Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Yeah I recorded the next show after Jvalles. But even then, got lucky as they switched the program halfway through that show to a UFC Main Card. Lucky the Main Event JUST finished before it stopped recording for me.

But it's always a pain as happens every fight night card >:(.

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 19, 2016, 12:59:17 PM
It's sad really, i can't even be happy for Cruz which is an amazing comeback story

The judging needs to be addressed, even after a night to sleep on it and watch the fight again i feel the same way
If they judge it on percentage landed/missed as well, then it becomes closer. But the judging was all over the place with those 49-46 cards.

RiOtChEsS

New just in Velasquez has hurt himself, Miocic Vs Werdum

DazBurg

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 25, 2016, 02:38:38 PM

well miocic wanted his shot and his got it

DazBurg

Quote from: DazBurg on January 25, 2016, 05:32:55 PM

Fabrico Werdum has now pulled out  :-\

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on January 26, 2016, 10:04:34 AM

w0w poor miocic :o

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 26, 2016, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on January 26, 2016, 10:04:34 AM

w0w poor miocic :o
whispers of Jon Jones v Miocic for HWT?!?!?   :o   ???   ;)

Hellopplz

Interim Championship you mean J ;).

They can't find a replacement headliner, so UFC196 has now turned into a UFC Fox Sports 1 Card. Has a few decent fights to be a nice card since won't be a main event.

RiOtChEsS

Yesssssss more free fights :D

RiOtChEsS

Northcutt had no ground game and quit because he had enough

Ben Rothwell is just a bad mofo, really enjoying his fights, as unique a fighter as there is atm

Rumble young man rumble 8)

Hellopplz

Bader made a bad call there! Had nothing for Rumble. And shame as they fed the other two top contenders to Rumble, who got smashed by Cormier. So if the Jones fight doesn't get going, and Cormier then defeats Rumble again, I reckon we will see HW Rumble come back (The same one who defeated Arlovski) :o.

Agree on Northcutt, got to the ground and tapped fairly fast considering the position. Hopefully learns from it as he is young as (19).

I reckon Rothwell has the claim as #1 contender to be fair, as Overeem and submitting Barnett in the current streak. He just wants to beat everybody, so I like that attitude :P.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 01, 2016, 04:07:00 PM
Bader made a bad call there! Had nothing for Rumble. And shame as they fed the other two top contenders to Rumble, who got smashed by Cormier. So if the Jones fight doesn't get going, and Cormier then defeats Rumble again, I reckon we will see HW Rumble come back (The same one who defeated Arlovski) :o.

Agree on Northcutt, got to the ground and tapped fairly fast considering the position. Hopefully learns from it as he is young as (19).

I reckon Rothwell has the claim as #1 contender to be fair, as Overeem and submitting Barnett in the current streak. He just wants to beat everybody, so I like that attitude :P.
yeah Rothwell was ranked too low considering

Bader had to setup his shot with hands but obviously wanted no part of Rumble's hands, i rekn he can beat Cormier, has to fight smarter than the last fight though

Hellopplz

Yeah but rankings pretty useless at times :P. As long as Cain doesn't get immediate rematch after these injuries I'm all good.

I still see DC taking a rematch with Rumble, but the power he has is scary. If he works on his tank a little more and fights smart like you said (and not blow his tank going all out for the kill) he could give some trouble. I'd love to see him and Jones go at it though, see how Jones fights against the guy with the hardest hits at LHW.

jvalles69

Just got a chance to watch this card, Rothwell is one scary mofo.  Imagine hitting a guy in the face hard and he's still just walking towards you!  :o

The Rumble fight was brutal, good take down defense and then was all over Bader.  I think he will do better against Cormier the 2nd time around, I think nerves got to Rumble a bit on the big stage and a loss like that can only make him better.  Should be some fun fights coming up between those 3 guys in Cormier, Jones and Rumble.  Maybe Jones will do a Conor and go for light heavyweight and heavyweight belts!

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on February 02, 2016, 01:56:53 PM
Just got a chance to watch this card, Rothwell is one scary mofo.  Imagine hitting a guy in the face hard and he's still just walking towards you!  :o

The Rumble fight was brutal, good take down defense and then was all over Bader.  I think he will do better against Cormier the 2nd time around, I think nerves got to Rumble a bit on the big stage and a loss like that can only make him better.  Should be some fun fights coming up between those 3 guys in Cormier, Jones and Rumble.  Maybe Jones will do a Conor and go for light heavyweight and heavyweight belts!
i'm not sure what's happening now - haven't kept up to date properly.

But Jones was tweeting for HWT and not an interim belt - not sure if joking or making the claim for it to save the card I read?

Unfortunately i'm taking a stand on domestic violence and I won't be watching any Rumble fights in the foreseeable future unless he changes his attitude. UFC still has some issues with this (like all of general society) but I don't like the way the last Rumble incident was handled by UFC or Johnson himself so i'm doing my own small (probably insignificant boycott or any card with him in it) ...

Hellopplz

I'm with you J, I was actually rooting for Bader that fight (same with when he's faced DC and Gus). I hate how they try to cover up all the stuff Rumble has said and has done as he is one of their top fighters. Sure he's a great fighter but he sounds like a horrible person (even heard about a gym incident where he was gloating about belittling a woman stretching/doing yoga in the gym next to weights). I just can't find myself rooting for a guy like that, no matter how good he is.

UFC just aren't consistent with their policy, only do it when it doesn't hurt their business that much.