Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 06, 2016, 01:49:51 PM
Foxtel set to record Fridays and Saturdays events, UFC200 booked, pulled pork with coleslaw set to go!  8)

Prelims start at 8am right?

Nice

I'll be at a mates place watching UFC then straight into wce north

He informs me the keg is ready to go!

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 06, 2016, 07:34:15 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 06, 2016, 01:49:51 PM
Foxtel set to record Fridays and Saturdays events, UFC200 booked, pulled pork with coleslaw set to go!  8)

Prelims start at 8am right?

Nice

I'll be at a mates place watching UFC then straight into wce north

He informs me the keg is ready to go!

Oh shower, forgot about that game!  What a day!  8)

jvalles69

FARK!  DC vs Bones has been pulled form the card due to a drug test during Jones suspension.  Apparently the investigation won't be done prior to the fight so it's been dropped.  Hunt vs Lesner the main event.  :'(

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 07, 2016, 03:38:27 PM
FARK!  DC vs Bones has been pulled form the card due to a drug test during Jones suspension.  Apparently the investigation won't be done prior to the fight so it's been dropped.  Hunt vs Lesner the main event.  :'(

Yeah that's crap, although they reckon they might be able to find an opponent for DC in time but still

RaisyDaisy

Main Event with no Title on the line for such an event is pretty crap

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 07, 2016, 04:47:00 PM

Wonder if they've posed the question to McGregor and Diaz?

Hellopplz

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 07, 2016, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 07, 2016, 04:47:00 PM
Wonder if they've posed the question to McGregor and Diaz?
The money to drag them to headline would be quite a bit!

It's a damn shame, cause even if DC gets a short notice opponent, it won't be the same worthy headliner :(. Jones though, not sure what to say there. They gave him a chance and within a year caught again. He's a great fighter but with all these things coming up, not sure if he'll ever get back into his peaks of past years.

Given the card will still be beast from the names on there.

RiOtChEsS

Jon Jones ffs ::)

So the top 2 matches they booked for 200 are cooked and the main event is headlined by a star on loan from another company ;D ;D

RaisyDaisy

Look I'll be honest, I don't follow UFC much at all. I mean I do watch it from time to time, but I'm not a avid follower

I don't mind it, just not something I really follow but I'm happy to watch any main events and being a WWE fan I guess seeing Brock back in action has me interested

But now that 2 main events have been binned, are there actually any other big fights on this card? Seems quite underwhelming to someone like myself who isn't a die hard follower

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 08, 2016, 11:39:48 AM
Look I'll be honest, I don't follow UFC much at all. I mean I do watch it from time to time, but I'm not a avid follower

I don't mind it, just not something I really follow but I'm happy to watch any main events and being a WWE fan I guess seeing Brock back in action has me interested

But now that 2 main events have been binned, are there actually any other big fights on this card? Seems quite underwhelming to someone like myself who isn't a die hard follower
still a wicked card, gonna be some ripper fights, i just rekn the ufc brass have a sore bum with how it has panned out

jvalles69

Anderson Silva replacing Bones?!?!  :o

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 08, 2016, 04:07:01 PM
NO WAY???!?!?!!

SERIOUS??!   :o    8)   ;) 

DazBurg

Quote from: j959 on July 08, 2016, 08:09:50 PM
NO WAY???!?!?!!

yup
confirmed it is at 205 pounds 3 rounds non title

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on July 08, 2016, 08:39:13 PM
Quote from: j959 on July 08, 2016, 08:09:50 PM
NO WAY???!?!?!!

yup
confirmed it is at 205 pounds 3 rounds non title
Anderson Silva via Triangle ;)

Hellopplz

Crazy replacement! But probably better than almost any actual LHW they would find on short notice so kudos to Anderson for stepping up :D. DC should probably still win it with his strength advantage :P.

All good RD, it's a shame that some names pull out but should still be a great card! Now the card is apparently headlined by Tate vs Nunes, which could be a decent match, not sure if UFC 200 headline worthy :P. Lesnar vs Hunt has everybody curious, and DC vs Silva will be another just because it's a freakshow-esqe style fight. A Former HW takes on a MW moving up so may be one sided, or it could be competitive if Anderson can find form of his past years. Aldo Vs Edgar should be a nice fight (but probably more technical than brutal), but Velasquez vs Browne can fill in for the power punching and whatnot the above may lack! Undercard is pretty good as well with 2 former champs and a few barnburners depending when the PPV starts for the prelims. Still a great card especially if splitting it with friends for a nice afternoon. Just hope the card lives up to it!

As for today's card, won't post spoilers, but wow that LW title match ending! The heart shown and the chin :o :o :o. Not to mention the HW result on there, can see why they did it, but he barely did anything besides little bursts to really pull through.