Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 02, 2015, 02:45:59 PM
Cormier only made 180k (90k show and 90k win bonus), while Johnson's was just for showing up :o.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/26/8663001/ufc-187-fighter-pay-anthony-johnson-chris-weidman-half-a-million-dollars-belfort-cormier-mma-news
holy shower :o wtf ???

Uriah Hall only 14k ??? i would have thought he is a bigger draw than that

Hellopplz

Yeah some salaries are crazy! But guess with Hall losing a few when he came in dropped his value. If he won TUF would be making more you'd imagine with the hype around him.

jvalles69

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 02, 2015, 08:51:33 PM
Yeah some salaries are crazy! But guess with Hall losing a few when he came in dropped his value. If he won TUF would be making more you'd imagine with the hype around him.

He's definitely change his style which I'm disappointed with.  Dana love him because he was always going for the big knockout, but now he seems just content to win matches by decision. What a shame.

RiOtChEsS

Did he get knocked out by someone? That may be why, seems odd to change if he wasn't finished

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 03, 2015, 09:06:53 AM
Did he get knocked out by someone? That may be why, seems odd to change if he wasn't finished

Thats the thing I don't think he did.  I remember there was a fight where it went to decision and I thought he won but the win went to his opponent and he said how disappointed he was etc, so you'd think he'd have more reason to finish opponents!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 03, 2015, 10:18:39 AM

Thats the thing I don't think he did.  I remember there was a fight where it went to decision and I thought he won but the win went to his opponent and he said how disappointed he was etc, so you'd think he'd have more reason to finish opponents!
needs a new manager... and a highlight reel knockout ;D

Hellopplz

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 05, 2015, 08:53:44 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 03, 2015, 10:18:39 AM
needs a new manager... and a highlight reel knockout ;D
That would help a bit :P. Think it was his 2nd fight in the UFC against Howard that was close, but was a loss. Think he's been trying to fight more conservatively for the wins since. But irrc, he then stopped Leben not long after, so always just depends which Hall turns up :-X.

jvalles69

Hendo, what a KO!  :o

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 07, 2015, 08:58:12 PM
Hendo, what a KO!  :o
yeah he touched him and Boetsch has a decent chin, Hendo still got mad power

RiOtChEsS

UFC in Mexico is just a bad idea, every fighter seemed to suffer from the altitude

Yail Rodriguez is a class above, future top 5'r for sure

Eddie Alvarez learned the hard way not to blow your nose when its broken :o instant eye swollen shut ???

Cain Velasquez has the mother of all chins and Werdum was very impressive, banked on Cain not acclimatising and it paid off

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/15/8779017/ufc-188-opinion-results-editorial-cain-velasquez-the-goat-that-never-was

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 16, 2015, 05:38:12 PM
UFC in Mexico is just a bad idea, every fighter seemed to suffer from the altitude

Eddie Alvarez learned the hard way not to blow your nose when its broken :o instant eye swollen shut ???

Cain Velasquez has the mother of all chins and Werdum was very impressive, banked on Cain not acclimatising and it paid off
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/6/15/8779017/ufc-188-opinion-results-editorial-cain-velasquez-the-goat-that-never-was

Good call, he looked gassed which I've never seen from him before!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 16, 2015, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 16, 2015, 05:38:12 PM

Good call, he looked gassed which I've never seen from him before!
yeah mouth wide open and slow punches halfway through round 2, gotta be a rematch soonish imo

jvalles69

It's getting closer to Aldo vs McGregor, what's everyones thoughts?  Just checking the odds out now and I like the look of Aldo to win by KO or submission @ $3.20.  I think emotions are going to be high and they both will go in looking for the kill, don't see them making it to 5 rounds.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on June 23, 2015, 07:57:51 PM
It's getting closer to Aldo vs McGregor, what's everyones thoughts?  Just checking the odds out now and I like the look of Aldo to win by KO or submission @ $3.20.  I think emotions are going to be high and they both will go in looking for the kill, don't see them making it to 5 rounds.
If Aldo keeps his head he will pick McGregor apart, he is still technically raw, Aldo should knock him out with a counter hook after Conor blitzes, he always pushes off after he rushes in, when your pushing off your hands are down ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 23, 2015, 09:59:22 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on June 23, 2015, 07:57:51 PM
If Aldo keeps his head he will pick McGregor apart, he is still technically raw, Aldo should knock him out with a counter hook after Conor blitzes, he always pushes off after he rushes in, when your pushing off your hands are down ;)

Only thing is I think Conor has got under Aldo's skin and think it's Aldo who's going to bring the fire, I see Conor being nice and calm…till bam…he's gets the Irish knocked out of him!  ;D