Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I don't know if it tarnishes his legacy but when you look at his age and injury is it really a surprise he was juicing to try and recover and come back to fight an elite level?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 04, 2015, 05:22:22 PM
I don't know if it tarnishes his legacy but when you look at his age and injury is it really a surprise he was juicing to try and recover and come back to fight an elite level?
exactly that, he is going to claim he used to rehab the injury like some baseballs finest

Cookie311993

Silva has ruled out ever fighting Machida. They are both Brazilians and have trained together for ages. Both fighters ruled out ever fighting each other.

Belfort though, Brazilian also. Silva didn't want to fight him because of that, but Vitor called Silva out for the title shot. For the interim title fight Vitor wanted Yoel Romero. Not sure why, Romero is booked to fight Jacare and Weidman is expected to be fit and ready for a title fight in May

In middleweight, a good upcoming fight is Lyoto Machida vs Luke Rockhold. I think this will be a great fight. Machida is a personal favourite of mine, against Rockhold, who from what I've seen has been impressive

RiOtChEsS

Has Vitor even fought since the TRT program has been shutdown? without it he will slip down the rankings imo

Machida Silva would be awesome, the fact they wont fight i do not like, reminds me of boxing where u cant get the fights u want to see, where is the line for other fighters, as soon as guys can duck or dodge fights the sport suffers

TRT Vitor KO'd Rockhold with a spinning back kick in the first round

Cookie311993

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on February 05, 2015, 08:10:17 AM
Has Vitor even fought since the TRT program has been shutdown? without it he will slip down the rankings imo

Machida Silva would be awesome, the fact they wont fight i do not like, reminds me of boxing where u cant get the fights u want to see, where is the line for other fighters, as soon as guys can duck or dodge fights the sport suffers

TRT Vitor KO'd Rockhold with a spinning back kick in the first round

I don't think Vitor has fought since the TRT program was abolished. He had a title fight with Weidman while it was active but it got cancelled leading up to the fight and Vitor pulled out of the fight.

Rockhold wants revenge. Whenever you here him talk about that fight, he wants a rematch

RiOtChEsS

He did look good up until he ate that foot, I doubt Vitir is as explosive now so I don't blame him for wanting another crack

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on February 04, 2015, 07:26:46 PM
exactly that, he is going to claim he used to rehab the injury like some baseballs finest
I disagree - totally potentially tarnishes his legacy regardless of whether just recent after injury ... ie a la Lance Armstrong, has Silva being using throughout his career but even if just after his leg break I do not believe that that is any better

as far as I was aware there is no steroid exemption in any world sport just because you're injured??  ???   ;)

I was just about to raise the TRT issue as well - definitely dodgy imo unless a qualified (and probably add 'respected') doctor says it is required just to get to get the person back to 'normal' (ie population average) testosterone levels ... as I understand it Sonnen, Belfort, Hendo (and even Duffee! ... etc were claiming this but it was just that their levels weren't around appropriate levels for their respective ages, it was that they were claiming their levels were not the same as when they were in their 20s!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on February 05, 2015, 05:22:03 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on February 04, 2015, 07:26:46 PM
I disagree - totally potentially tarnishes his legacy regardless of whether just recent after injury ... ie a la Lance Armstrong, has Silva being using throughout his career but even if just after his leg break I do not believe that that is any better

as far as I was aware there is no steroid exemption in any world sport just because you're injured??  ???   ;)

I was just about to raise the TRT issue as well - definitely dodgy imo unless a qualified (and probably add 'respected') doctor says it is required just to get to get the person back to 'normal' (ie population average) testosterone levels ... as I understand it Sonnen, Belfort, Hendo (and even Duffee! ... etc were claiming this but it was just that their levels weren't around appropriate levels for their respective ages, it was that they were claiming their levels were not the same as when they were in their 20s!
im glad u disagree, i feel like his PR team will muddy the waters though, so unless he literally comes out and says ive been doing it my whole career he is gonna be just another asterisk like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens etc in my opinion

Hellopplz

EDGAR VS FABER HEADLINING A FIGHT NIGHT CARD!

Going to be at 145 and should be a good match considering both near the top of their divisions so close to a super fight.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 12, 2015, 11:57:15 AM

Going to be at 145 and should be a good match considering both near the top of their divisions so close to a super fight.
ooh!!! when's this HP?!?!

now, which of my friends has foxtel??   ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on February 12, 2015, 03:28:34 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on February 12, 2015, 11:57:15 AM

ooh!!! when's this HP?!?!

now, which of my friends has foxtel??   ;)
w0weee thats gonna be a barnburner, similar styles, both tenacious terriers >:(

Hellopplz

May 16th in Manila! So another Thriller in Manila :P.

Got foxtel so I just need to keep that date free 8).

DazBurg

10th of may UFC in Adelaide
keen to see ticket prices might make a road trip :D

DazBurg

also if there are no injuries have you seen the UFC 187 card???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: The BeDazzler on February 20, 2015, 08:14:20 PM
10th of may UFC in Adelaide
keen to see ticket prices might make a road trip :D
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o