Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Just watched the card last night.  Was all over Meisha for the win, still think Rhonda was too cocky and Holly got lucky with that kick, Rhonda will now take the belt back off Meisha and dominate for another 10 or so fights.

Nate "I wasn't surprised m@@tha f$#ckas" Diaz!  Never seen Nate that focused before, shows what he's capable of when it's not screwing around taunting his opponent!

RiOtChEsS

Rumors are Diaz Vs Mcquitter 2 at UFC 200

Jake Matthews got his best win, sniffed Case breaking and finished him

Neil Magny :o holy fk this guy has heart, he was rocked and ragdolled by Hector Lombard in the 1st and came back to break him 8)

DazBurg

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 04:38:00 PM

Neil Magny :o holy fk this guy has heart, he was rocked and ragdolled by Hector Lombard in the 1st and came back to break him 8)

Lombard should work on his cardio
i get it his an explosive finisher etc

but really either you weather the storm (i know easier said then done)
or take him to the ground

but he was gassed tot he point of just laying there

i thought Thatch the other week was bad

on other news Mark Hunt in his last two fight (silva and this one)
looking great (not just because he won)
i mean i reckon his fittest his been the hard work paying dividends imo

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on March 20, 2016, 09:19:44 PM

yeah agreed, although Mir's gameplan was terrible, commentator called it, his takedown attempts were coming without any striking to set it it up, he really looked as though he didnt want to get close to Hunt, which made him predictable... credit to Hunt, he still had to hit him

DazBurg

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 09:27:41 PM

yeah agreed, although Mir's gameplan was terrible, commentator called it, his takedown attempts were coming without any striking to set it it up, he really looked as though he didnt want to get close to Hunt, which made him predictable... credit to Hunt, he still had to hit him
yeah and Mir despite being a taller guy looked more out of shape....when watching both mir had fat hand over a little bit of his shorts hunt did not (unlike he kind f used too)

Mir looked like a mini Roy Nelson....ok extremely mini...lol

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on March 20, 2016, 10:19:34 PM

yeah and Mir despite being a taller guy looked more out of shape....when watching both mir had fat hand over a little bit of his shorts hunt did not (unlike he kind f used too)

i think it was on purpose, he has done it before, wanted the extra weight to smother Hunt once on the ground i guess

DazBurg

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 10:23:54 PM

i think it was on purpose, he has done it before, wanted the extra weight to smother Hunt once on the ground i guess
yeah they did mention something like that in the post fight show with Brian stann and Dan Hardy

and they both said he would of been better off dropping 10 more

though stann did say if Mir had submitted Hunt in 2 minutes then it would be hailed a success so it is hard to judge...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on March 20, 2016, 11:53:29 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on March 20, 2016, 10:23:54 PM

yeah they did mention something like that in the post fight show with Brian stann and Dan Hardy

and they both said he would of been better off dropping 10 more

though stann did say if Mir had submitted Hunt in 2 minutes then it would be hailed a success so it is hard to judge...
yeah bang on, that fight was lost upstairs imo, he didnt want to get close enough to Hunt to setup the level change with strikes which in turn made him predictable, still gotta credit Hunt he timed that punch the 4th time he made the mistake 8)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on April 02, 2016, 06:20:02 PM
wow cormier injured had to withdraw

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Daniel-Cormier-Injured-Pulled-From-UFC-197-Rematch-with-Jon-Jones-102753
yep there were whispers of this a few days back, somebody seen him hobbling around and reported it to MMA outlets

RiOtChEsS

jvalles69

Latest card was fairly uneventful, JDS looked good.  Twas enough to whet my appetite for the upcoming cards!  :D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 12, 2016, 02:25:16 PM
Latest card was fairly uneventful, JDS looked good.  Twas enough to whet my appetite for the upcoming cards!  :D
there was some good finishes...

Derrick Lewis is a scary mo fo

JDS was very simple in his approach, got the win, but that strategy wont hold true against a Werdum, Velasquez or Overeem

Francis Ngannou also looked an up and comer

Jan Blachowicz and Igor Pokrajac had a wild slugfest, shocked that it made it the distance

Cummings Vs Dalby was another top fight with both fighters hurt at different points of the fight

Mairbek Taisumov is a scary man, legit power

Maryna Moroz and Cristina Stanciu had a bit of a yawner apart from one moment where a head kick got stuck in the others bra and oops a booby popped out ;D ;D ;D

jvalles69

Lol!

Yeah Lewis is going to do some damage and seems to be one mean MoFo even prancing around while his opponent was out.  Kept wailing on the guy too with no signs of stopping until the ref jumped in.  :o

jvalles69

So apparently McGregor has come out and tweeted that he's retiring young.  Dana has pulled him from the UFC 200 card as he failed to meet media obligations.  Something more to this here, or it's another publicity stunt.  He was also at a match where one the guys died so this could've prompted the retirement.  If he has retired, he goes out losing to Diaz and looking like an even bigger douche than ever.  No legacy for this guy, he doesn't deserve it.