UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 20, 2011, 11:41:56 PM
I managed to find round 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqzoQrtZPyc
cheers mate that was awesome :) those elbows from gaurd :o :o :o that reach is amazing not too dismilar to Brock Lesnar the way they can do things from what is supposed to be a neutral/safe position... Anderson Silva should think about havn a rest cos thats what MMA News is reporting The Spider is next 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 20, 2011, 06:56:04 PM
Really? :o. I'll see if I can find a link on Youtube but knowing the strict UFC, doubt I'd come across any.....
Yea! I got to watch this time!

Most of the main card was a bit average - "CroCop" Filipovic v Schaub wasn't bad though - CroCop showed improved take-down defence and he was ok on the ground (he's improved a fair bit) and it was competitive most of the way - i was just about to consign Schaub to the end of the 2nd tier of heavyweights (or the top of the 3rd tier) when he got a glancing overhand right across the top of CroCop's temple and CroCop went down hitting his head on the canvas and with his right arm going floppy behind his back/under his body as ref Herb Dean came straight into save him but not quick enough to halt Schaub's fairly big hit to CroCop when it looked like he was already out ...  is a pity it went that way cos maybe CroCop should retire now (he's just taken a few too many big hits and has a few miles on the clock) ...

Rua v Jones - was great although one-sided - Rua just didn't have any weapons to hurt Jones with. The biggest thing was the reach advantage (about 8inches) - Jones just held Rua at bay with one hand and then used the other to pepper him with hits.

the 10mth or so lay-off for Rua was telling (Jones just fought last month and was relatively untouched from that one from what i've read), he just couldn't get any of his controlled aggressive offence going and he got taken down early, regularly and easily.

think it was 2nd round and Jones broke from a clinch up against the cage with a spinning back-fist - that got a bit of crowd reaction in the pub I was watching in!   :D

even though Jones dominated, there was still risk in his style of attack that Rua, i think if he had been "match-fit" might have countered with but otherwise Jones looked in control.

at 23yrs old, Jones is the youngest UFC title holder in its short history.
Interesting to see now if 'team-mates' Jones and Rashard Evans have a title fight next??   ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on March 21, 2011, 12:01:40 AM
cheers mate that was awesome :) those elbows from gaurd :o :o :o that reach is amazing not too dismilar to Brock Lesnar the way they can do things from what is supposed to be a neutral/safe position... Anderson Silva should think about havn a rest cos thats what MMA News is reporting The Spider is next 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Sweet CF :D. Thanks.

Jones control the entire match over Shotgun ???. Guess the lay-off didn't work as well as preparation with other matches. Didn't Rashard say a while back he doesn't want to face friends? ::). He should just leave it in the ring if he has to fight them.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 21, 2011, 04:10:50 PM
Quote from: Marcz on March 21, 2011, 12:01:40 AM
Sweet CF :D. Thanks.

Jones control the entire match over Shotgun ???. Guess the lay-off didn't work as well as preparation with other matches. Didn't Rashard say a while back he doesn't want to face friends? ::). He should just leave it in the ring if he has to fight them.
Saw an article on Sherdog.com that indicated both Jones and Evans will put 'team-mate-ship' aside cos they realise both have to fight for the belt/title and that's that.

should be a corker!  ;D

RiOtChEsS

there no longer training out of the same camp anyway there has been a spat between them over something Bones said and Rashard is a sooky lalala he has been training with some other group, cant think of the name but seriously its not even going to be a good match between those 2 Bones would destroy him inside the 1st round, Sugar is an average sized averaged height and reach counter puncher who is evasive and his first move is always backwards... Bones doesnt mind the distance either he has flashy hands and feet with a mega reach, plain and simple he lets Sugar backpeddle traps him close to the fence game over there is nothing he does nor can do better he has tiny chance of victory which is hardly worth it...
UFC/WE need this fight with Silva quit the foreplay and make these 2 fight it could be the biggest fight in UFC history both have amazing styles Bones will come forward Silva will counter both have a big reach and KO power Silvas juijitsu is stealth Bones wrestling is insane, no matter where this fight goes it would be amazing...

Justin Bieber

Read an article at school today talking about a possible Silva Vs Jones bout in the future. That would just be EPIC!

j959

Quote from: Marcz on March 23, 2011, 12:05:05 AM
there no longer training out of the same camp anyway there has been a spat between them over something Bones said and Rashard is a sooky lalala he has been training with some other group, cant think of the name but seriously its not even going to be a good match between those 2 Bones would destroy him inside the 1st round, Sugar is an average sized averaged height and reach counter puncher who is evasive and his first move is always backwards... Bones doesnt mind the distance either he has flashy hands and feet with a mega reach, plain and simple he lets Sugar backpeddle traps him close to the fence game over there is nothing he does nor can do better he has tiny chance of victory which is hardly worth it...
UFC/WE need this fight with Silva quit the foreplay and make these 2 fight it could be the biggest fight in UFC history both have amazing styles Bones will come forward Silva will counter both have a big reach and KO power Silvas juijitsu is stealth Bones wrestling is insane, no matter where this fight goes it would be amazing...
won't happen just yet Marcz, though i agree with you it would be awesome - UFC will want to milk as much possible out of the new light heavyweight champ first.

i think GSP v Silva is more likely if GSP can beat Shields convincingly enough (should be a good one that one).

i think Jones will fight Evans, then Rampage - then a Silva fight might be on??

RiOtChEsS

yeah i agree with ur diagnosis but i think Silva and GSP r ready to take their bat an ball and go home there is nothing to gain for them and a legacy to taint should either of those 2 super fights happen...

RiOtChEsS

ahhh was so good to see Anthony Rumble Johnson dominate Dan the snot nose toff Hardy ;D 30-27

RiOtChEsS

hey hey lads the brand new season of The Ultimate Fighter is on GO channel 099 right now dont miss it...

j959

Quote from: Marcz on April 01, 2011, 01:27:35 AM
hey hey lads the brand new season of The Ultimate Fighter is on GO channel 099 right now dont miss it...
aww man, how did I miss that?!?!   :o

cheers marcz!

RiOtChEsS

11:30pm SA time Thursday nights, was really poorly advertised i fluked it basically 10 minutes before it started...

knew something fishy was going on when Fuel TV wernt advertising it yet and the season was starting, wouldve been so powered off if i didnt catch onto it...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on April 01, 2011, 01:27:35 AM
I wasn't online and was channel surfing when I caught it! I recorded it after missing the first 10 minutes :D. Very lucky catch considering I didn't even see a single commercial for it :(. Also caught True Beauty around the same time (not for the actual show but for the laughter of how stupid they can be :P).

Happy they are showing it now as I missed watching UFC/MMA. It's on between 11:30 to 12:00 Vic time as I can't remember much from last night.

CrowsFan

Oh I don't have that channel :'(