Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

wtf  :o sounds gay i reckon.
This bloke that got banned might cause a stir though  ;D

RiOtChEsS

yeah he is a super flowerhead and he is boycotting his fight bcos he was banned for life from the ufc...

Maca24

Quote from: Marcz on March 13, 2011, 11:36:34 AM
yeah he is a super flowerhead and he is boycotting his fight bcos he was banned for life from the ufc...
yeh haha. so he should be for punching koscheck after the fight.

RiOtChEsS

the british fighters r so full on with their dribble and beliefs etc i just like the guys that r respectful and go about their business GSP Silva Velasquez Noguiera etc

Maca24

Quote from: Marcz on March 13, 2011, 11:58:18 AM
the british fighters r so full on with their dribble and beliefs etc i just like the guys that r respectful and go about their business GSP Silva Velasquez Noguiera etc
yea velasquez is very likeable. I dont mind a bit of smack talk (lesnar) cas i find it entertaining.
but british guys just sound queer haha.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Maca24 on March 13, 2011, 12:06:50 PM
Quote from: Marcz on March 13, 2011, 11:58:18 AM
yea velasquez is very likeable. I dont mind a bit of smack talk (lesnar) cas i find it entertaining.
but british guys just sound queer haha.
haha yeah they do all trippin over their lips an stuff...

remember the saying beware the quiet guy?
to quote RATM...

8)

j959

Quote from: Marcz on March 13, 2011, 11:16:05 AM
UFC just bought Strikeforce :o

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/paul-daley-threatening-to-pull?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+NEWS+BLOGS%29&utm_content=FaceBook

gonna cause some disgruntlement :P
holy shower! that's some pretty big news in MMA circles!!   :o

yeah HP, Jones is exciting to watch - i only saw some hilights in one of the UFC Countdowns but there was vision of him fighitng Mark Hamill (I think) and Jones just tossed him around like a rag-doll ... and Hamill is a big dude ...

as soon as I saw Daley try to king-hit Koscheck from behind quite a bit after the final bell, i knew he would get released by the UFC ... you just can't have that sort of shower happening in any sport ... i can't believe Daley is taking the moral high ground on this, saying he won't fight his Strikeforce welterweight title fight now, cos he's crying he'd be making Dana money ... that's laughable ...  ;D

not all Brits are too feral, Dan Hardy didn't disrespect GSP even though GSP didn't think much of Hardy - we all knew who was goin to win that one though ...  ;)

RiOtChEsS

too cocky an i love to see those tool bags get schooled by the quiet and humble gents its proof u dont have too puff urself up like terry tuffcower and carry an ego the is probably the weight of the world around with u... i cant stand Koscheck after the last TUF he is the epitomy of what i find disgusting in ppl... sorry to go on :P looks like a Pinky and the Brain style blueprint

j959

Quote from: Marcz on March 14, 2011, 02:57:17 AM
too cocky an i love to see those tool bags get schooled by the quiet and humble gents its proof u dont have too puff urself up like terry tuffcower and carry an ego the is probably the weight of the world around with u... i cant stand Koscheck after the last TUF he is the epitomy of what i find disgusting in ppl... sorry to go on :P looks like a Pinky and the Brain style blueprint
dudes like Koscheck, Chael Sonnen, etc, etc are just doing it to make themselves more marketable and make the fights bigger - must be something about the American market but they need that WWE/boxing puffery to draw in fans but if i was honest with myself, i may not have gone to watch Rampage v Evans live if they hadn't have had the vebal to and fro in the lead up to the fight ...  ;)

j959

UFC 128 this Sunday, 20 March 2011 - from around 1300 AEDT.

Main event is the UFC light heavyweight (93kg limit) title bout between Mauricio "Shogun" Rua v Jon "Bones" Jones.

Rua is defending the title for the first time since winning his rematch with Lyoto Machida back in May 2010.
Jones is the new wunderkind on the block and it is very interesting to see the bookies put him in as a current favourite over Rua ... ?   (but at least the odds have come in a little bit, $1.50 for Jones v $2.50 for Rua)

Main card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout:  Maurício Rua (c) vs.  Jon Jones
Bantamweight bout:  Urijah Faber vs.  Eddie Wineland
Lightweight bout:  Jim Miller vs.  Kamal Shalorus
Middleweight bout:  Nate Marquardt vs.  Dan Miller
Heavyweight bout:  Mirko Filipović vs.  Brendan Schaub

Bottom two fights should be pretty interesting too - will be interesting to see if Filipovic ("CroCop") has anything left against another young up and comer in Schaub. Marquardt v Miller was s'posed to be Marquardt v Akiyama but Akiyama pulled out (I've seen reports he was concerned about the earthquake repercussions for his family or something like that) - Miller should be a more than adequate replacement so still hoping that one is a corker!

Hopefully i'll get to watch live this time!   ;D

CrowsFan

Jon Jones is one of my favourite fighters. He is so exciting in the ring and is still only 23 yet he has defeated some big names in UFC. He beat Ryan Bader back in early Feb to give Bader his first professional loss,  and only twice has he let the fight go to decisions. The only loss he has was against Matt Hamill who he was smashing, with the commentators saying they had never seen Hamill take a beating like that before, which I hadn't either. He only lost due to disqualification for using his elbows to hit Hamill straight down in the face instead of from coming from an angle.

You rarely see the challenger get named favourite with the bookies, but I can see why they have. This guy will be an absolute star!

RiOtChEsS

didnt see the fight but all reports r Jones made Rua look 2nd tier and dominated him :o :o :o :P :P :P :P :D ;D ;)

Justin Bieber

Really? :o. I'll see if I can find a link on Youtube but knowing the strict UFC, doubt I'd come across any.....

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 20, 2011, 06:56:04 PM
Really? :o. I'll see if I can find a link on Youtube but knowing the strict UFC, doubt I'd come across any.....
the site itself ufc.com will have it also if ur on facebook 'mma news' or 'ufc news' r always posting ;)

Justin Bieber

I'm more so trying to look for the entire match ;). They'll only show highlights :(.