Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Not a 100% sure of this, but i've heard Dana the DH, won't let Holly fight until the rematch with Rousey.

Now I know Holly will/should make a truck-load of money from that fight, but Rousey makes a couple of spaghetti westerns in between and Holly has to wait :o

I swear, I'm hating the fat bald headed pig face guy by the minute.

On a happier note :), anyone watching Lawler v Condit today?

DazBurg

Quote from: Dudge on January 03, 2016, 01:11:27 PM
Not a 100% sure of this, but i've heard Dana the DH, won't let Holly fight until the rematch with Rousey.

Now I know Holly will/should make a truck-load of money from that fight, but Rousey makes a couple of spaghetti westerns in between and Holly has to wait :o

I swear, I'm hating the fat bald headed pig face guy by the minute.

On a happier note :), anyone watching Lawler v Condit today?
yup been watching and now just waiting for the championship fight to come on

edit: just watching robbie come out had a gut instinct he could lose this one dunno why thoguh

DazBurg

i was going for Robbie but after watching that Condit got robbed

Hellopplz

I missed :(. Watching the Prelims now though, was more interested in them than the main card anyway (besides Lawler Vs Condit) :P.

That sounds so bad Dudge. Can see why they want to do that, cause big money rematch, much like Silva Vs Weidman or GSP Vs Hendricks (would have been). Given Holly wanted to fight Meisha which is a danger cause Meisha isn't a slouch on the ground, so maybe Dana just doesn't want to lose the money match.

Cerrone moving up to 170 as well to fight Tim Means in a Fight Card Headliner :o. Imagine him Vs Matt Brown!!

Bill Manspeaker

Carlos was flowerin robbed!

T Dog

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 03, 2016, 09:17:01 PM
Carlos was flowerin robbed!

Robbed???  He was UFC'd Big Time  :o

Dudge

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 03, 2016, 09:09:06 PM
I missed :(. Watching the Prelims now though, was more interested in them than the main card anyway (besides Lawler Vs Condit) :P.

That sounds so bad Dudge. Can see why they want to do that, cause big money rematch, much like Silva Vs Weidman or GSP Vs Hendricks (would have been). Given Holly wanted to fight Meisha which is a danger cause Meisha isn't a slouch on the ground, so maybe Dana just doesn't want to lose the money match.

Cerrone moving up to 170 as well to fight Tim Means in a Fight Card Headliner :o. Imagine him Vs Matt Brown!!
[/

Understand HP, but you have to admit, it's all about Rhotunda

Sorry guys, don't like the way this is playing out

Hellopplz

Yeah agree with you Dudge. The division was only brought about because of Ronda and all the hype around her. Now she's in Hollywood she's an even bigger star. Dana and the UFC will do all they can to get her back that title, even if Holly has to sit out a while even when she wants to fight.

If Ronda loses that rematch though, I can see her retiring unless UFC can talk her into a super fight with Cyborg.

RiOtChEsS

Condit should feel slighted... the judges obviously didnt count that knockdown he got on RL in the 1st, called it a slip/push

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 04, 2016, 11:38:00 AM
Condit should feel slighted... the judges obviously didnt count that knockdown he got on RL in the 1st, called it a slip/push
I had it for Condit 3rds to 2 and I was puzzled originally as I thought one judge gave 48-46 to Lawler but I found out later they were all 48-47 (I think from memory) with 2 out of the 3 judges giving Lawler 3rds but after my initial feelings of disappointment for Condit I wouldn't go anywhere near saying that it was a robbery.

Condit threw more and landed more and controlled the fight a lot more but Lawler looked dangerous in 4 out of 5 rounds and had the heavier significant strikes imo - so whilst I still think the judges should have given it to Condit, I can still see that it was close and a bee's d**k between them overall so I can see why the split decision went to the champ - in no way would I say that it was a 'robbery' but if I was Condit or his camp I would be disappointed but I wouldn't be calling foul.

What's this about Holly not being able to fight until Ronda is ready??  :o   ???   ::)
that's a pretty sh*tty contract her team got her to sign with the UFC if they're able to hold her back like that - esp as she's the champ - if a challenger wants to fight for the title it should have more weight for the champ to call the shots and not the other way round!  ::)   ;)

j959

Quote from: j959 on January 07, 2016, 02:14:17 PM
What's this about Holly not being able to fight until Ronda is ready??  :o   ???   ::)
that's a pretty sh*tty contract her team got her to sign with the UFC if they're able to hold her back like that - esp as she's the champ - if a challenger wants to fight for the title it should have more weight for the champ to call the shots and not the other way round!  ::)   ;)

Apparently Dana says this is not true ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605694-holly-holm-vs-ronda-rousey-2-dana-white-reveals-surprising-new-development

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on January 07, 2016, 02:14:17 PM
I had it for Condit 3rds to 2 and I was puzzled originally as I thought one judge gave 48-46 to Lawler but I found out later they were all 48-47 (I think from memory) with 2 out of the 3 judges giving Lawler 3rds but after my initial feelings of disappointment for Condit I wouldn't go anywhere near saying that it was a robbery.

Condit threw more and landed more and controlled the fight a lot more but Lawler looked dangerous in 4 out of 5 rounds and had the heavier significant strikes imo - so whilst I still think the judges should have given it to Condit, I can still see that it was close and a bee's d**k between them overall so I can see why the split decision went to the champ - in no way would I say that it was a 'robbery' but if I was Condit or his camp I would be disappointed but I wouldn't be calling foul.

If Condit didnt win that fight then i know nothing :-X
even his corner told him he needed to win the last 2 rounds and he lost the 4th comfortably
to give you an idea how sportsbet were seeing it, for my $25 outlay i could cash out at the conclusions of
RD1 for $5, RD2 for $8, RD3 for $2 and RD4 for $1...
to give you perspective, that bet when a fighter is winning usually offers between $30 and $35 with the odds Lawler was paying...

jvalles69

Some solid cards coming up!

Fight Night Jan 18
Dillashaw vs Cruz
Pettis vs Alvarez
Browne vs Mitrione

Fight Night Jan 31
Rumble vs Bader
Barnett vs Rothwell
Northcutt vs Holbrook

UFC 196 Feb 7
Werdum vs Velasquez