Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

bit of a disappointing card asides from Lawler Vs Condit, all the same suspects from UFC Adelaide :-\

DazBurg

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 22, 2015, 09:24:59 AM
bit of a disappointing card asides from Lawler Vs Condit, all the same suspects from UFC Adelaide :-\
yeah pretty similer
though whittaker vs bisping could be a ripper

Hellopplz

Quote from: DazBurg on August 22, 2015, 09:29:05 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 22, 2015, 09:24:59 AM
yeah pretty similer
though whittaker vs bisping could be a ripper
Agreed, I like how they added Bisping to the card and a highly anticipated rematch + a title match. Just reckon they should have build the lower bit of the Main Card to really make a big deal of it. Or added a better Co-Main with another 1-2 big names.

On a side note, Holloway Vs Oliveira on Monday! Canadian card but the Main Event should be pretty awesome as both guys are young and on win streaks and been very impressive since their last losses (to Conor McGregor and Frankie Edgar respectively :o ).

Mat0369

Looking at the card I probably won't bother forking out the cash for a ticket, they are going to be pretty pricey.

DazBurg

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 22, 2015, 02:49:24 PM
Looking at the card I probably won't bother forking out the cash for a ticket, they are going to be pretty pricey.
yeah that's the problem even if it was a great card dunno if i'd part with how much it costs.....the adelaide one was expensive so i figure this will be as much if not more

j959

Quote from: DazBurg on August 22, 2015, 06:59:40 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on August 22, 2015, 02:49:24 PM
yeah that's the problem even if it was a great card dunno if i'd part with how much it costs.....the adelaide one was expensive so i figure this will be as much if not more
probably better for me then, have a chance at getting a ticket if not way too exxy - does anyone know when details for purchase will be released??

BratPack

Quote from: DazBurg on August 22, 2015, 08:45:52 AM
CONFIRMED FIGHTS FOR UFC 193 MELBOURNE

Robbie Lawler (26-10-0 1 NC) v Carlos Condit (30-8-0) (UFC welterweight championship)

Mark Hunt (10-9-1) v Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (19-7-0 1 NC) (heavyweight)

Robert Whitakker (14-4-0) v Michael Bisping (28-7-0) (middleweight)

Jake Matthews (9-1-0) v Akbarh Arreola (23-9-1) (lightweight)

Kyle Noke (20-7-1) v Peter Sobotta (15-4-1) (welterweight)

Anthony Perosh (15-9-0) v Gian Villante (13-5-0) (light-heavyweight)

Daniel Kelly (9-1-0) v Ricardo Abreu (5-2-0) (middleweight)

Richard Walsh (8-4-0) v Steve Kennedy (22-7-0) (welterweight)

been trying to see about tickets on UFC site it says general public September 21 10am not sure if that for over there only or that willl be the same ehre

Lawler injured his thumb and that match is off the card

The Main Event is now....

Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm (UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship)

Jay

ROUSEY IN AUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellopplz

Not a bad replacement really, miss Lawler Vs Condit but get the big attraction down under 8).

Also have Stefan Struve on the card now as well (against Jared Rosholt I think) :D.

RiOtChEsS

Levi434

Yes! Ronda  :-*

Must buy tickets!!

Jay

Quote from: Levi434 on August 30, 2015, 12:38:55 PM
Yes! Ronda  :-*

Must buy tickets!!
For a 15 second fight? :P

RiOtChEsS

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 07, 2015, 11:49:12 AM
DJ :o
Unfortunately missed it ... would have loved to have seen it but i'm making my own stand ... until the UFC takes some positive action and leadership OR Anthony Johnson makes some real behaviour change in his attitude towards women (where he's already been convicted on his own admission of assaulting a former partner) I will not be buying the PPV or going to the local pub/sports bar to watch any UFC card with Rumble on it ...

I felt so strongly about this issue that I did an online submission to their 'media relations' department - not that I reckon it'd make much difference.

there will be low PPV numbers I suspect because most of the uneducated fans don't get the skill levels of the flyweight division but I wanted the UFC to know I didn't watch not because of Demetrious Johnson who is a dominant champion, but because of the another Johnson being on the card ...

I love a redemption story as much as the other guy and I was happy that Rumble got a 2nd chance in the UFC - you'll see previous posts from me in this topic chain where I was shocked at Rumble's ability to cut down to the welterweight level and now he's fighting at light-heavy ...

but if the UFC is going to be fair dinkum about 'zero tolerance' on issues such as PEDs and domestic violence, then you shouldn't pick and choose when to exercise that policy ... that's my two cents, sorry to get on the 'soap box' but I love my MMA and UFC but the promotion has made this really difficult for me of late ...   :(    :'(

:-\

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on September 07, 2015, 12:05:34 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 07, 2015, 11:49:12 AM
DJ :o
Unfortunately missed it ... would have loved to have seen it but i'm making my own stand ... until the UFC takes some positive action and leadership OR Anthony Johnson makes some real behaviour change in his attitude towards women (where he's already been convicted on his own admission of assaulting a former partner) I will not be buying the PPV or going to the local pub/sports bar to watch any UFC card with Rumble on it ...

I felt so strongly about this issue that I did an online submission to their 'media relations' department - not that I reckon it'd make much difference.

there will be low PPV numbers I suspect because most of the uneducated fans don't get the skill levels of the flyweight division but I wanted the UFC to know I didn't watch not because of Demetrious Johnson who is a dominant champion, but because of the another Johnson being on the card ...

I love a redemption story as much as the other guy and I was happy that Rumble got a 2nd chance in the UFC - you'll see previous posts from me in this topic chain where I was shocked at Rumble's ability to cut down to the welterweight level and now he's fighting at light-heavy ...

but if the UFC is going to be fair dinkum about 'zero tolerance' on issues such as PEDs and domestic violence, then you shouldn't pick and choose when to exercise that policy ... that's my two cents, sorry to get on the 'soap box' but I love my MMA and UFC but the promotion has made this really difficult for me of late ...   :(    :'(

:-\
i wasnt even aware of the domestic violence incident, im with you though its not on period :-X

DJ was super dominant, shut Dodson down completely, coulnt even pull the trigger on his offense