Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Jose Aldo has suffered a broken rib in sparring and isn't a centainty to fight McGregor. If Aldo isn't cleared by the fight, Chad Mendes will step in a face Conor for the intrim UFC Featherweight title.

More info here:
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/aldo-or-mendes-conor-mcgregor-says-ill-whip-both-of-them-on-the-same-night

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Levi434 on June 28, 2015, 02:42:40 PM
Jose Aldo has suffered a broken rib in sparring and isn't a centainty to fight McGregor. If Aldo isn't cleared by the fight, Chad Mendes will step in a face Conor for the intrim UFC Featherweight title.

More info here:
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/aldo-or-mendes-conor-mcgregor-says-ill-whip-both-of-them-on-the-same-night
Its not broken, he will fight Conor

Joel Romero @3/1 boom, Machida is done :-X

silloc

Aldo officially out.... pooooooooooo

jvalles69

Quote from: silloc on July 01, 2015, 02:26:57 PM
Aldo officially out.... pooooooooooo

Just read this.  What an anti-climax. :(

jvalles69

What are everyone's thoughts now?  I haven't seen Mendes fight since Aldo, I think Conor might get the title. Fair enough Aldo pulled out, I'd say he wants to fight Conor without any concerns and doesn't want to regret fighting and losing with a bruised rib, especially to Conor.

RiOtChEsS

i guess i like that there is an interim belt on the line to keep the hype going, apparently the 6th time Aldo has pulled out a fight ???

i dont think he is scared or ducking him, McGregor is so raw right now that this is when u would want to fight him

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 01, 2015, 03:15:49 PM
What are everyone's thoughts now?  I haven't seen Mendes fight since Aldo, I think Conor might get the title. Fair enough Aldo pulled out, I'd say he wants to fight Conor without any concerns and doesn't want to regret fighting and losing with a bruised rib, especially to Conor.
I still love this fight - much respect to Mendes improving his skill sets (imo) when I saw him 'take 2' against Aldo last - think he's had a fight or two since then.

i'm actually surprised that McGregor is favourite by a long margin to be honest - i'm not a betting man but if I can get a bit over $2 for Mendes I might put a sneaky tenner on him ...

McGregor pros: slight size, but def length advantage, elite striking, full camp prep
McGregor cons: camp prep for Aldo not Mendes, not tested on the mat

Mendes pros: elite wrestling, top3 featherweight imo, cardio
Mendes cons: length disadvantage, late in (prep)

jvalles69

Quote from: j959 on July 08, 2015, 01:53:45 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on July 01, 2015, 03:15:49 PM
I still love this fight - much respect to Mendes improving his skill sets (imo) when I saw him 'take 2' against Aldo last - think he's had a fight or two since then.

i'm actually surprised that McGregor is favourite by a long margin to be honest - i'm not a betting man but if I can get a bit over $2 for Mendes I might put a sneaky tenner on him ...

McGregor pros: slight size, but def length advantage, elite striking, full camp prep
McGregor cons: camp prep for Aldo not Mendes, not tested on the mat

Mendes pros: elite wrestling, top3 featherweight imo, cardio
Mendes cons: length disadvantage, late in (prep)

Mendes paying $2.42 on sportsbet.

RiOtChEsS

not sure what Mendes counter striking is like, that is the weakness to exploit with McGregor, he holds his chin up when in close :-X

being that Mendes only loss has come to Aldo im gonna back him in as i believe Conor's ranking is inflated on the back of no names

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on July 08, 2015, 03:15:01 PM
not sure what Mendes counter striking is like, that is the weakness to exploit with McGregor, he holds his chin up when in close :-X

being that Mendes only loss has come to Aldo im gonna back him in as i believe Conor's ranking is inflated on the back of no names
wouldn't quite say no names, but Poirer/Siver definitely not top5 featherweights by any stretch ...

win-win for UFC either way it would seem ... McGregor wins = dollars for 'unification' fight with healthy Aldo; Mendes wins, just means McGregor needs to 'bank' and actually beat some top5 featherweights to come back to title contention ...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on July 09, 2015, 11:35:35 AM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on July 08, 2015, 03:15:01 PM

wouldn't quite say no names, but Poirer/Siver definitely not top5 featherweights by any stretch ...

win-win for UFC either way it would seem ... McGregor wins = dollars for 'unification' fight with healthy Aldo; Mendes wins, just means McGregor needs to 'bank' and actually beat some top5 featherweights to come back to title contention ...
Aldo cleaning out the division is part of the reason Conor's ranking inflated also ;)

Levi434

Super hyped for the next 2 PPV's! Hope Mcgregor wins so we can see a unification match against Aldo eventually. Also want Rousey to keep her winning streak up against Corriea before battling Cyborg and perhaps Paige VanZant. (I know VanZant is at 115 but come on.)

Also a new C.M. Punk training video for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HdrWC5AxY

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Levi434 on July 09, 2015, 07:07:00 PM
Super hyped for the next 2 PPV's! Hope Mcgregor wins so we can see a unification match against Aldo eventually. Also want Rousey to keep her winning streak up against Corriea before battling Cyborg and perhaps Paige VanZant. (I know VanZant is at 115 but come on.)

Also a new C.M. Punk training video for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6HdrWC5AxY
training with good crew, he is a driven mofo so he is definitely gonna give his best, not sure what that equates to but il be cheerin 4him

jvalles69

Just watched the finale of Ultimate Fighter, final fight was hands down fight of the season. Looking forward to the card this sunday!

RiOtChEsS

haha Uriah Faber just eluded to Conor has beaten no names ;D