just didn't notice!
cos of our W(ait) A(while) time difference, i started with a Guinness around 9.30am!  ;)

i still hope Brock gets back - that's an awesome triangle of fights - Velasquez, Lesnar & Dos Santos!!  :D

Andrew3737

Brock is a machine and it won't be as one sided as before.