Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Nice HB :D. Hopefully you aren't a bad luck charm to him though, he's been on a tear lately ;). Good luck to Rob, one more and in that title match 8).

I saw that, certainly will get more people hyped for that match up! Cormier shoved Cummins as well a little in their face off a few months ago :P. Given, that card is looking pretty stacked if injuries allow it. Eddie Alvarez may be welcomed at UFC 178 by Donald Cerrone as well :o :o.

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 06, 2014, 11:07:13 AM

Jon Jones Vs Daniel Cormier... Scuffle at the face off
http://youtu.be/rf_WWMTR9LU?t=40s
i rekn this has been staged, either that or every UFC camera has not uploaded the footage
nah, UFC won't be happy with this - not good for the global 'brand' and getting MMA events sanctioned and through legislatures (eg New York ban on MMA still I think??).

but on the other hand ... woo woo! UFC 178 Jones v Cormier = game on!!!  :o   ;)

man, don't know if I can hold out til the end of September 2014!  :P   ;)

Justin Bieber

Robert 'Razor' Wilkinson
GIVE ME THAT BELT BABY! I won my semi final fight with a TKO from razor sharp elbows 4:15 in the first round!

Nice win by Rob in his fight from the sounds of it! Onto the finals with that stoppage, and continues his undefeated streak.

CrowsFan

Ah beat me to it HP! Not all good news though as he broke his hand during the fight, but kept going and got the win. Didn't have it all his own way, getting taken down early on, but fought back to his feet then took down his opponent and finished it off in pretty brutal fashion. The final isn't until late November so gives him plenty of time for his hand to heal (off to the hospital tonight, but my early diagnosis is a 2nd metacarpal fracture) and get ready.

7 and zip now! :D

Justin Bieber

Ouch, lucky when the adrenaline was pumping he came back and won it :D. Glad to hear he's got some time off to let it heal and get ready for that title 8).

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 09, 2014, 01:32:14 PM
Ouch, lucky when the adrenaline was pumping he came back and won it :D. Glad to hear he's got some time off to let it heal and get ready for that title 8).
yeah, hopefully not too long in terms of healing prognosis CF/HB - wish him well for us!  :)

DazBurg

still reckon the single biggest mistake was him not being in the TUF nations most of the guys who represented AUS got smashed

CrowsFan

Quote from: DazBurg on August 10, 2014, 10:17:26 AM
still reckon the single biggest mistake was him not being in the TUF nations most of the guys who represented AUS got smashed
Yeah pretty disappointing, but I'm fairly sure I know why he didn't get on the show. He doesn't have the personality and interview skills required for a reality tv show, where it's not just about who is the better fighter, but who can talk a big game and win the audience over. Rob, despite probably being a far better fighter than those who made it on lacks that mic skills needed unfortunately :(

Anyway, here is the review of his fight from Fight News Australia...

Rob Wilkinson kept his unbeaten streak alive against Central Coast veteran Rick Alchin in the middleweight semi-final on Friday night. The Tasmanian claimed the victory in the final minute of the opening round with ground and pound. Wilkinson will face the winner of the Brace 29 middleweight semi-final between Gerhard Voigt and William Namoa.

This one began with a touch of gloves before Alchin opened his account with a leg kick. He searched for a takedown soon after but Wilkinson did well to defend for a period of time. Alchin eventually got him down before Wilkinson worked back to his feet. They both exchanged strikes from there with Alchin connecting with a straight right while Wilkinson landed a leg kick right hand combination. Wilkinson then got a takedown before landing solid shots from full guard. Wilkinson continued with hard shots from the top position and the ref intervened and waved it off after a number of elbows.

I'm sure the fight will be up at some point (even though the last one isn't), but I did manage to film the last 8 seconds of the fight, which you can see here (ignore the screaming brother haha)...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152618546904467&set=vb.741319466&type=2&theater

CrowsFan

Also here is his hand...

DazBurg

Quote from: Honey Badger on August 10, 2014, 10:54:12 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on August 10, 2014, 10:17:26 AM
Yeah pretty disappointing, but I'm fairly sure I know why he didn't get on the show. He doesn't have the personality and interview skills required for a reality tv show, where it's not just about who is the better fighter, but who can talk a big game and win the audience over. Rob, despite probably being a far better fighter than those who made it on lacks that mic skills needed unfortunately :(

Anyway, here is the review of his fight from Fight News Australia...

