Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 27, 2014, 01:20:16 PM
'eerie' history tells us when there is a dominant champion he usually falls to somebody we were looking passed, like Barao Dillishaw, Weidman Silva etc... Werdum just doesnt have a lot of hype, doesnt feel like a big fight but i think he is more dangerous than most of the other guys Cain has fought, they have been great at 1 or 2 things, Werdum is very well rounded, he could pull off a huge upset imo
ah, ok - however I don't think Cain would look past anyone at this stage having already lost the title before to Dos Santos ...  ;)

I agree that I didn't think Dillashaw was a chance against Barao when they first fought but I certainly didn't ignore the possibility that Weidman could best Silva even to the point where I predicted, in that I was hoping that Silva wouldn't do his by then usual 'goading antics' which was ultimately his undoing in their first face-off ...  :(   ;)

didn't Werdum get a good win against Fedor the 'Emperor'??   ???

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on August 27, 2014, 04:57:38 PM
'eerie' history tells us when there is a dominant champion he usually falls to somebody we were looking passed, like Barao Dillishaw, Weidman Silva etc... Werdum just doesnt have a lot of hype, doesnt feel like a big fight but i think he is more dangerous than most of the other guys Cain has fought, they have been great at 1 or 2 things, Werdum is very well rounded, he could pull off a huge upset imo
ah, ok - however I don't think Cain would look past anyone at this stage having already lost the title before to Dos Santos ...  ;)

I agree that I didn't think Dillashaw was a chance against Barao when they first fought but I certainly didn't ignore the possibility that Weidman could best Silva even to the point where I predicted, in that I was hoping that Silva wouldn't do his by then usual 'goading antics' which was ultimately his undoing in their first face-off ...  :(   ;)

yeah caught him in a choke from his back i think... :-\ definitely submitted him

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 28, 2014, 07:05:15 PM
Quote from: j959 on August 27, 2014, 04:57:38 PM

yeah caught him in a choke from his back i think... :-\ definitely submitted him
there you go then ... Cain will not be looking past him ... ;)

Justin Bieber

Werdum was first guy to submit him and beat him in a very long time (to end his era sorta). Although he got dominated by JDS a few years back, improved his game alot as you said Marcz. Can't wait to see him fight as he has some nice Muay Thai along with his ground game, so hoping a good match with Cain :D.

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 26, 2014, 03:44:52 PM
Barao Vs Dillishaw rematch, im leaning towards Barao convincingly, anyone else see it differently?

Velasquez Werdum will be interesting, doesnt have a huge hype behind it combined with Werdum is dangerous, has an eerie feel to it :-X
I think if Barao doesn't get rocked early or put on the back foot again, he could finish TJ. But then again, I thought Anderson would have Weidman in the rematch and that didn't really pan out...

CrowsFan

So managed to find a copy of Rob's first fight in the tournament on youtube. Note this isn't the official video done by the company, but by some guy just filming in the crowd, so it isn't the best angle or footage, but have a watch anyway :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSts5UT3rxA

j959

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 29, 2014, 01:32:26 AM
So managed to find a copy of Rob's first fight in the tournament on youtube. Note this isn't the official video done by the company, but by some guy just filming in the crowd, so it isn't the best angle or footage, but have a watch anyway :)

good stuff - thanks HB/CF   8)   :)

Cookie311993

Barao out, Joe Soto in. Who the flower is Joe Soto?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on August 29, 2014, 07:43:35 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on August 29, 2014, 01:32:26 AM

good stuff - thanks HB/CF   8)   :)
awwwesome 8)

Quote from: Cookie311993 on August 30, 2014, 10:07:00 AM
Barao out, Joe Soto in. Who the flower is Joe Soto?
not really sure :-\ puts a ton of pressure on TJ now, dont want to lose ur first defense to a guy on a days notice...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/29/6084577/joe-soto-replaces-renan-barao-will-fight-t-j-dillashaw-in-ufc-177
complications from the weight cut ???

Justin Bieber

Apparently he was 155 like a week out, so had to cut 20 pounds in a few days :o. Probably a bad cut and couldn't do it...

I don't really know who Soto is but on a win streak and was in right place at the right time, gets moved from the prelims into a title shot in his DEBUT.... If he can win, a fairytale story!

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 30, 2014, 07:00:41 PM
I don't really know who Soto is but on a win streak and was in right place at the right time, gets moved from the prelims into a title shot in his DEBUT.... If he can win, a fairytale story!
Got Hollywood written all over it :o

Justin Bieber

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 31, 2014, 09:36:54 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on August 30, 2014, 07:00:41 PM
Got Hollywood written all over it :o
Exactly why I'm going for him :P. And Soto giving TJ a good fight, has some nice head movement early to avoid combos :o.

Grazz

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 10, 2014, 10:59:37 PM
Also here is his hand...

Ouch!!!!
Hope he's healing well HB.

Justin Bieber

UFC 178 today and has a great card! Cruz returned <3. Certainly looks awesome in his first fight back!

Also for those that follow Bellator, Shemelenko was finished so fast :o. That Tito loss must really have played with him, as did not see such a finish coming to his fight :-X.

CrowsFan

Here's some brief highlights/promo for Rob in the Brace tournament so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_XSnOaRtP4&feature=youtu.be

Grazz

Thats a great package of highlights mate. :o