Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Reckon he could change the Anaconda vice into a proper submission though, give up holding their arm and switch to a head and arm choke ;). That would make it hurt more :P.

As for the Punk signing, obviously for publicity and no way they can throw him tough opponent straight out like Lesnar. If they do, watch him likely get smashed :P.

CrowsFan

Well I was actually hoping for a lively debate where we both expressed our opinions so I could hear your reasoning behind why you thought he may pull it out in a match. However looks like you would rather than just say "how's the view up there?" after I had stated my opinion and leave it there.

Not sure if you actually watch real fighting or if you just stick to the fake stuff. I highly doubt he would bother even attempting to alter it in to some sort of submission manoeuvre and will just stick to the tried and tested methods of real fighters.

jvalles69

Whats CM's background?  Remeber hearing him say something like Kempo I thought I heard, don't know much about that marital art.

Hellopplz

Apparently he's a Brazillian Jiu Jitzu "hobbyist". Not sure on anything else he's dabbled in.

jvalles69

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 09, 2014, 04:09:56 PM
Apparently he's a Brazillian Jiu Jitzu "hobbyist". Not sure on anything else he's dabbled in.

Well he's sweet if UFC starts to allow chairs, baseball bats wrapped in barbed wire and sledgehammers.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 07, 2014, 11:30:42 PM
I am pretty sure the Anaconda Vice is just a modified Rear Naked Choke
The anaconda vise is just a modified arm triangle choke. It can easily be turned into an actual arm triangle choke quite easily 

Mat0369

I still have money on him crying about something and quitting before he even steps into the Octagon for a fight.

Cookie311993

This image here is of Punks, Anaconda Vise

This one is the arm triangle choke performed by Renan Barao

Renan Barao is a black belt in BJJ, so he has the correct Technique as well

The anaconda vise takes so long to tap, because A it's fake and b, he doesn't make alot of compression on the neck. He focuses more on the arm instead of the choke. Whereas the BJJ move focuses on the neck and the suffocation of the victim

Hellopplz

Agree Cookie, similar though and if he drops the focus on the arm thing, could switch it into one! In WWE, just meant to make things look painful but aren't actually going to hurt/injure the other person (e.g. sleeper hold is sort of like a rear-naked choke, except like no pressure at all).

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 09, 2014, 03:45:39 PM
Reckon he could change the Anaconda vice into a proper submission though, give up holding their arm and switch to a head and arm choke ;). That would make it hurt more :P.

CrowsFan

To change it in to an arm triangle he needs to completely change his body position, plus he's got to either change which arm he uses to wrap around their head or he's got to change the arm of the opponents that he locks up. It's a lot easier said than done.

By the way my bro, who as you all know is a legit fighter and has choked out his fair share of opponents agrees with me that the vise is useless and that Punk is going to suffer in the UFC. He even said he would fight him haha.

Cookie311993

Quote from: Honey Badger on December 12, 2014, 12:23:15 PM
To change it in to an arm triangle he needs to completely change his body position, plus he's got to either change which arm he uses to wrap around their head or he's got to change the arm of the opponents that he locks up. It's a lot easier said than done.

By the way my bro, who as you all know is a legit fighter and has choked out his fair share of opponents agrees with me that the vise is useless and that Punk is going to suffer in the UFC. He even said he would fight him haha.
I always struggled with the arm triangle choke. Could never get everything right

Hellopplz

Agree, he'd have to alter it quite a bit and change his body position to pull it off, but more likely to do an arm triangle than a GTS :P.

Everybody is calling him out, but apparently they are going to get him an inexperienced fighter for his first match.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 12, 2014, 07:04:03 PM
Agree, he'd have to alter it quite a bit and change his body position to pull it off, but more likely to do an arm triangle than a GTS :P.

Everybody is calling him out, but apparently they are going to get him an inexperienced fighter for his first match.
WWE and MMA are obviously not the same ... he won't seriously try to use 'moves' he did in WWE in his UFC fight/s ... I don't know much about him as I don't follow recent WWE (I know of Stone Cold and the Rock but I haven't followed since Hulk Hogan days ... yep, i'm old  ;))

How good was UFC 181?!?!?!  :o    ;)

My initial thoughts were still that Hendricks took it but again it was a close one - seems to be the 'wrestling-bias' only really applied to GSP??!!   :o   ;)

j959

Quote from: Honey Badger on November 22, 2014, 09:53:57 PM
For those who didn't watch Rob just won the championship in under 4 minutes via rear naked choke!!

By the way j, when you asked how he was going in the lead up I neglected to mention that he had re-broken the same hand in training so was unable to actually do much punching with it. They had said if he pulled out they would just replace him rather than reschedule the fight, so he didn't tell them it was broken and fought anyway. Madness!!
far out!!!  :o

glad he came away with the win!  ;)

Quote from: Honey Badger on December 08, 2014, 11:10:00 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 07, 2014, 11:56:43 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on December 07, 2014, 11:22:03 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 07, 2014, 10:41:30 PM
Quote from: Nige on December 07, 2014, 06:23:46 PM
I'd pay to see him GTS or Anaconda Vice some UFC guys.  :P

LOL I don't think the GTS will get a run, but the Vice is a chance!
I hope you're not being serious.

Why wouldn't I be?
Because it's a fake wrestling move that isn't even a real submission. It's nothing more than a slight neck crank that would do no damage whatsoever. Why do you think in the wrestling the opponent can have it put on them and they don't tap for over a minute whereas a real submission you tap in seconds? It's because it doesn't do enough to actually hurt someone to the point where they would tap.

That's why I hope you weren't being serious, but looks as if you were, which is unfortunate.

To actually comment on the signing by UFC it's actually a very smart move. It's going to bring in a new crowd who want to watch punk, but for punk I hope he doesn't expect to challenge for the titles. He can just cash his most likely large cheques and go home.
oops missed this from CF above ...  ;)

Cookie311993

Quote from: j959 on December 15, 2014, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on December 12, 2014, 07:04:03 PM

WWE and MMA are obviously not the same ... he won't seriously try to use 'moves' he did in WWE in his UFC fight/s ... I don't know much about him as I don't follow recent WWE (I know of Stone Cold and the Rock but I haven't followed since Hulk Hogan days ... yep, i'm old  ;))

How good was UFC 181?!?!?!  :o    ;)

My initial thoughts were still that Hendricks took it but again it was a close one - seems to be the 'wrestling-bias' only really applied to GSP??!!   :o   ;)
You don't get points for unsuccessful takedowns, which Hendricks had a lot of.