Rob Wilkinson kept his unbeaten streak alive against Central Coast veteran Rick Alchin in the middleweight semi-final on Friday night. The Tasmanian claimed the victory in the final minute of the opening round with ground and pound. Wilkinson will face the winner of the Brace 29 middleweight semi-final between Gerhard Voigt and William Namoa.

This one began with a touch of gloves before Alchin opened his account with a leg kick. He searched for a takedown soon after but Wilkinson did well to defend for a period of time. Alchin eventually got him down before Wilkinson worked back to his feet. They both exchanged strikes from there with Alchin connecting with a straight right while Wilkinson landed a leg kick right hand combination. Wilkinson then got a takedown before landing solid shots from full guard. Wilkinson continued with hard shots from the top position and the ref intervened and waved it off after a number of elbows.

I'm sure the fight will be up at some point (even though the last one isn't), but I did manage to film the last 8 seconds of the fight, which you can see here (ignore the screaming brother haha)...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152618546904467&set=vb.741319466&type=2&theater
yea so basically because his not an arrogant douche he misses out (ok not all were but alot do put on that persona)

good on him for the win and wish him a speedy recovery from the hand

Justin Bieber

Forgot to post, but can't see the FB link HB. Either privacy settings or taken off preventing me.

Bader Vs OSP card was alright, main event was Bader dominating him, but rest of the main card filled with finishes. Gray Maynard got KO'd again :-\.

AND BIG NEWS FOR UFC 178. Eddie Alvarez has been released by Bellator (at last) and is facing Cerrone in his debut in the Co-Main event! They were trying to do it, thought they failed so booked Green as Cerrone's opponent but now got Alvarez :D.

Even without Jones Vs Cormier on it, should be a good card. Cruz's return match is headlining the prelims though, so I can't complain as I'll be able to watch them :D.

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 21, 2014, 08:28:39 PM
Forgot to post, but can't see the FB link HB. Either privacy settings or taken off preventing me.

Bader Vs OSP card was alright, main event was Bader dominating him, but rest of the main card filled with finishes. Gray Maynard got KO'd again :-\.

AND BIG NEWS FOR UFC 178. Eddie Alvarez has been released by Bellator (at last) and is facing Cerrone in his debut in the Co-Main event! They were trying to do it, thought they failed so booked Green as Cerrone's opponent but now got Alvarez :D.

Even without Jones Vs Cormier on it, should be a good card. Cruz's return match is headlining the prelims though, so I can't complain as I'll be able to watch them :D.
yeah, i'm hoping to watch that even without Jones v Cormier ... also really looking forward to Velasquez v Werdum - think that's in November 2014?  ;)

RiOtChEsS

Barao Vs Dillishaw rematch, im leaning towards Barao convincingly, anyone else see it differently?

Velasquez Werdum will be interesting, doesnt have a huge hype behind it combined with Werdum is dangerous, has an eerie feel to it :-X

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 26, 2014, 03:44:52 PM
Barao Vs Dillishaw rematch, im leaning towards Barao convincingly, anyone else see it differently?

Velasquez Werdum will be interesting, doesnt have a huge hype behind it combined with Werdum is dangerous, has an eerie feel to it :-X
what do you mean by 'eerie' Marcz?  :-\

Killashaw vs Barao (yeh, that was a 'Freudian slip' in typing so I've left the typo there  ;)) - I thought Barao would have way too much class in the first match-up but Dillashaw just put in one of the most impressive 'carpe diem' performances I've ever seen in my (albeit relatively short) MMA following so i'm not so sure.

at this stage, i'm thinking I just lean towards TJ because I would have liked to have seen Barao vs Faber go on a bit more than it unfortunately (but safety/fighter welfare-wise fine) did ...  :-\   ;)

RiOtChEsS

'eerie' history tells us when there is a dominant champion he usually falls to somebody we were looking passed, like Barao Dillishaw, Weidman Silva etc... Werdum just doesnt have a lot of hype, doesnt feel like a big fight but i think he is more dangerous than most of the other guys Cain has fought, they have been great at 1 or 2 things, Werdum is very well rounded, he could pull off a huge upset imo