Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

BratPack

I can't take Rousey seriously and it has nothing to do with her abilities, she's a legit badass.

It's just that she looks like a buff Joss Stone.

valkorum

Ronda is a beast - end of story

Very disappointed with Hulk.  Took a hit and then basically curled up in a ball waiting for the ref to call it.

R.Griffen

I like when the underdog tries to get under the skin of the best. However Boxing, UFC, MMA and events like that isn't a good idea. The favourite/ the best is there for a reason and it is because they win and win convincingly and that's what Rousey did again

j959

have to say, UFC is starting to shower me a bit with the monopoly issues, Reebok deal, firing of 'Stitch' Duran, etc, etc ...

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 02, 2015, 04:17:48 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 02, 2015, 03:55:39 PM
34 seconds ;D

Pitbull was soft as, put on such a show before the fight and when own EASY, Rowdy took her out at her own game. GOAT!
she had to make a show of it to get a title shot - Ronda's cleared out the division before it even started!!!  :o   ;)

I like that she will hopefully cross MMA over into the main-stream - saw it already as channel 9 morning/today show (or similar) were talking about her - I also like that it gives young girls something to aspire to and now as a dad of a little girl I want her to be able to dream of being the next MMA GOAT or the next PM ...

bummed I missed Dillashaw v Barao and this card too ...  :(   but ... what's next??  ;)

Hellopplz

Rousey does what she always does. Think she is willing to fight on or headline the Melbourne card which don't think any matches have been named on yet. Probably why she was making headlines in Australia ;).

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on July 30, 2015, 10:49:02 AM
Dillishaw flowered up Barao easily, carried on like Anderson Silva in the octagon 8) his movement/feints have improved outta sight

Tate Vs Eye was probably fight of the night, Miesha has flat out gotta pair (pun intended) she has been in trouble in her last two fights but just bites down on the mouthpiece and guts it out, she just wants it more

Lauzon Vs Gomi was fail, Gomi just gave up his back, no he just gave up :-X Herb Dean forgot to call the fight so Joe did it for him :o

Edson Barboza fight was wild, Barboza is scary fast

I caught the card as well! Tate Vs Eye is good, agree Tate finds a way to grind out the victory. #2 easily in the division but just can't get over #1 obviously.

Barboza is scary as! Given Felder was given a huge step up because of his killer KO in his previous match. If Barboza can find consistency in his performances, then he'll be challenging for the belt in the next year or two.

Lauzon <3. Saw that sort of end coming, get Gomi down and then Joe would take it. I think he really didn't want to continue reigning down on Gomi which is why he got up prior to Herb calling it, so nice sportsmanship there.

Would love to see Dillashaw face others now outside of Barao! Assuncao surely to get his rematch now for the title. Then can give Cruz the shot next year or after a tune up fight. Dillashaw can't keep ducking Assuncao :P. But agree he has improved since his days on TUF, boxing/stand up has taken a huge leap.

jvalles69

Hellopplz

UFC 193 in Melbourne has its headliner! Lawler Vs Condit :o :o. Not a bad match up and get a title on the event! Wouldn't be surprised if they had Rousey co-main event as well as they really wanted to make a big deal of the event here.

Also Hendricks Vs Woodley is on for UFC 192, likely to decide the next shot at the Champ.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 06, 2015, 08:10:38 PM
UFC 193 in Melbourne has its headliner! Lawler Vs Condit :o :o. Not a bad match up and get a title on the event! Wouldn't be surprised if they had Rousey co-main event as well as they really wanted to make a big deal of the event here.

Also Hendricks Vs Woodley is on for UFC 192, likely to decide the next shot at the Champ.
that is a great style matchup with Lawler Vs Condit, may actually pose a threat to Robbie... rekn Hendricks will roll Woodley :-X

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 04, 2015, 06:30:09 PM
Would love to see Dillashaw face others now outside of Barao! Assuncao surely to get his rematch now for the title. Then can give Cruz the shot next year or after a tune up fight. Dillashaw can't keep ducking Assuncao :P. But agree he has improved since his days on TUF, boxing/stand up has taken a huge leap.
I don't think he's ducking Assuncao, but I agree with you on the tune-ups for Cruz - he got injured again since his last comeback fight against Mizugaki??

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 07, 2015, 10:01:59 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on August 06, 2015, 08:10:38 PM

that is a great style matchup with Lawler Vs Condit, may actually pose a threat to Robbie... rekn Hendricks will roll Woodley :-X
would be good if Ronda come down under but I read commentary somewhere that her next fight was tentatively scheduled for Dec 2015 ...  :-\

Hellopplz

Quote from: j959 on August 07, 2015, 12:32:15 PM
I don't think he's ducking Assuncao, but I agree with you on the tune-ups for Cruz - he got injured again since his last comeback fight against Mizugaki??
Tongue and cheek :P. Assuncao has just had a bad run of injuries. Hopefully he gets it eventually. And you're right with Cruz, he got injured after they had him and TJ set to face off. Cruz got injured a month or two out from the fight again :(.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 07, 2015, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: j959 on August 07, 2015, 12:32:15 PM
Tongue and cheek :P. Assuncao has just had a bad run of injuries. Hopefully he gets it eventually. And you're right with Cruz, he got injured after they had him and TJ set to face off. Cruz got injured a month or two out from the fight again :(.
Cruz must be seriously doubting his knees, poor guy was so dominant prior to the first

RiOtChEsS

Michael Johnson after he won all three rounds and lost a split decision today, going into the final round his opponent was $7:50/1 :o

Mat0369

Any idea when tickets are going on sale for UFC 193?

DazBurg

CONFIRMED FIGHTS FOR UFC 193 MELBOURNE

Robbie Lawler (26-10-0 1 NC) v Carlos Condit (30-8-0) (UFC welterweight championship)

Mark Hunt (10-9-1) v Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva (19-7-0 1 NC) (heavyweight)

Robert Whitakker (14-4-0) v Michael Bisping (28-7-0) (middleweight)

Jake Matthews (9-1-0) v Akbarh Arreola (23-9-1) (lightweight)

Kyle Noke (20-7-1) v Peter Sobotta (15-4-1) (welterweight)

Anthony Perosh (15-9-0) v Gian Villante (13-5-0) (light-heavyweight)

Daniel Kelly (9-1-0) v Ricardo Abreu (5-2-0) (middleweight)

Richard Walsh (8-4-0) v Steve Kennedy (22-7-0) (welterweight)

been trying to see about tickets on UFC site it says general public September 21 10am not sure if that for over there only or that willl be the same ehre