Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

watching the weigh ins, tomorrow is gonna be well supported :o

RiOtChEsS

Rousey just intimidated Holm massively

Hellopplz

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 14, 2015, 10:34:46 AM
Rousey just intimidated Holm massively
I think Holly stayed composed well, good on her for not flinching and allowing Ronda to get in her head!

Prelims were pretty good. A few finishes and Matthews Vs Arreola was probably the best of them! Noke Vs Sobotta had a sweet finish so catch that end if you can.

Mr.Craig

Jay

DOWN GOES RONDA :o

Nige

That kick was brutal.

Hellopplz

I'm gutted I miss. GF and her mum dragged me out so missed the fight :'(. I saw the kick on the news, and  :o :o :o.

And Whittaker beat Hall :D :D.

AaronKirk

How flowering good was the fight.

The cocky dog got what she deserved. After she got hit by 2 early punches she should have known she wasn't going to win a striking fight but continued that way anyway.

Dudge

Rhonda got the F.c knocked out of her. Finally met someone who could get of the ground and actually fight

Jay

Ronda tried to beat Holly at her own game - not a smart move. Basically 90% of the fight was a boxing match. Which was strange because Ronda never fights like that.. I think she got too cocky and that led her away from what she does best :-X

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on November 15, 2015, 11:12:51 PM
Ronda tried to beat Holly at her own game - not a smart move. Basically 90% of the fight was a boxing match. Which was strange because Ronda never fights like that.. I think she got too cocky and that led her away from what she does best :-X
yeah she had zero head movement, just stalking Holy down with zero head movement, very unusual

Jay

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 15, 2015, 11:47:33 PM
yeah she had zero head movement, just stalking Holy down with zero head movement, very unusual
Will be interesting to see what adjustments she makes in a rematch.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on November 15, 2015, 11:53:15 PM
definitely credit to Holy Holm she fought amazingly, zero KO's in 3 UFC fights and then bam lights up the best :o

Ronda lacked head movement and patience, i think the media train turning on her recently did her head in, again not discrediting Holm

Hellopplz

Back to her out of UFC form! She was KOing a heap of ladies before she came in, and looked tentative once she entered the UFC. But that was some display from what I saw on the highlights.

Totally agree there. She tried to take her down a few times to no avail, but standing was a bad gameplan :-X. Rashad was talking pre-match about how Holly's left straight was tough to defend even if you saw it coming. He really did call it :o.

Jay

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on November 15, 2015, 11:57:32 PM
Quote from: Jayman on November 15, 2015, 11:53:15 PM
definitely credit to Holy Holm she fought amazingly, zero KO's in 3 UFC fights and then bam lights up the best :o

Ronda lacked head movement and patience, i think the media train turning on her recently did her head in, again not discrediting Holm
Agreed, she's obviously not as good of a boxer as Holly is, yet kept trying to be..  It kinda made sense the way the fight played out, even though it was a big upset. Holm had a significant reach advantage so could just control the range and keep Rousey out of her spots.

Full credit to Holm, had a great gameplan and executed it perfectly against the best of the best.