Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

I'd like to see Conor accept a fight from someone taller and longer than him not named Diaz...he said it himself in the post fight interview, Eddie was not long or tall enough.  Well Conor, stop hand picking midgets to beat up on!

Haven't had a chance to watch the early prelims or the prelims, just the main card.  Woodley vs Wonderboy was epic, Woodley I think will have the belt for a little while, he seems to show his opponents a lot of respect and I think it's the reason why there has been such a high turnover recently in some divisions, guys think they are top dog and are untouchable once they get the belt, Woodley was as cautious as hell, threw everything at Wonderboy and couldn't finish him, should have not gone for the choke and just kept beating him up till TKO, but then again, that choke was in deep!  :o

Meisha retiring was a bit sad, but as she said it's not her time any more, at least she got to that belt even if it was short lived, will prob never live down the fact she couldn't beat Rhonda.

Joanna and Karolina fight was good, Joanna way too good, but the heart of Karolina was insane, even cracked Jo a few times.  Hope they get that rematch in Poland one day.

RiOtChEsS

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2016, 12:42:57 PM
who is conor?

Edited, I was looking at the previous person's post!  :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 14, 2016, 01:00:44 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2016, 12:42:57 PM
who is conor?

Edited, I was looking at the previous person's post!  :P
haha yeah ive never heard of her :P

Dudge

Does anybody think we'll see Conor v Khabib anytime soon?, or should I say ever

Would love to see that fight 8)

j959

Quote from: Dudge on November 14, 2016, 04:52:30 PM
Does anybody think we'll see Conor v Khabib anytime soon?, or should I say ever

Would love to see that fight 8)
That's got to be an option the match-makers are looking at ... though I think Tony Ferguson has a case to make too - all at lightweight mind you ...

I don't deny Conor his due but I think the UFC should be consistent and have taken the featherweight title from him when he chose to go on his 'revenge tour' against Diaz instead of defending his featherweight title, so i'd say the two-division title holder moniker is a little tainted ...  ;)

Isn't it defer 2 title defences and then you lose it? (I realise sometimes 'some animals are more equal than others' - but isn't that what happened to Dominic Cruz?)

Woodley v Thompson - I didn't see it that close but still a good fight and Woodley retains ... I just don't get why Thompson didn't even try peppering Woodley's legs early on to take away some of his explosive power ... 'don't make no sense' ... though I accept maybe he was worried about getting caught and taken down too much?

RiOtChEsS

I wanna see Ferguson too, Russian guy is hittable and was touched by Johnson, Ferguson is a whole different beast, matches him in every aspect, in every attribute, it's the most aesthetically pleasing fight i can picture...

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2016, 05:17:11 PM
I wanna see Ferguson too, Russian guy is hittable and was touched by Johnson, Ferguson is a whole different beast, matches him in every aspect, in every attribute, it's the most aesthetically pleasing fight i can picture...
I missed Khabib's fight ... wouldn't him vs Conor be ok too??

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on November 14, 2016, 07:44:22 PM
maybe, he was very hittable though, "if" and thats a big "if" he can get conor down he can beat him, makes a very one dimensional fight for viewing, conor keeps it standing he thrashes him and vice versa...

Ferguson Vs McNuggets will be a wild west shootout with crazy techniques and styles weve only seen glimpses of, these 2 could bring out the best in each other and really put on an amazing striking show decided by whose chin is stronger or whose got a magic trick :-X

Dudge

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2016, 08:09:44 PM
maybe, he was very hittable though, "if" and thats a big "if" he can get conor down he can beat him, makes a very one dimensional fight for viewing, conor keeps it standing he thrashes him and vice versa...

Ferguson Vs McNuggets will be a wild west shootout with crazy techniques and styles weve only seen glimpses of, these 2 could bring out the best in each other and really put on an amazing striking show decided by whose chin is stronger or whose got a magic trick :-X

Agree mate, if it stays on the feet, Conor most likely knocks him out. If it goes to the ground, goodnight Conor

I feel if it's standing, it's Conor 80%, on the ground, it's Khabib 99.9%.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Dudge on November 14, 2016, 10:44:27 PM

Agree mate, if it stays on the feet, Conor most likely knocks him out. If it goes to the ground, goodnight Conor

which of the 2 fights would you wanna see Dudge?

Dudge

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2016, 11:20:47 PM

Probably prefer Conor v Khabib mate, but wouldn't be too fussed if either of those 2 fought Tony. Just hope Conner doesn't play around too long with the belts

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Dudge on November 15, 2016, 04:40:36 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2016, 11:20:47 PM

Probably prefer Conor v Khabib mate, but wouldn't be too fussed if either of those 2 fought Tony. Just hope Conner doesn't play around too long with the belts
rumors are he wants a third Diaz fight and that Woodley is more of a chance than Kabib or Ferguson

jvalles69

Woodley has come out and said if Conor wants it he'll sign right then and there.

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on November 16, 2016, 01:53:59 PM
Woodley has come out and said if Conor wants it he'll sign right then and there.
I just don't think it's realistic or fair to the overall integrity of the organisation to let him go for Woodley and the welterweight title when he hasn't defended the featherweight belt for some time by my recollection ...

I already feel that the simultaneous 'two division title holder' moniker is a little tainted because of this, not that I don't think he's deserving - I have a sneaking suspicion he might let the featherweight title go now because I've seen reports from his coach that he doesn't want him to cut to featherweight anymore ...

I've seen other commentary that indicates that McG v Diaz III is the 'money fight' so why not strike while the iron's hot??