Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 05, 2017, 04:47:42 PM
I have never had any respect for him, granted, my coach told me at one point you could pay him money to "learn jiu jitsu" under him and never meet him, you send him videos of yourself performing the moves and could earn your black belt in no time, he is a complete joke, before that i had never paid any attention to who her coach was, seriously lucky guy to have made the money he has with "the knowledge" he has...

At the time i thought it was silly for Cody not to follow up, after watching it a second time i became more convinced this was his plan all along, the knockdowns he would not have planned, but he seemed intent on outpointing him, frustrating him, and more than anything, going the distance and keeping risks to a minimum, he even took the last round off because he knew he had it in the bag.
Got to respect a guy who sticks to the game plan even when your having that type of success, must have been tempting...
Re Garbrant - yes, I can see this point of view.
I think Cruz can bring out the best in anyone, a very dangerous opponent from what I've heard - Cody probably knew he'd have to go the distance and stuck to his gameplan which is even more impressive against such a smart fighter like Cruz.

I was just worried for Cody that he didn't finish when he had the chance and that Cruz might've come back in the 'championship' rounds ...  :P   ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on January 06, 2017, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 05, 2017, 04:47:42 PM
I have never had any respect for him, granted, my coach told me at one point you could pay him money to "learn jiu jitsu" under him and never meet him, you send him videos of yourself performing the moves and could earn your black belt in no time, he is a complete joke, before that i had never paid any attention to who her coach was, seriously lucky guy to have made the money he has with "the knowledge" he has...

At the time i thought it was silly for Cody not to follow up, after watching it a second time i became more convinced this was his plan all along, the knockdowns he would not have planned, but he seemed intent on outpointing him, frustrating him, and more than anything, going the distance and keeping risks to a minimum, he even took the last round off because he knew he had it in the bag.
Got to respect a guy who sticks to the game plan even when your having that type of success, must have been tempting...
Re Garbrant - yes, I can see this point of view.
I think Cruz can bring out the best in anyone, a very dangerous opponent from what I've heard - Cody probably knew he'd have to go the distance and stuck to his gameplan which is even more impressive against such a smart fighter like Cruz.

I was just worried for Cody that he didn't finish when he had the chance and that Cruz might've come back in the 'championship' rounds ...  :P   ;)
100% me too, i was yelling at the tv ;D

RiOtChEsS

Just watched the BJ fight, super difficult to watch

Dudge

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 16, 2017, 05:54:10 PM

yeah  mate, it was sad and hard to watch :(

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Dudge on January 18, 2017, 12:00:45 AM

the game has evolved and this fight polarized that leap

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 19, 2017, 10:40:50 AM

I think I stayed away subconsciously because I didn't want to see one my MMA idols get pummelled ... is that what happened??  :(

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on January 19, 2017, 06:48:21 PM

I think I stayed away subconsciously because I didn't want to see one my MMA idols get pummelled ... is that what happened??  :(
yeah pretty much, ref gave him a really good chance to overcome the storm outta respect too

Hellopplz

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 20, 2017, 12:27:45 AM
yeah pretty much, ref gave him a really good chance to overcome the storm outta respect too
Yeah, was surprised it wasn't stopped earlier but guess BJ was trying to defend himself so ref gave him the chance.

Lauzon was a class act, said he lost the match and was praising Held who he thought won the fight. He was quite shocked he won.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 20, 2017, 02:31:52 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 20, 2017, 12:27:45 AM
Yeah, was surprised it wasn't stopped earlier but guess BJ was trying to defend himself so ref gave him the chance.

Lauzon was a class act, said he lost the match and was praising Held who he thought won the fight. He was quite shocked he won.
i only caught the end of that fight, judging can be bizarre at times

BratPack

As someone who doesn't watch the UFC as much nowadays can someone please explain to me just how the hell the judges thought Anderson Silva won that fight today?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: BratPack on February 12, 2017, 11:21:32 PM
As someone who doesn't watch the UFC as much nowadays can someone please explain to me just how the hell the judges thought Anderson Silva won that fight today?

jvalles69

UFC 209 this weekend, can't watch it live as I'll be watching the Wildcats claim their 8th title.  ;D

Epic value on Ferguson and Woodley both paying just under $2.50.  I'll be getting on, both fights are much closer to 50/50.

RiOtChEsS

Kabib is out, hospitalized trying to make weight... making McNuggets look like nostradamus

Dudge

Was so looking forward to Khabib v Ferg :(

j959

Quote from: Dudge on March 05, 2017, 12:49:42 AM
Was so looking forward to Khabib v Ferg :(
ah well - i'm still heading to the pub to watch (kid issues allowing) ... ;)

still keen to see Hunt v Overeem as well as Rashad fight again ...