Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on December 12, 2016, 02:00:36 AM
Man, watching the UFC card right now and all the fights on the main card have been epic!

Gastulum vs Kennedy sick!

Choi vs Swanson, fight of the year?  Pretty damn close!

Cerrone vs Brown, that KO was nuts!

And still with Holloway vs Pettis to come!
old skool UFC card - just decent match-up fights, so quality bouts from top to bottom ... pity I missed it due to family commitments ...  :(    :P    ;)

Dudge

So who do you guys think is going to win out of Nunes and Rousey?

jvalles69

Quote from: Dudge on December 16, 2016, 11:06:45 PM

So tough, I'd have to take Nunes at this stage, but I think whoever does win will do it easy and I think they are both capable if that makes sense.  Either will prob lose by submission.

Dudge

Quote from: jvalles69 on December 17, 2016, 01:34:35 AM
Quote from: Dudge on December 16, 2016, 11:06:45 PM

So tough, I'd have to take Nunes at this stage, but I think whoever does win will do it easy and I think they are both capable if that makes sense.  Either will prob lose by submission.

Agree it's very tough to pick mate. Doe's Rousey come back mentally fragile after a year off, or does she come back super aggressive. I feel if she can't get a early submission, Nunes striking will slowly wear her down. Rhondas surely worked out she can't walk through Amandas punches like she tried to against Holly. I just got a feeling Rhonda may be too cautious, and not fight her pre- Holly way of fighting. Either way, I'm looking forward to see this fight, especially the first 2 minutes. Also Amandas striking, while not as crisp as Hollys, is just as powerful, plus her ground game is better

RiOtChEsS

I think Ronda is in for for a rude awakening, Nunes is a long sharp striker

jvalles69

I'll bet money that Nunes wins by some sort of chokehold or Rhonda returns to GOAT status with win by arm bar.  I think Rhonda will be a lot more focused and calculated, but she's never face a beast like Nunes.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on December 17, 2016, 04:32:48 PM
I'll bet money that Nunes wins by some sort of chokehold or Rhonda returns to GOAT status with win by arm bar.  I think Rhonda will be a lot more focused and calculated, but she's never face a beast like Nunes.
she will get tagged hard in the standup game, how it wraps up idk probs tko

Mickey Gall just choked out Sage Northcutt yesterday :D love seeing these glamorpusses gettin touched 8)

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on December 19, 2016, 08:11:41 AM

Mickey Gall just choked out Sage Northcutt yesterday :D love seeing these glamorpusses gettin touched 8)

I don't mind Sage, showed a bit of mongrel with the trash talk during the fight.  He's got skills, but he's scared of being choked out, he taps so early, almost got that sweet arm bar on Gall who I think was a bit shocked by that.

And man Dominic Cruz must be the biggest child in all of UFC, far out, just talks shower almost at the level of, "I know you are, but what am I" playground talk.  Hope he gets KTFO.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on December 19, 2016, 12:06:43 PM

I don't mind Sage, showed a bit of mongrel with the trash talk during the fight.  He's got skills, but he's scared of being choked out, he taps so early, almost got that sweet arm bar on Gall who I think was a bit shocked by that.

And man Dominic Cruz must be the biggest child in all of UFC, far out, just talks shower almost at the level of, "I know you are, but what am I" playground talk.  Hope he gets KTFO.
I see Northbutt like McNuggets, all flash no ground game, training jits and understanding it, makes me wanna see em tapped

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on December 20, 2016, 01:08:13 AM

I see Northbutt like McNuggets, all flash no ground game, training jits and understanding it, makes me wanna see em tapped

Have you actually heard Northcutt being interviewed??  He's actually one of the humblest and politest dudes in all of UFC.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on December 20, 2016, 01:33:13 AM

Have you actually heard Northcutt being interviewed??  He's actually one of the humblest and politest dudes in all of UFC.
not a fan, nothing to do with "personality", all flash, which is why Gall targeted him, its about jitsing dudes that cant ;)

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on December 20, 2016, 01:40:38 AM

not a fan, nothing to do with "personality", all flash, which is why Gall targeted him, its about jitsing dudes that cant ;)
ha, ha - I wish I knew jits ...  :(   ;)

says the fight is 30 Dec which is a Fri - does that mean Sat for us in Oz??

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on December 20, 2016, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on December 20, 2016, 01:40:38 AM

ha, ha - I wish I knew jits ...  :(   ;)

says the fight is 30 Dec which is a Fri - does that mean Sat for us in Oz??
yep definitely will be 8)

jvalles69

Yep, New Years Eve for us in Aus.

RiOtChEsS

Just watched Cub Swanson Vs Doo Ho Choi :o ho lee farrrr ksss 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJCklJfiN4

Definitely fight of the year, possibly the best fight i have ever seen