Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

They keep AJ on cause he's a big name. If he was a lower name and no market value, he'd have been gone by now.

Demetrius Johnson's dominance continues :o. Dodson and Benavidez were likely the two biggest challenges and both have been beaten twice. I can see Dodson going up to Bantamweight and after a win or two re-challenging TJ (given he holds the belt that long). It's a logical move as a more decisive victory this time.

I caught the prelims to the card. Lineker had trouble cutting to 125, moved up and had a short but hard-hitting brawl with Rivera. The move doesn't seem to have slowed his progress as he showed some power + a pretty good chin.

Also, an update on the Melbourne card! Another title will Co-Main the card, with Jo-Jed defending the Strawweight title against Valerie Letourneau. She's on a 3 fight win-streak in the UFC and last victory came over an undefeated Moroz (the girl who defeated Calderwood in her UFC debut). Not bad I guess, makes the main card better than it was before so can't complain at all!

RiOtChEsS

yeah that card is filling out nicely

Lineker fight was wicked good, reminded me of Bart and Lisa, im just gonna do this and if you walk into it its your fault ;D

i was wondering why Dodson hadnt considered that considering he beat Dillashaw

jvalles69

Ultimate Fighter season 22 just stated, Team McGregor vs Team Faber, hope Connors antics don't overshadow the fighters.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 12, 2015, 12:00:20 PM
Ultimate Fighter season 22 just stated, Team McGregor vs Team Faber, hope Connors antics don't overshadow the fighters.
haha cmon did u see his last press conference for 194? rekn there were guys in every division wanting to bash him ;D

DazBurg

see they posted about the tickets for UFC 193
14th is fight clue
17th or something is ticker master members
21st is public prices are

P1:$468
P2:$289.58
P3: $187.63
P4: $157.05
P5: $126.46
P6: $100.59

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 07, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
Quote from: j959 on September 07, 2015, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 07, 2015, 11:49:12 AM
DJ :o
Unfortunately missed it ... would have loved to have seen it but i'm making my own stand ... until the UFC takes some positive action and leadership OR Anthony Johnson makes some real behaviour change in his attitude towards women (where he's already been convicted on his own admission of assaulting a former partner) I will not be buying the PPV or going to the local pub/sports bar to watch any UFC card with Rumble on it ...

I felt so strongly about this issue that I did an online submission to their 'media relations' department - not that I reckon it'd make much difference.

there will be low PPV numbers I suspect because most of the uneducated fans don't get the skill levels of the flyweight division but I wanted the UFC to know I didn't watch not because of Demetrious Johnson who is a dominant champion, but because of the another Johnson being on the card ...

I love a redemption story as much as the other guy and I was happy that Rumble got a 2nd chance in the UFC - you'll see previous posts from me in this topic chain where I was shocked at Rumble's ability to cut down to the welterweight level and now he's fighting at light-heavy ...

but if the UFC is going to be fair dinkum about 'zero tolerance' on issues such as PEDs and domestic violence, then you shouldn't pick and choose when to exercise that policy ... that's my two cents, sorry to get on the 'soap box' but I love my MMA and UFC but the promotion has made this really difficult for me of late ...   :(    :'(

:-\
i wasnt even aware of the domestic violence incident, im with you though its not on period :-X

DJ was super dominant, shut Dodson down completely, coulnt even pull the trigger on his offense
yeah, I don't want to be a hypocrite as I did watch Mayweather v Pacquiao but I didn't realise that Mayweather had a similar if not worse DV record but i'd already committed to the PPV with my mate before I knew about his history - I'd like to think that if I had found out before I would have similarly boycotted it ...

I know I did yesterday even though Mayweather v Berto had no big public interest in it really ...

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 07, 2015, 07:18:58 PM
They keep AJ on cause he's a big name. If he was a lower name and no market value, he'd have been gone by now.
that's the exact hypocrisy from the UFC that i'm talking about ... sometimes you just have to have standards and leadership ... UFC really disappointing on that front at the moment i'm afraid ...  :-X   :P

DazBurg

anyone buy any tickets in the end?
to UFC 193
on sale to general public today for those unaware

j959

Quote from: DazBurg on September 21, 2015, 01:53:41 PM
to UFC 193
unfortunately I haven't been able to organise myself ...   :(

when did they add Ronda to the card??  :'(
I thought this card was going to be head-lined by Lawler v Condit?? - did someone get injured and they had to push it back??

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on September 23, 2015, 03:37:03 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 21, 2015, 01:53:41 PM
to UFC 193
unfortunately I haven't been able to organise myself ...   :(

when did they add Ronda to the card??  :'(
I thought this card was going to be head-lined by Lawler v Condit?? - did someone get injured and they had to push it back??
yeah Lawler, thumb... then they beefed it up further by adding Jchek

RiOtChEsS

if u eat a spinning back kick followed by a flying knee... ya gonna have a bad time :D

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 27, 2015, 03:26:41 PM
if u eat a spinning back kick followed by a flying knee... ya gonna have a bad time :D

That was epic, Hall doing what he does best and it's been a long time coming.  Massive win!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 27, 2015, 04:23:11 PM

That was epic, Hall doing what he does best and it's been a long time coming.  Massive win!
the timing on that kick was insane, target was closer to him than the usual SBK's 8)

DazBurg

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 27, 2015, 04:54:54 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 27, 2015, 04:23:11 PM

the timing on that kick was insane, target was closer to him than the usual SBK's 8)

yup was a thing of beauty indeed :D

DazBurg

Bisping withdraws Uriah Hall is in at UFC 193
damnit wish i bought tickets now

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DazBurg on October 01, 2015, 09:08:03 PM
Bisping withdraws Uriah Hall is in at UFC 193
damnit wish i bought tickets now
its gonna be their biggest event ever if Etihad packs out, they will be back with bigger better fights bro ;)