Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

I think Jones looked more nervous than rusty, it's been awhile since he's been in the Octagon.  DC said it best, it was so hard for him to give up this fight due to Jones being out of the ring for so long, this was the time he could be beaten, now he's back on track and should destroy DC again.

Big props to Mighty Mouse, so dominant.

jvalles69

If you haven't done so yet, get a hold of the 1st ep of the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter which started last week, it does not disappoint and there should be some good fights this season!

Hellopplz

I may have to binge watch it in a month's time as pretty busy :(.

Watched a bit of the PPV on Sunday. Jones did look rusty, but still looked dominant and controlled OSP well. Might Mouse kept on doing what he does, really has cleared out the division and could make some money off of a Cruz Vs DJ fight as he was the last person to defeat him. But doubt that'd get as much interest as a lower weight but would be awesome to watch!

Also Whittaker continues on his MW win streak since moving up 8). Reckon since he's already top 10, they may give him a top 5 guy next, or at least another top guy to try and get another big win under his belt. Was getting ripped apart by those leg kicks by Natal but his boxing and heart kept him going, kept pressuring and landing some nice shots.

jvalles69

Jones vs DC confirmed for UFC 200!  flower yes, these guys wanna tear each other apart!

Also...

"White has now indicated that McGregor's next fight needs to be a 145-pound title defense against the winner of an interim title fight between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar, which is also scheduled for UFC 200. White told ESPN.com that if McGregor refuses and is intent on fighting Diaz, he will have to forfeit the featherweight championship."

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!  ;D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 28, 2016, 11:27:38 AM
Jones vs DC confirmed for UFC 200!  flower yes, these guys wanna tear each other apart!

Also...

"White has now indicated that McGregor's next fight needs to be a 145-pound title defense against the winner of an interim title fight between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar, which is also scheduled for UFC 200. White told ESPN.com that if McGregor refuses and is intent on fighting Diaz, he will have to forfeit the featherweight championship."

haha fk yes, glad they didnt fold, fk mcquitter

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on April 28, 2016, 11:39:00 AM

Also...

Dana just made Conor his dog.

Reminds me of that Chris Rock joke, "Shaq is rich, the guy who pays his wage is WEALTHY".  ;D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 28, 2016, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on April 28, 2016, 11:39:00 AM

Also...

Dana just made Conor his dog.

Reminds me of that Chris Rock joke, "Shaq is rich, the guy who pays his wage is WEALTHY".  ;D
haha yep "not to many black men are WEALTHY"

jvalles69

Anyone watch the latest event?  Gunnar, Struve and Overeem fights were sick!

Also Anderson Silva has been pulled from the fight against Uriah Hall, has been having abdo pain and needs to remove his gall bladder.  Damn that was going to be a good fight!  :(

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 11, 2016, 10:15:44 PM

Also Anderson Silva has been pulled from the fight against Uriah Hall, has been having abdo pain and needs to remove his gall bladder.  Damn that was going to be a good fight!  :(
nah i missed it, seen the reem ko on sportscenter, heard siver is also out from the bj penn fight

DazBurg

yeah and silva out of 198
still a bloody good card though

Hellopplz

Siver out and Cole Miller in against BJ Penn.

Sucks to here about Silva though, was basically gonna be a bunch of Brazillian MMA legends on that card haha.

I caught it! Gunnar certainly picking it up! Overeem lifting his game and surely gets the next crack at the title now. And all I can say is WOW to Struve getting a KO like that, even if it is to Bigfoot. Think Bigfoot should retire for his own health at this stage :-\.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 12, 2016, 11:29:47 PM
Siver out and Cole Miller in against BJ Penn.

Sucks to here about Silva though, was basically gonna be a bunch of Brazillian MMA legends on that card haha.

I caught it! Gunnar certainly picking it up! Overeem lifting his game and surely gets the next crack at the title now. And all I can say is WOW to Struve getting a KO like that, even if it is to Bigfoot. Think Bigfoot should retire for his own health at this stage :-\.

Nooooo really? Cole Miller is so bloody long and good on the ground, dont like that matchup at all for BJ :(

Cookie311993

Since the TRT got banned Bigfoot has had no chin.

jvalles69

Quote from: Cookie311993 on May 13, 2016, 12:32:14 PM
Since the TRT got banned Bigfoot has had no chin.

He prob needs to retire, he actually needs the drug for his condition, but isn't allowed it.  He looks like he's had a makeover though from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy with those new locks and beard, haha.

Cookie311993

The swagger haircut and beard