Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Damn i wish sportsbet had odds for who would defeat Jon Jones, drugs would have been a thousand to one  :P

Mat0369

So I just read this

Adding fuel to the fire, Jones' testosterone levels for his pre-fight test were .19. The average male will have levels around 1.1, meaning Jones' levels were insanely low for an elite male athlete in his prime. These levels would be a red flag for some form of a masking agent. Stay tuned for this one.

RiOtChEsS

Thoughts on Jose Aldo V Connor McGregor?

Hellopplz

Well kinda chose matches to suit McGregor, but got the love the hype he's been bringing :P. Would love to see Aldo smash him ;D.

Bill Manspeaker

Conor all the way baby!

RiOtChEsS

i think Aldo clips him for sure, he holds his hands low all the time, if Siver was cleaner with his striking McGregor was open several times, definitely not saying Siver could have won, Jose Aldo is a tad more elite than Siver :D

Hellopplz

Yeah, but Conor uses that range well to avoid getting hit too much. Although Siver landed a fair amount of leg kicks, if Conor allows Aldo to do that, bye bye :-X. Would be good to see how he stacks up to Aldo with that height/reach advantage.

RiOtChEsS

if u get the chance HP watch when Connor rushes in with punches, he is repeatedly left standing in front of Siver with his chin up and hands down and pushes Siver to get separation, im sure Aldo has seen this (he said in the interview 'i no what im gonna do to him') when McGregor rushes in Aldo will squat down with hands up and a hook with either hand, that will be what rocks him and leads to the finish, TKO by punches imo

Hellopplz

Watched it as foxtel shows all the fight cards on there but shall take a closer look when I rewatch. Agree his hands were down alot (reminds me of Silva like that, baiting their opponent in). Hopefully Aldo can TKO/KO him, just needs to get within the reach Conor has over most people, but as you said once he rushes in if he can time it well, can land nicely. As from Siver to Aldo would be a huge difference :P.

RiOtChEsS

agreed, i thought the straight left n the distance he can cover with it was his most impressive weapon, imo it would be better for the division if he beat Aldo as Connor is raw n could lose a technically sound elite fighter, could make for a mish mash of great matchups

Hellopplz

They are saying he's been spoon-fed guys to suit his stand up, and avoided the wrestlers of the division through his win-streak like Edgar, Lamas and Mendes. I'm sure they could give him trouble if he wins the title. But reckon if Aldo can beat Conor, he could move up to Lightweight so opens up the division again!

RiOtChEsS

Aldo has pretty much owned this division n could do with a different challenge, i agree they r riding the hype train, who was the last number 5 ranked fighter who beat the 10th ranked fighter to get a title shot in his home country :D

Cookie311993

McGregor is #4 and hasn't fought any of the fighters above him. #1 Chad Mendes is booked to fight #3 Ricardo Lamas. I reckon give McGregor #2 Frankie Edgar. That should be the number 1 contender fight. Edgar fought very hard against Aldo first time around and recently he belted Cub Swanson. Should have been Edgar vs McGregor for #1 contender

I'm a fan, but he doesn't deserve it. I don't get the ufc and their title fights. McGregor beats Siver,  he gets title shot. Anderson Silva beats Nick Diaz and he too will get a title shot.

Hellopplz

They are into the money making aspect of things, and McGregor/Silva would sell tickets, so leap frog more deserving guys.

That and they protected McGregor, so avoided the top guys who could potentially get him down and beat him.

Cookie311993

I was looking last night and the next bantamweight title fight is Dillashaw vs Barao 2. Imo Barao had his chance at a rematch. He couldn't fight due to feeling light headed. Cruz was meant to get the shot but tore his Acl. Dillashaw won't fight Faber. Give him Assuncao. Last man to beat him, I'm sure Dillashaw wants to avenge that loss