Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Fight of the night was Browne vs Arlovski by far.  Lead up fights were fairly meh.  Cerrone looked good.  Belfort through a wicked flurry that did not even phase Wiedman, think Belfort was in shock and he just lay down in the end.  DC, lost to Jones and with it lost his title shot, wasn't in the main event at all, Jones gets suspended, DC walks away with the belt.  :o

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 24, 2015, 07:44:13 PM
Fight of the night was Browne vs Arlovski by far.  Lead up fights were fairly meh.  Cerrone looked good.  Belfort through a wicked flurry that did not even phase Wiedman, think Belfort was in shock and he just lay down in the end.  DC, lost to Jones and with it lost his title shot, wasn't in the main event at all, Jones gets suspended, DC walks away with the belt.  :o
Rumble dropped him with that first shot n blew his wad going for the finish, not his style, he is a take whats there type fighter and eventually kills an opponent off impressively, think he was overwhelmed by the moment, bad habits resurfaced, u could see him call it in, his corner told him still got 3 rounds and he went one more big push and then gave it up when DC took him down again, makes me wish i had his toolbox, he really just got taken out of his game, DC didnt and faced bigger adversity so he definitely deserved it.

Weidman is a straight up monster... Rockhold will do him though mark my words ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 24, 2015, 09:03:30 PM
Rumble dropped him with that first shot n blew his wad going for the finish, not his style, he is a take whats there type fighter and eventually kills an opponent off impressively, think he was overwhelmed by the moment, bad habits resurfaced, u could see him call it in, his corner told him still got 3 rounds and he went one more big push and then gave it up when DC took him down again, makes me wish i had his toolbox, he really just got taken out of his game, DC didnt and faced bigger adversity so he definitely deserved it.

Weidman is a straight up monster... Rockhold will do him though mark my words ;)

I think DC definitely had the advantage in he's been there before and lost which I think is huge in sports.

Also agree about Rockhold, can't wait for that one!  In the mean time Cain vs Werdum, then Aldo vs McGregor will have to do!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 24, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

I think DC definitely had the advantage in he's been there before and lost which I think is huge in sports.

Also agree about Rockhold, can't wait for that one!  In the mean time Cain vs Werdum, then Aldo vs McGregor will have to do!
ive got Cain and Aldo, how about you?

Connor is gonna get found out big time, he will be caught coming in by Aldo and finished, said it before, he rushes in then tries to push off his opponent after he has thrown his lunging shot, top tier competition will block counter that amateur shower :-X

Cain and Werdum will be a ripper, cant split them on much other than Cain has the heart of a lion

Hellopplz

Caught the event today as well, was discussing with Daz on it as well!

We both thought Weidman maybe too much for Vitor now he's off TRT, and especially if you can last that initial flurry, usually gets easier from there. And exactly what Weidman did, lasted through the flurry, took him down and then didn't let up with his pressure on top.

I'm with you there Marcz 8).

Cormier wasn't a great match up for AJ, Daz even said before the match Cormier may end with a RNC, as AJ has lost three times with it. And Cormier has a grinding style, so what he did with AJ, didn't let up and AJ gassed :(. He did well at first to defend the takedown, but the constant pressure got to him, but he did land some nice shots here and there, just not consistently with Cormier right there hunting the take down.

Yeah that was crazy! Easily fight of the night. Cerrone breaking Mak's jaw with that kick, he knew it straight away :o. Not sure if it got confirmed afterwards though.

RiOtChEsS

i missed the Arlovski Browne fight, got Arlovski at 4/1 though 8) got him at 6/1 vs bigfoot the time before 8) gonna have to see it now

thought rumble got to keen after the first bomb landed, the thing i found most impressive about his striking was his knowledge and  application of the space between his opponent, if he was focused on that i dont think DC could have got the takedown as he would have been tagged coming in, probably wont get another shot but its a fight he would have won if he was in the moment.

j959

spewing I missed Browne v Arlovski!  :(
darn Auskick!  :P   ;)
(2hrs behind most of you)

Cerrone's opponent took the fight at short notice - was supposed fight Khalib Numengov (spelling??) - so props to that dude ...

Weidman was impressive but non-TRT Belfort just isn't in the game anymore - similar to Hendo - they're both future hall-of-famers but age catches up and I don't agree with TRT so ...

Rumble just had no tank - I also think he made the tactical mistake thinking his take-down defense was a bit better than it was against a top-level wrestler in DC ... in that 3rd round he goes, one head kick, two head kick and then a 3rd so early into the round and he just got pounded from there ...

UFC had to strip the title from Jones but still wonder if Jones would've been able to withstand the initial 1-3rds of Rumble on the feet??

jvalles69

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 25, 2015, 12:29:23 AM

Connor is gonna get found out big time, he will be caught coming in by Aldo and finished, said it before, he rushes in then tries to push off his opponent after he has thrown his lunging shot, top tier competition will block counter that amateur shower :-X

Cain and Werdum will be a ripper, cant split them on much other than Cain has the heart of a lion

Cain and Aldo also.  McGregor is damn lucky he's in one of the worset divisions talent wise, otherwise he'd be so far away from a title shot its not funny.  Cain is a monster, way too fast for anyone, although I was shocked at how fast Arlovski was.

j959

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 25, 2015, 03:30:22 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 25, 2015, 12:29:23 AM

Cain and Aldo also.  McGregor is damn lucky he's in one of the worset divisions talent wise, otherwise he'd be so far away from a title shot its not funny.  Cain is a monster, way too fast for anyone, although I was shocked at how fast Arlovski was.
McGregor - it's all about the money jv, all bout the money!

Forgot - Rockhold and Weidman should be awesome but I don't think Rockhold will cake-walk over Weidman!   :o    ;)

RiOtChEsS

Just saw Arlovski Browne :o :o :o no chance il get him at good odds again that was domination 8)

Hellopplz

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 25, 2015, 03:30:22 PM
McGregor is damn lucky he's in one of the worset divisions talent wise, otherwise he'd be so far away from a title shot its not funny.
Featherweights are actually pretty exciting! It's just because McGregor can sell himself and Aldo is just better than everybody else that he makes it look weak (Ala Anderson Silva did at MW). He's also beaten most of his biggest challengers to date ;). Got Mendes, Edgar, Lamas, McGregor, Bermudez, Swanson, Holloway, Oliveira, Porier and even Guida (off the top of my head) :P. McGregor was lucky they allowed him to avoid the top wrestlers of the division to get the money match :P.

Btw guys, did you hear/read that Anthony Johnson got 500k for his match against Cormier :o :o :o.

jvalles69

Condit with the win, Alves was getting pummeled, but huge heart to keep going, bummer that it got called off.  :(

Hellopplz

Loved Oliveira Vs Lentz, great match there!

Recorded it so just coming up to the Condit match next :P. Saw some pics of Alves and looked brutal :-X.

RiOtChEsS

yeah Condit was impressive, tried to cash out on Lentz at the start of the 3rd as he was up and then Cowboy slaps on a standing guillotine ??? :o ??? there is like a 10 seconds buffer from when u click confirm and if something big starts to happen in that time they revoke your request and it becomes unavailable >:(

Did Cormier get paid more than that HP?

Hellopplz